BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

BRFCS TV - Nostalgia Thread

18 hours ago, broadsword said:

Think he does hospitality for the club. At least he did.

I'm glad Derek is in good health

My son was born in Oxford so supports OUFC, with BRFC his second team

So I saw Derek many times pre Covid as number 2 at Oxford, he is still there in a supportive capacity but no longer on the bench

Glen Keeley I sat next to on a flight back from Japan a few years ago, he does some coaching of under privileged kids.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, berkshireblue said:

To be fair, I did not run on, after the pitch invasion had happened I merely walked on , had a photo and departed. However you are inaccurate, the team came back out and they celebrated in front of the supporters, perhaps you left early and missed that.

As much as I deplore pitch invasions, after Steve Kean, 2 relegations and Venky ownership, an impromptu outpouring of emotions can be forgiven. Its called life and happiness

Nope I didn't leave early though it would have been earlier if the morons had stayed off the pitch.

I wouldn't suggest that your actions ruined anything.

It's called illegal for a number of reasons and is selfish. Our Dingles, as they often do, sat where they wanted and abused those that wanted to sit in their allocated seats.

Their actions meant that families and even an aged couple were separated for the duration of the match. It also means that those behind them who were unable to stand throughout missed much of the match.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Absolutely! IIRC Newell missed another, can't remember much about that one though.

I just remember being petrified at the end they were going to equalise. I think we were hanging on.

after half time leicester gave us one massive ariel bombardment,they were booting it up the massively lanky  ian ormandroyd and trying to play off his knock downs,hendry and moran were absolutely rock solid,after they tired we hit them on the break and their keeper brought down super atko,only for newell to miss the bloody penalty,it did`nt matter,we triumphed in the end after a nerve gangling day,was a lovely sight seeing coach loads of leicester fans competely demoralised on the way home🤣

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

I just remember being petrified at the end they were going to equalise. I think we were hanging on.

Same here. I vowed then that I would never watch a play off final that involved us. I was only 43 then so I know that 30 years later, my heart wouldn’t stand it, especially in the heat of that day. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ianrally said:

Same here. I vowed then that I would never watch a play off final that involved us. I was only 43 then so I know that 30 years later, my heart wouldn’t stand it, especially in the heat of that day. 

Haha, I was at the point were the alcohol was wearing off when we were hanging on..me and my mate got off the train and then got a take out from an offy and got hammered in the grounds of the Uni near Euston. Don't think I had a drink in the ground so it was all getting a bit real towards the end of the match. It helped we were sat behind the goal that was about a mile from the pitch! 🙂 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

Brilliant short term impact from this man back in the day. I remember thinking "Jon who?" when we signed him, but he didn't half score some vital goals for us during those first few months to keep us up.

The header against Everton was a cracker. The lad kept us up no doubt about that. It would have been great if we’d have signed the equivalent last January.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, JohnD said:

They were asked not to enter the playing area, if they hadn't the team would have celebrated in front of all away supporters. Because they did and refused to leave the pitch for a considerable time the majority of fans were denied the experience.

Many, the majority, cannot get onto the pitch or wouldn't want to and preferred to allow all to enjoy the celebrations, sadly our morons and Dingles prevented it, well done you.

What a load of rubbish, I’ve never heard our fans called dingles, where has the crap come from?

The fans invaded the pitch in celebration of promotion, fantastic scenes, similar to 75, similar to mid 80’s, but the pitch cleared and the players came to the fans to celebrate, you should have stuck around, if you went at all….

Edited by Gav
  • Like 2

I've still got my ticket stub from the play off final. I remember that missed penalty, someone took out super, I remember him giving Newell the thumbs up. Certainly the last ten minutes was something akin to the Alamo for rovers. I can remember it now.

It was an unbelievable day. I think the overriding thought is that I fell so old now. What happened? Not brass farthing in my pocket, but so much energy and not a care in the world.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, broadsword said:

I've still got my ticket stub from the play off final. I remember that missed penalty, someone took out super, I remember him giving Newell the thumbs up. Certainly the last ten minutes was something akin to the Alamo for rovers. I can remember it now.

It was an unbelievable day. I think the overriding thought is that I fell so old now. What happened? Not brass farthing in my pocket, but so much energy and not a care in the world.

I never felt at any point like we’d lose that game, which is strange, as I’d been to all the playoff games previous to that where we’d been well beaten. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SuperBrfc said:

It was always a delight to send that lot and their fans packing. On this day 19 years ago:

Neil Yardley’s been doing the commentary a good while now - sounds about 16 in that clip though…

• Like 1