BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

BRFCS TV - Nostalgia Thread

3 hours ago, broadsword said:

Them old school trackies, I'm in love. BRFCS should get a run done. And the shirt as well, magic.

They'd have to do xxxl for me Bryan 🤣

Would you fit in a medium?

Edited by Gav

I've posted these before, but I know we have one or two new members of this vintage, some great memories here I'm sure.

1974-75 Season under Gordon Lee.

IMG_0081.thumb.jpg.b09c75719890a26f4a5f6301a5a368e2.jpgIMG_0082.thumb.jpg.90c526e95c4ef345c46cb6b98821822f.jpgIMG_0083.thumb.jpg.95be4dde7d5a2fe5cacc0cc08770aea8.jpgIMG_0084.thumb.jpg.23e2372031542c2f406e2d5fadeebfad.jpgIMG_0085.thumb.jpg.7160ef1afae79634eeb3d82dfbd72fbb.jpgIMG_0080.thumb.jpg.c47b60197c751024a7941c1919c079dd.jpg

Edited by Gav
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, SuperBrfc said:

Almost 24 years on, but it still feels as infuriating and as baffling as it felt back then.

What the heck was the referee looking at

We were sat right in front of that assault.

Abysmal decision, blood pressure just gone up, nice one SuperBrfc 😂

• Like 1

A few of our memorable wins from the not so distant past.

I'll post them separately to make for easier viewing:

The first, what a way to seal European Football on the last day of the season. Duffer, absolutely unplayable that day. Superb. Spurs fans whinging like mad (nothing changes there) as Rovers embarrass them on their own patch.

Finally, one of my favourites. I don't think I have ever been as edge when listening to a game on the radio as I was this afternoon. Our goal was absolutely peppered for the last 30 minutes. Wave after wave of Arsenal attack. It was heroic defending and a world class display from Friedel that day which saw us bring home the 3 points.

Edited by SuperBrfc

1 minute ago, SuperBrfc said:

Finally, one of my favourites. I don't think I have ever been as edge when listening to a game on the radio as I was this afternoon. Our goal was absolutely peppered for the last 30 minutes. Wave after wave of Arsenal attack. It was heroic defending and a world class display from Friedel that day which saw us bring home the 3 points.

Watched it on a ‘dodgy Norwegian’ channel in The Sportsman’s at Four Lane Ends (RIP).

Absolutely packed it was, real novelty to watch a 3pm away game on TV in those pre firestick days!

12 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Watched it on a ‘dodgy Norwegian’ channel in The Sportsman’s at Four Lane Ends (RIP).

Absolutely packed it was, real novelty to watch a 3pm away game on TV in those pre firestick days!

I spent my formative years in the snooker room of the Sportsman, where I knew Uddersfieldblue, late 70s. John Bailey made the odd appearance there.

Edited by rigger
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

It certainly would have been. It was around about that period that the 'dodgy box' started popping up and I was being told how I could watch certain Rovers games at the local snooker club, with the only downside being they would be in foreign commentary. I saw one or two midweek games, but never a Saturday afternoon one. I was too keen a Radio Lancs listener back then, when it came to our away games, to be fussed about being able to watch a foreign channel. The two Richards, Dinnis in particular, were excellent on commentary duty. Then Andy Bayes coming in to replace the first Richard made the commentaries even better.

Also, that common phenomenon would also rear its head back then, as it still does today. Snooker club packed full of people watching the football and you can count the number of Rovers fans on one hand. In Blackburn! The rest, either United or Liverpool, with a few Arsenal dotted about here and there. Some things never change.

• Like 1

Some nice words here from Dwight Yorke on JDT and Rovers' promotion chances. Not complimentary about Souness as a manager, but that's no surprise seeing as they fell out with one another. It feels like the closer we get to the business end, the more eyes there are on Rovers, with some of our former players hoping we can see it through. It hasn't been this exciting for a long time. Even if we don't pull it off, credit to JDT for having us in the race. I seriously thought we would be closer towards the drop zone, back in the summer, when I saw how the squad looked on paper.

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/football-news/blackburn-dwight-yorke-graeme-souness-26629123

• Like 2

In this age of VAR and all the uproar about what is, and what isn't, handball, it's amazing to think we won two games away at Newcastle in the 2000's via handball winners. I'm not complaining, but how we got away with it twice, I don't know 😀.

Paul Gallagher's winner in December 2003:

Then we have MGP slapping in the winner in January 2006:

5 minutes ago, den said:

I hope the guys at 4000 holes don’t mind me posting this.

A goal that none of us present would ever forget.

I was there that day. Right behind the goals at the Darwen End. I had a Birds Eye view. It’s still the best goal I’ve ever seen at Ewood Park. Even the West Brom players applauded him. I wonder how many of the 11,500 are still with us ? 

• Like 2