BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

2 hours ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Not far off the Goodwillie/Rooney and other comparisons that the evil snake used to make.

Y'know I honestly think if you did a blind quote test Kean or TM to a new fan they would struggle to do it. It really is that bad. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Wheelton Blue said:

It's his arrogance which gets me.

He thinks he knows better than other managers, and in the case of Giles, premier league managers. 

It gets me as well. Fwiw if you have to justify it in the local paper it probably isn't the smartest move you could make... 

• Like 1

Mowbray really goes out of his way to take the most contrarian position possible, for what gain I don't know. 

We can's score for love or money, our main strikers and attackers are injured.....but he has no regrets over not buying more strikers? Would not change that at all? Can hardly even dignify that with a response...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Butty said:

Davis brings a lot more to a team than goals. Did you see him at Ewood? It was probably the most impressed I’ve been with an opposition players performance this season, he bullied our defence and they couldn’t get near him. Sheff United fans said the same about him after they played Forest the other day. Davis is a beast and will be a force at this level for sure. Great player. 

Of course I was at the game at Ewood but why wouldn't I be there tho? 

Great player is massive over stating him as a player. Good target man but given How we play wouldn't be suited for us. 

@JHRovermentioned Connelly and Balogun who have not had a massive goalscoring impact there. 1 goal in 10 appearances each. is that something to be jumping around at?

8 hours ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Did you know he can cut back, and whack it on his left peg in the top corner?

More waffle here: https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/19984841.blackburn-rovers-no-january-transfer-window-regrets-tony-mowbray/

Its no surprise he has no regrets over the January transfer window 

27 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Its no surprise he has no regrets over the January transfer window 

Zero of his January signings have made an impact and we can’t hit a barn door, Chaddy. If he doesn’t have regrets then he’s an idiot.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 9

8 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Of course I was at the game at Ewood but why wouldn't I be there tho? 

Great player is massive over stating him as a player. Good target man but given How we play wouldn't be suited for us. 

@JHRovermentioned Connelly and Balogun who have not had a massive goalscoring impact there. 1 goal in 10 appearances each. is that something to be jumping around at?

Eh? I never questioned whether or not you’d be at the game, I know you’re a season ticket holder Chaddy I was just emphasising how impressive he was for Forest and questioning why you were looking down on his ability. He’s not just a “good target man” he’s great with the ball at his feet and can also do the physical stuff. Top player and a great loan deal for Forest. Connelly and Balogun I’m not bothered about, Connelly always looked average for Brighton I’m not surprised he’s not pulled any trees up in the championship.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Butty said:

Eh? I never questioned whether or not you’d be at the game, I know you’re a season ticket holder Chaddy

My apologies 

1 hour ago, Butty said:

was just emphasising how impressive he was for Forest and questioning why you were looking down on his ability. He’s not just a “good target man” he’s great with the ball at his feet and can also do the physical stuff. Top player and a great loan deal for Forest.

Fair enough 

1 hour ago, Butty said:

Connelly and Balogun I’m not bothered about, Connelly always looked average for Brighton I’m not surprised he’s not pulled any trees up in the championship.

That's the 2 players that JHrover mentioned in his post replying to myself. 

4 hours ago, Butty said:

Eh? I never questioned whether or not you’d be at the game, I know you’re a season ticket holder Chaddy I was just emphasising how impressive he was for Forest and questioning why you were looking down on his ability. He’s not just a “good target man” he’s great with the ball at his feet and can also do the physical stuff. Top player and a great loan deal for Forest. Connelly and Balogun I’m not bothered about, Connelly always looked average for Brighton I’m not surprised he’s not pulled any trees up in the championship.

Davis is fast too and as you say great ball control.

Any team playing any system can use speed and ball control.

Those who say he could not fit in at Rovers know the square root of feck all about how football is played.

• Like 2

I was talking to my friend whose son is the Forest manager and he sees all their games. We both agreed that had we had Davies in our team we would still be second. Mowbrays stubbornness is going to cost us. Even somebody like Cole Stockton from Morecambe would have done a job. He has 20+ goals in a struggling team in a league below us.

• Like 8

It's time now. Sad to say it but the dressing room needs a new voice. We still have a chance of the playoffs but it's clear that won't happen as things stand. His contract ends in the summer so it's not a huge financial issue, the players heads are down so we don't risk knocking their confidence, I don't think there's a downside.

I've had my fill of Tony Mowbray now. His dealings in January were amateurish at best, and as a result him scrabbling round spinning his tombola to try and make things happen are equally that of a man completely out of his depth.`

We're getting beat by poor teams because he had a bonkers idea that we could play without goalscorers.

• Like 5

42 minutes ago, ElTwis said:

It's time now. Sad to say it but the dressing room needs a new voice. We still have a chance of the playoffs but it's clear that won't happen as things stand. His contract ends in the summer so it's not a huge financial issue, the players heads are down so we don't risk knocking their confidence, I don't think there's a downside.

You can dream but it's not going to happen. In fact he'll get a new contract at the end of the season

If the owners let him get away with last seasons death spiral, then they sure as hell will let him get away with this one too.

I can see us breaking more records with this goal scoring drought. I’m expecting none again on Tuesday and wonder if anyone can be bothered checking, if one goal in ten matches is a football league record. It’s hard to believe that the gutless decision makers at the club, sit back and do nothing about it.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, lraC said:

If the owners let him get away with last seasons death spiral, then they sure as hell will let him get away with this one too.

I can see us breaking more records with this goal scoring drought. I’m expecting none again on Tuesday and wonder if anyone can be bothered checking, if one goal in ten matches is a football league record. It’s hard to believe that the gutless decision makers at the club, sit back and do nothing about it.

The question now is, can the players get into the play offs despite Mowbray's influence? Despite two and a half months of Mowbray madness we are still fourth.

Sadly if they do I'll find it difficult to give Mowbray's contribution any credence because he appears to have actively sabotaged the second half of the season.

• Like 1