BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

BRFCS TV - Nostalgia Thread

1 hour ago, Nuttall is lost said:

This nostalgia thread isn't what it used to be.

Asked before but there does not appear to be a single photo of the interior of the John Lewis complex in the old stand.

Can still remember McEwans on tap there and the view looking out onto the pitch.

That is probably because we never went in the post seats! 

On 15/03/2023 at 17:44, Gav said:

Where did you used to stand on the old ground den?

I started off on Riverside then moved into Bburn End, but I did like being on Darwen End for a period in the late 80's when gates went up and away teams got the Darwen End enclosure. 

Started nuttall  street stand with Grandad 1975 then riverside stand with uncle 1978  then riverside terrace until it closed then went into the enclosure

had season tickets in JW upper for a few years 

riverside terrace the favourite 

Edited by berkshireblue
  • Like 1

Fantastic memories of the Blackburn End like that.

Always looked at it from the Nuttall Street thinking it looked incredible as a kid to be in there but my mum wouldn't let me go in there as I was "too young" haha.

Eventually made it in there after it was all rebuilt via a season in the Riverside.

1 minute ago, JohnD said:

I recall Rovers fans always standing on the Darwen end and being pissed off when we were moved to the Blackburn end, when was that?

I used to stand where ever I felt like back then. I suppose until they built the cantilever stand at the Blackburn End ( my first season ) only the Darwen End was covered.

4 hours ago, den said:

What a classy player Mike Newell was. Him and David Speedie! 

Myself and the Mrs met him in a Chinese restaurant in Sheffield, he was dining with Emlyn Hughes and Emlyn's mum.

When they got up to leave we called Mike over and expressed our gratitude for his service, Emlyn came over, nose out of joint because we didn't call him over, stood for a few seconds turned around and shouted to his mum:

"Just some Blackburn fans mum, ignore them"

I never did get what he meant by that, but Mike was brilliant and wanted to chat more.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I thought the cantilever roof was at the Blackburn End !

I read the post the same as you, then I thought about it, and realised that John D meant, that 50 away supporters under the roofed Blackburn end, could make more noise than 500 away supporters in an unroofed Blackburn end. At that time the Blackburn end was the away end.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, rigger said:

I read the post the same as you, then I thought about it, and realised that John D meant, that 50 away supporters under the roofed Blackburn end, could make more noise than 500 away supporters in an unroofed Blackburn end. At that time the Blackburn end was the away end.  

His definition of a “ cantilever roof “ and mine must be a bit different.

Sorry, my bad.

The home fans used the Darwen end when I first started going on my own. Perhaps they were building the "new* Blackburn end in the mid/late 60s?

When we had to move into the BE we were often out sung by just a few away fans in the DE.

1 hour ago, JohnD said:

Sorry, my bad.

The home fans used the Darwen end when I first started going on my own. Perhaps they were building the "new* Blackburn end in the mid/late 60s?

When we had to move into the BE we were often out sung by just a few away fans in the DE.

Yes, I mentioned that I went on the Darwen end. That’s where the home fans stood. Pre 1960 the BBE wasn’t covered and I’m sure that’s why they gathered there.

• Like 1