BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

From Mowbray, about Buckley:

“Everyone had the option of doing five minutes training (on Thursday) and then coming in to rest, relax and get ready for the next match, but he was out there for over an hour, practicing finishing and he wasn’t told to do that."

Wait what? What do you mean they had the option of doing five minutes of training then resting?!? What the fuck does that achieve?

And of course he wants to practice finishing, he's been abysmal at it lately.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

The world has gone mad if people serious think sacking Mowbray now is the right thing to do given we are promotion race which most on here never thought would happen. The 2 reasons for that our chance of promotion is down to Mowbray and the players

He is also the reason we won't make the playoffs, which can be seen as nothing but an abject failure from the position we were in.

If you think differently, I'm happy to have a wager with you. A tenner to the winner's charity of choice. I'm betting we won't get in the playoffs if you're willing to bet we will.

If you don't think we will, from the lead we had at the start of the year, surely you must think that's unacceptable? The club don't owe Mowbray, they owe the fans, and what they owe is getting us back to where we were before they relegated and humiliated us for a decade.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Is Darren Mowbray Tony’s son and hedges agent ?

I think you'll find he's Tony's brother and Head of Recruitment at Aberdeen!  Worked in recruitment for M'boro when Tony manager there.

You couldn't make it up!

• Like 4

The Hedges saga had always looked odd it looks even odder now.

Was it a case of get him in and on a contract asap in case we get potted in summer ?

Why make such a fuss of signing a player you then don't want to play ?   Similar to resigning the boro winger then freezing him out this looks. What's the betting he ends up loaned out next season.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

The world has gone mad if people serious think sacking Mowbray now is the right thing to do given we are promotion race which most on here never thought would happen. The 2 reasons for that our chance of promotion is down to Mowbray and the players

He's appalling,  1 goal in 7 games, last season's appalling death spiral. Season after season of abject shite and you defend this clown????? You should be ashamed of yourself, we will never advance as long as this piss taker is in charge. He likes his snout in the trough and couldn't give a fuck about anything else. An absolute waste of space

• Like 6

3 hours ago, bluebruce said:

“Everyone had the option of doing five minutes training (on Thursday) and then coming in to rest, relax and get ready for the next match, but he was out there for over an hour, practicing finishing and he wasn’t told to do that."

Wait what? What do you mean they had the option of doing five minutes of training then resting?!? What the fuck does that achieve?

I’ve been practicing platting sawdust and I still can’t do that either.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, blue_n_white99 said:

He's appalling,  1 goal in 7 games, last season's appalling death spiral. Season after season of abject shite and you defend this clown????? You should be ashamed of yourself, we will never advance as long as this piss taker is in charge. He likes his snout in the trough and couldn't give a fuck about anything else. An absolute waste of space

Afraid I've got bad news...it's actually 1 goal in 9 games.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, bluebruce said:

“Everyone had the option of doing five minutes training (on Thursday) and then coming in to rest, relax and get ready for the next match, but he was out there for over an hour, practicing finishing and he wasn’t told to do that.".

I think the big take here is that Mogadon never told Bucko to practise his finishing.....🤷‍♂️

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Darwen Rover 007 said:

I actually think we will start playing well as we slip out of the top 6 and have nothing left to play for..  

It's 99% guaranteed that this will happen.

It's just the same season pattern repeated with an average start, followed by a good run, then an absolutely abysmal run of form, finally ending with another good spell when anything worth playing for is out of reach.

This season is no different and we'll end up sat in midtable by the end of it.

If Venkys aren't actively looking for a new manager for the summer, I'll be fuming (so, I'll be fuming). They are obviously just sat around waiting to have Mowbray and Waggot to fly out and grovel before they do anything.

• Like 2

The most worrying decision for me at the moment is the signing of Hedges on the cusp of a historic promotion push, only for him to apparently not be ready. Mowbray deserves credit for signings like Khadra and Van Hecke but this one was crucial and at the moment, it looks a missed opportunity to bring someone in to make an immediate impact.

Having said that, even if we had signed the next Armstrong (or Markanday had stayed fit), I'm not convinced about the team as a whole. After all, even with a firing Armstrong, we finished lower mid-table in 15th, last year.

Edited by riverholmes

11 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

It's madness to keep him! 

3 goals in 13 games, just 3 this calendar year, it's March FFS!

Just 3 wins this calendar year.

21st in the form table, that's relegation form btw.

In the promotion race? We are literally just sat waiting for Sheff Utd, Luton, QPR, Boro, Forest to all overtake us, which they can all do with their games in hand on us.

We are hurtling towards midtable, keeping Mowbray won't arrest that slide.

His January business was really poor and that is another contributing factor.

Let's not even chuck In the fact that if we concede a goal first, the team is so mentally weak that they can't overturn it. Or the whole Gallagher on the wing nonsense, or the strange treatment of Nyambe (the the RB position in general tbh) etc, etc.

• Like 7

10 hours ago, bluebruce said:

What exactly does practicing finishing mean ? Shooting in at an empty goal or a goal with a keeper in ? It’s not a real match experience. They need to be practicing in short scale games.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, davulsukur said:

It's madness to keep him! 

Well we have to agree to disagree on this 

3 goals in 13 games, just 3 this calendar year, it's March FFS!

Just 3 wins this calendar year.

21st in the form table, that's relegation form btw.

I'm fully aware of the stats in recent games and weeks. 

In the promotion race? We are literally just sat waiting for Sheff Utd, Luton, QPR, Boro, Forest to all overtake us, which they can all do with their games in hand on us.

Like I said they would been plenty of twists and turns before the season ends. Did anyone not think Sheffield United would win yesterday but they didn't and they seem to have players out at the minute if you look at yesterday squad that was named by them. Boro drew with Millwall. Forest are scoring goals but not in the playoffs places yet and will their FA cup run get in way. 

Luton and QPR are playing right now

I didn't expect Sheff Utd to win because their away form is dodgy and Coventry are strong at home usually. I expect we will discover that when we go there. Also masters at comebacks and late goals as we found out at Ewood earlier this season.

But we really need to stop drawing comparisons to the sides around us because whilst from time to time there will be hammerings - Sheff Utd getting a battering yesterday - Middlesbrough getting a battering last week by Sheff Utd - their form over the last few months is good and solid - they score goals. 

The myth that an FA Cup run is detrimental is being demolished once again by Forest and Huddersfield rapidly climbing the division despite both being in the Cup until this week. So much for "f*ck the Cup, we're going up" nonsense being sung at Wigan at the start of this horror run (Wigan another lot who have managed to balance two cup runs with automatic promotion push in the league below).

Forest have had ground to make up from their abysmal start to the season when they were marooned at the bottom. We should be embarrassed to be talking about falling below them given the gap and lead we had established. 

It is completely unacceptable form overseen by a manager with a track record for this sort of rubbish.

It falls into two categories.

First he is a poor in match manager - results prove that - he is unable to turn a game around so if we concede first we are almost certain to lose. If we are desperate for a goal he will make all sorts of strange decisions like he is playing football manager on his laptop whilst neglecting the other end of the pitch - see Bristol City and Sheff Utd recently. An extra 2 points from those - the minimum we should have had - could be crucial yet lost through incompetence. 

Secondly his transfer business in January was diabolical, and the more i think about it potentially dodgy too.

When it comes to determining his future these two things have to be looked at, because those two things aren't going to change with him. He's too set in his ways and too stubborn to even admit he's made a mess of it, let alone able to learn from it and improve.

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Like I said they would been plenty of twists and turns before the season ends.

since January 1st 2022 (league only)

P 13
W 3
D 4
L 7
F 3
A 9
Pts 13 from a possible 39 and on a pro-rata basis 46 points over the season - nailed on relegation

that, for me at least, over the course of a slightly more than a quarter of a season isn't twists and turns.  It's the sort of nosedive we've become accustomed to over the past few seasons... the best outcome for the manager, clubs and fans alike is not to offer him a new contract in the summer.

For me personally, if we're not to blow what is/was our best shot at promotion since we got relegated 10 years ago, he needs to go now.  A fresh voice, new ideas, actually playing players in their best position, a bit of charisma, a plan B could still get us into sixth.  Under the current manager, we'll be lucky to get top 10!

• Like 7