26 minutes ago, JWU-Andy said:

since January 1st 2022 (league only)

P 13
W 3
D 4
L 7
F 3
A 9
Pts 13 from a possible 39 and on a pro-rata basis 46 points over the season - nailed on relegation

that, for me at least, over the course of a slightly more than a quarter of a season isn't twists and turns.  It's the sort of nosedive we've become accustomed to over the past few seasons... the best outcome for the manager, clubs and fans alike is not to offer him a new contract in the summer.

For me personally, if we're not to blow what is/was our best shot at promotion since we got relegated 10 years ago, he needs to go now.  A fresh voice, new ideas, actually playing players in their best position, a bit of charisma, a plan B could still get us into sixth.  Under the current manager, we'll be lucky to get top 10!

Like I said earlier Andy, I am fully aware of the stats in recent games and weeks. 

We will have to agree to disagree on Mowbray and whether we need a new manager right now. I don't. I don't think the players need a new voice at all. They are performing for him. 

any suggestions who this new manager should be replace with? 

@Miller11Similar question to you who would you appoint as Mowbray's replacement since you want a change of manager after yesterday's defeat? Not interested in Who Venkys used in hiring our manager but the question is who you would appoint. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

“They’ve just clicked”.

I don’t think he knew why we suddenly started winning games and I don’t think he knows how to get us winning again.

I don’t think he knows very much to be honest.

Edited by den
  • Like 5

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

any suggestions who this new manager should be replace with? 

for me Mowbray, Venus and Lowe all go.  I'd give the role to Damien Johnson until the end of the season - he can't do any worse across many facets of the role with the view to bringing a new management team in after the season has finished - hit the ground running, with a full pre-season behind them and fresh impetuous.

Unfortunately history tells us that won't happen as I very much doubt the club have the finances to attract an ambitious manager in terms of both salary and transfer budget or the infrastructure/personnel to find this new manager - John Park, Steve Waggott - neither of whom are going to **** on their own doorstep at the expense of the man who (in my opinion ) got them the job in the first place.

An interesting summer awaits, however not one I can say I'm looking forward to with much relish. 

• Like 1

Just now, JWU-Andy said:

for me Mowbray, Venus and Lowe all go.  I'd give the role to Damien Johnson until the end of the season - he can't do any worse across many facets of the role with the view to bringing a new management team in after the season has finished - hit the ground running, with a full pre-season behind them and fresh impetuous.

Unfortunately history tells us that won't happen as I very much doubt the club have the finances to attract an ambitious manager in terms of both salary and transfer budget or the infrastructure/personnel to find this new manager - John Park, Steve Waggott - neither of whom are going to **** on their own doorstep at the expense of the man who (in my opinion ) got them the job in the first place.

An interesting summer awaits, however not one I can say I'm looking forward to with much relish. 

Why would it be a good idea to not only replace a manager with 9 games to go, but then give it temporarily to a rookie already within his coaching setup?

There are 2 reasons why someone might want a change of manager now, as illogical and counterproductive as I think that would be. Firstly to try and salvage our play off hopes, in which case surely youd get someone who has been around the block, a Warnock type. Or secondly with also half an eye into next season, which to me we cant afford to have at the moment, but in which case we would need to get our next manager immediately. Johnson wouldn't provide a bounce or tick either box.

8 minutes ago, JWU-Andy said:

Thankyou for reply and answering the question. 

I watched Lowe during the players shooting in the warm up and he was awful with his touch. I did say a few months that Mowbray should have change his backroom team and move Johnson into the number 2 role and Barr should have made first team coach after last season disappointing season

I think Johnson will be candidate tom replace Mowbray in the summer if he does leave

7 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Thankyou for reply and answering the question. 

I watched Lowe during the players shooting in the warm up and he was awful with his touch. I did say a few months that Mowbray should have change his backroom team and move Johnson into the number 2 role and Barr should have made first team coach after last season disappointing season

I think Johnson will be candidate tom replace Mowbray in the summer if he does leave

maybe a few years ago he would have been,mowbray sidelined him into the job of something to do with the u`23s,no one actually knows what he does,because he was a serious threat to tony`s job

37 minutes ago, den said:

“They’ve just clicked”.

I don’t think he knew why we suddenly started winning games and I don’t think he knows how to get us winning again.

I don’t think he knows very much to be honest.

Indeed. I guarantee his solution on Tuesday won’t be a change of formation or anything sensible like that - it will be to mix up 1 or 2 of the front 3 again. At least one, but probably both of Giles and Dolan will be back in before we witness yet another 0 on the Rovers score chart.

Rinse and repeat for Reading away.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 1

Form table is frightening.

Top sides all pushing for the play offs are top of the form....except us going the other way.

5 of those sides just below us with a game in hand will put us in 9th.

I can see us finishing 12th with Preston above us. In fact I can't see any other outcome.

Edited by OldEwoodBlue
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Indeed. I guarantee his solution on Tuesday won’t be a change of formation or anything sensible like that - it will be to mix up 1 or 2 of the front 3 again. At least one, but probably both of Giles and Dolan will be back in before we witness yet another 0 on the Rovers score chart.

Rinse and repeat for Reading away.

i think he`ll go in full panic mode with a formation and team shape that only he can come up with,possibly a back four,five in midfield with a single striker,4/5/1,he`ll figure that gaining a point is better losing again

1 hour ago, JWU-Andy said:

since January 1st 2022 (league only)

P 13
W 3
D 4
L 7
F 3
A 9
Pts 13 from a possible 39 and on a pro-rata basis 46 points over the season - nailed on relegation

that, for me at least, over the course of a slightly more than a quarter of a season isn't twists and turns.  It's the sort of nosedive we've become accustomed to over the past few seasons... the best outcome for the manager, clubs and fans alike is not to offer him a new contract in the summer.

For me personally, if we're not to blow what is/was our best shot at promotion since we got relegated 10 years ago, he needs to go now.  A fresh voice, new ideas, actually playing players in their best position, a bit of charisma, a plan B could still get us into sixth.  Under the current manager, we'll be lucky to get top 10!

Even more incredible is the pro rata of goals scored. That looks to be just under 12 to me.

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Well we have to agree to disagree on this 

I'm fully aware of the stats in recent games and weeks. 

Like I said they would been plenty of twists and turns before the season ends. Did anyone not think Sheffield United would win yesterday but they didn't and they seem to have players out at the minute if you look at yesterday squad that was named by them. Boro drew with Millwall. Forest are scoring goals but not in the playoffs places yet and will their FA cup run get in way. 

Luton and QPR are playing right now

Fully aware of the stats but completely ignoring them? The manager is the reason we have only scored 3 goals and won only 3 games.

We are in abysmal form and this isn't the first time either. It's always been the same under Mowbray, this season is no different. We won't finish the season in the playoffs.

Twists and turns but not for us, we'll continue our fall until we are out of the playoffs and once we're out, we won't be getting back in. 

Yep they are, QPR won, dropping us to 5th and 4 teams below us ready to capitalise on our woeful run and overtake us.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Top sides all pushing for the play offs are top of the form....except us going the other way.

I can see us finishing 12th with Preston above us. In fact I can't see any other outcome.

Not very long back PNE were 17 points behind us☹️

3 hours ago, davulsukur said:

Fully aware of the stats but completely ignoring them? The manager is the reason we have only scored 3 goals and won only 3 games.

We are in abysmal form and this isn't the first time either. It's always been the same under Mowbray, this season is no different. We won't finish the season in the playoffs.

Twists and turns but not for us, we'll continue our fall until we are out of the playoffs and once we're out, we won't be getting back in. 

Yep they are, QPR won, dropping us to 5th and 4 teams below us ready to capitalise on our woeful run and overtake us.

Ignoring them? they are facts but the manager isn't the person who is on pitch, its the players who have these chances to sore and haven't taken them. You can only so far and so much keep blaming Mowbray. 

Well lets see what happen for the rest of the season and I think we will make the playoffs. 

Well we have to win the next game and rest will take care of itself. 

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Ignoring them? they are facts but the manager isn't the person who is on pitch, its the players who have these chances to sore and haven't taken them. You can only so far and so much keep blaming Mowbray. 

Oh dear

Some basic misunderstanding of how football works

At a normal club

• Like 4

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Well lets see what happen for the rest of the season and I think we will make the playoffs. 

Well we have to win the next game and rest will take care of itself. 

I do think that some of the criticism of Mowbray generally is too much, he isnt useless, many of his derided tactics have worked for much of this season and there is a lack of willingness to acknowledge that we are for now in the play offs. Talk of sacking him right now is crazy.

But to remove any responsibility by suggesting that he isnt on the pitch is bollocks, it totally removes any importance in the manager. Mowbray was worthy of praise when we was winning, equally it was the players on the pitch and not him, surely?

• Like 2

Hes had heaps of praise this season from plenty who wanted him gone, me included. Win together, lose together and that includes him on both counts.

The one thing that always losses him respect is his ability to totally absolve himself of any responsibility when things are going south.

Players are missing chances, not his fault obviously. Players continue to be played in positions that don't really appear to get the best out of them, that's down to him.

As is the Jan recruitment and lack of a central striker in the entire club.

There is still hope however as when we win under him we tend to go on a little run so this latest death slide will end. Just hope it's soon and two or three wins follow.

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

But to remove any responsibility by suggesting that he isnt on the pitch is bollocks, it totally removes any importance in the manager. Mowbray was worthy of praise when we was winning, equally it was the players on the pitch and not him, surely?

Yet again you have misread my comments and nowhere did I remove all responsibility from Mowbray but my point was the players have to take some responsibility for missing these chances and Mowbray will take the rest. 

6 hours ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Here is the only table that matters, after our recent run of form its looking tremendous I’d say to still be in touch.

6E8E98D9-0E85-42F3-8639-03A5456DB1F8.png

Edited by Gav
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

That's because we aren't pushing for the playoffs and we never were.

I am not looking forward to next season. The dingles will absolutely demolish us. It's going to be beyond humiliating. 

• Like 1