BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

12 minutes ago, Cherry Blue said:

That sounds like he's happy because those players, although useless right now will score goals in the future. So that's our striking options going forward. Someone might want to tell TM Poveda isn't our player.

So next season our attacking options will be Dack (midfielder), Hedges (winger), Markanday (winger), Dolan (winger), Gallagher (wanker).

• Like 6

I would sack Mowbray tonight.

Appoint Neil Warnock on a short term contract until the end of the season with a £1million bonus should he get us promoted.  I think the rest of the play-off contenders would sh1t themselves.

• Like 5

I think we all know how this season plays out if we’re being honest with ourselves.

The death spiral will continue for a little while longer before we turn things around 180 and go on a mini winning run to end the season, only for it to be too little too late, with us narrowly missing out on the play-offs. Mowbray and the social media crew will cite BBD’s injury - and return - for our downturn and then upturn in form, and be ecstatic with how we ‘finished the season so strongly’. New deal for Mowbray in the summer, on we roll.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

I think we all know how this season plays out if we’re being honest with ourselves.

The death spiral will continue for a little while longer before we turn things around 180 and go on a mini winning run to end the season, only for it to be too little too late, with us narrowly missing out on the play-offs. Mowbray and the social media crew will cite BBD’s injury - and return - for our downturn and then upturn in form, and be ecstatic with how we ‘finished the season so strongly’. New deal for Mowbray in the summer, on we roll.

Yep. If this run continues until May then even his most loyal fans will be having to question him. It won't. We will get the usual upturn in form once the pressure and expectation is off in late April but by then we'll have no chance of overtaking Forest, Hudds, Mboro, Sheff Utd or Luton.

He's blown it. If I had an ounce of belief that he accepted his errors, or would learn from them, then I might support him having another season to go one better. But this bloke has spent the last 10-12 years doing this which is why he's never got above the middle of the Championship.

He thinks he is Pep Guardiola but he's a very average manager who can't change and won't learn.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

The world has gone mad if people serious think sacking Mowbray now is the right thing to do given we are promotion race which most on here never thought would happen. The 2 reasons for that our chance of promotion is down to Mowbray and the players

The world has gone mad, I don't know if you've seen the news recently.

Mowbray has been mad for some time.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, booth said:

That sounds like he's happy because those players, although useless right now will score goals in the future. So that's our striking options going forward. Someone might want to tell TM Poveda isn't our player.

So next season our attacking options will be Dack (midfielder), Hedges (winger), Markanday (winger), Dolan (winger), Gallagher (wanker).

Will Hedges still be at Rovers  ?

Very odd transfer that one is....

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

The world has gone mad if people serious think sacking Mowbray now is the right thing to do given we are promotion race which most on here never thought would happen. The 2 reasons for that our chance of promotion is down to Mowbray and the players

No it's down to a weak ass league.  Brereton's sudden form. And some luck

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, roverandout said:

No it's down to a weak ass league.  Brereton's sudden form. And some luck

100% correct and the first one is why we are still 4th even thought we have been in relegation almost all of 2022.

The busted flush we found on the scrapheap is loved by some though, which is one of life's mysteries.

• Like 2