BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

BRFCS TV - Nostalgia Thread

34 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

We had a great record at St. James' Park. We won five on the spin there from 2006-11.

This one was particularly sweet. Can't beat a 90th minute winner:

we got proper mullered by newcastle that day  in all honestly,they just could`nt score,this being a keegan side they threw everthing at us,explains the massive gap they left for derbyshire,we went proper mental when he put it in the net🤣

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

image.png.161f120af5dc0adbdf8a10516e7b158a.png

image.png.1fa8c7f95414b4366af29dbedbaf52ec.png

image.png.3b322585fd39bca3b9765b7026d68e6b.png

This young fella died a few days ago. Once scored the winner against Burnley. Legend!

Any of the posters remember him? My dad does.

Yeah I remember Barry. One of team that won the Youth Cup along with Fred Pickering, Keith Newton, Mike England etc. He could play off either wing and he was pretty quick. He held his place for a while but once we’d signed the two Mikes ( Ferguson and Harrison ) he was out of the frame. He wasn’t the biggest lad and full backs were ruthless then. I think his last first team game was against Fulham at Ewood. He was playing on the right wing against an old lag called Jim Langley. He’d given Langley a bit of a chasing so Langley decided to quieten him with a flying two footed tackle that landed about half way up his legs. A shocking tackle but only a booking then. Instant red today. It was right in front of me. After that Barry went into his shell for the rest of the game and never got another chance at Rovers.

We sold him to Scunthorpe I think. After that he rocked up at my home town team Rochdale. He was in and out of the team until the night they played Altrincham in the FA Cup. The Dale played like drains and Altrincham won in a canter.  Jack Swindells ex Rovers and a prolific non league striker ran them ragged. Nobody played well but Barry was among three Dale players who were scapegoated and never played for the club again.

A sad end to a career that started so brightly. Thanks for the memories Barry.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

image.png.161f120af5dc0adbdf8a10516e7b158a.png

image.png.1fa8c7f95414b4366af29dbedbaf52ec.png

image.png.3b322585fd39bca3b9765b7026d68e6b.png

This young fella died a few days ago. Once scored the winner against Burnley. Legend!

Any of the posters remember him? My dad does.

I saw him playing for the first team 1962 I think it was. Played left wing that day. 

A different link. His son confirming his passing.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/182176072408848/permalink/1277113532915091/

Edited by den
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Upside Down said:

Was this the last time we actually won a game in the dying minutes? 

Swansea at Ewood last season was 89th minute.

Before that, we did it twice in the "Covid era". 90+1 against Milwall at Ewood and 90+8 against Rotherham at Ewood to win both games 2-1.

Last time we won a game in injury time with fans present - 02.11.2019 against Sheffield Wednesday, a 90+1 minute winner to win 2-1.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MarkBRFC said:

Swansea at Ewood last season was 89th minute.

Before that, we did it twice in the "Covid era". 90+1 against Milwall at Ewood and 90+8 against Rotherham at Ewood to win both games 2-1.

Last time we won a game in injury time with fans present - 02.11.2019 against Sheffield Wednesday, a 90+1 minute winner to win 2-1.

Speaks volumes regarding the mentality at the club.

• Like 4

On 26/05/2023 at 06:38, Upside Down said:

Was this the last time we actually won a game in the dying minutes? 

It certainly feels that way, but we've had a few thinly spread out over recent seasons, as Mark's post suggests.

If any of us were to check, I'm almost certain that we have conceded more 90th minute goals than we have scored them, since these owners have been here.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, SuperBrfc said:

Look at the desire and will to win from this Rovers side. Reidy and Barry Ferguson thundering in to challenges. Some tidy football on display. The atmosphere. Liverpool on the ropes.

When football and Ewood felt alive.

For those who ask where we'd be without Venkys, just watch this video for your answer. The mighty Liverpool F.C lucky to come away frem Ewood with a point.

If we'd have had just 10% of the determination shown in this game, this year, we'd have absolutely pissed it into second place.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Upside Down said:

For those who ask where we'd be without Venkys, just watch this video for your answer. The mighty Liverpool F.C lucky to come away frem Ewood with a point.

If we'd have had just 10% of the determination shown in this game, this year, we'd have absolutely pissed it into second place.

That’s what depresses me most about the current set up. No passion, no real will to win, no busting a gut to win the ball etc. Just going through the motions. The only time we step it up is when it’s a no pressure “ free hit “ game like the West Ham and Leicester cup ties.

• Like 3