BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

36 minutes ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

I got the impression from the full interview that the aggression was between the players, and I would have expected no less, especially given Lenihan/JRCs pushing match.

I agree, and perhaps the only way they could express their frustrations if they want to play for Rovers going forward.

13 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

I don’t know how it came across on TV, but in Ewood I don’t think you could not get the impression that something went on at half time.

As the first half progressed it descended into farce. It was a bit like it used to be back in the Kean days. Some players looked bemused, some looked pissed off, some exasperated. Travis was visibly not happy, I thought we might have another Batty/Le Saux moment with Lenihan and JRC, and it looked as though Johnson and Rothwell decided to make their own tactical change. On top of all this the fans were (rightly) livid.

I came back up to my seat a couple of minutes before the restart and we were all complaining about how all the subs were still warming up so wouldn’t be coming on. Dack never came on to the pitch at half time on Saturday, so we weren’t expecting him to be there. All of a sudden he came out to the other subs and they quickly all headed down the tunnel. Gallagher clearly only entered the fray with a minute or so notice.

The second half was full of urgency and fight. It was blindingly obvious that any game plan had been thrown out and in it’s place was a dogged determination to score the goals to get back in the game by any means necessary. There seemed a lot more togetherness and encouragement between the players, as well as a very deliberate attempt to get the crowd back onside.

Then there’s the melancholic Mowbray post match interview. Something out of the ordinary definitely occurred.

I watched it on Rovers TV due to being abroad and it was obvious something had gone on too.

The camera crew panned over to the motionless Mowbray a few times too, including after each goal.

I hope we went to the dentist on Wednesday, to remove the tooth that must have been causing the pained look on his face.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Gutted said:

If we'd have stuck with Mowbray's 'game plan' we'd have been comprehensively beaten. Fortunately his set up was so inept fans and players demanded change, with the odd exception such as yourself possibly. Thankfully common sense and professional pride prevailed. 

We didn't though because he changed it, making early changes.

Some of the posts on here after the Derby game and the mental gymnastics employed to withhold any sort of praise towards the manager has been laughable.

We will see how things look come Reading away. Last season Mowbray looked deflated and was just sat on the bench similar to the second half versus Derby. He was also upset at the fans for the lack of support, and that could be part of the reason for his behaviour as the crowd was cleary upseton Tuesday night. From what I saw on RoversTV he didn't react with much joy when we scored either, and shook hands with the Derby staff before the final whistle - I don't know if he entered the pitch but hopefully there were some pats on the backs of players in the dressing room afterwards.

I hope both him and the players return to form and come out guns blazing on March 19.

4 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

We didn't though because he changed it, making early changes.

Some of the posts on here after the Derby game and the mental gymnastics employed to withhold any sort of praise towards the manager has been laughable.

I don’t consider half the game as being “early”.

No-one outside the dressing room knows exactly what went on at half time, but there are clear pointers that the changes were taken out of the manager’s hands.

His body language during the second half, and at the post match press conference, and the admission of words being spoken by senior players at half time the most obvious signs.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, martonrover said:

I don’t consider half the game as being “early”.

No-one outside the dressing room knows exactly what went on at half time, but there are clear pointers that the changes were taken out of the manager’s hands.

His body language during the second half, and at the post match press conference, and the admission of words being spoken by senior players at half time the most obvious signs.

Was early enough to win the game, that is what matters. And of course it was the managers decision.

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Was early enough to win the game, that is what matters. And of course it was the managers decision.

The first part - we were fortunate to only be a goal down at half time. Would he have changed it if we’d been 2 or more down? I suspect not.

The second part - The manager may have sanctioned the changes, but probably under extreme pressure from others in the dressing room.

I have never seen a manager (of any club) as downbeat after a victory. You really would think we had lost the game.

Edited by martonrover
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, tomphil said:

It looked like Venus took charge of the second half they had a roll reversal on the bench.  Benson likes prowling the technical area this season as well. what's all that about.

benson is mr clipboard,i guess he`s either inputting the subs information or trying to look important,probably the latter,considering he`s the goalkeeping coach i don`t understand why he has to strut about,should`nt he be sat in the stand getting a better view of kaminski,he should sort his kicking out as well,it`s gone downhill badly in the last few matches

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

benson is mr clipboard,i guess he`s either inputting the subs information or trying to look important,probably the latter,considering he`s the goalkeeping coach i don`t understand why he has to strut about,should`nt he be sat in the stand getting a better view of kaminski,he should sort his kicking out as well,it`s gone downhill badly in the last few matches

I'm sure he was stood in the technical area most of the second half hands in pockets. 

7 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

Benson has been giving tech area advice to outfield players for weeks.

He's been at Rovers since 2015 so predates Mowbray. Benson and Lowe were 2 of the pieces of furniture that Mowbray had to accept to get his move off the scrapheap.

I assume Benson and Lowe have been around so long at Rovers because they are dirt cheap and kiss the correct arses.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Now manager watch is a thing. This bizarre obsession about how he behaves on the touchline, thats just how he is as a person. It doesnt need reading in to the point of baseless conclusions that he doesnt care, that he is sulking, whatever crap people want to say.

FFS stop this constant whinging.

You are the master at micro analysis, the board is full of examples.

If fans want to analyse Mowbray its up to them.

Not you.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 5