BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Fans Forum / Roverstore

3 hours ago, preston blue said:

Sorry but that is absolute tosh.  The Club have meaningfully engaged with us.  It is a fan led proposal the same as the ‘Fans Takeover’ for the Watford game.  The Club 100% want Safe Standing; this is consultation to find the view of the fans.  The main issues are: do the fans want it; where will it go; consultation with existing ST holders*; and paying for it.

The positive thing is that the Club are meaningfully engaging with ‘We Are The Rovers’ and the Fans Forum.  We are starting to make a difference and personally I will grab every opportunity to make Ewood a more exciting and enjoyable place to attend for all fans and our local communities.

When it comes to the shirt design consultation they have listened….watch this space when next seasons shirts are released.

* the survey was structured so we can have an idea from existing ST holders who respond whether they support Safe Standing or not.

They will go along with the charade until it comes time to actually do something physical. Then watch the excuses roll in.

Crowdfunding? Fuck off. Our owners are supposedly billionaires.

I'm not knocking safe standing, I wish it had been a thing when I was going to Ewood. IMO they should make the whole lower tier of the Blackburn End standing.

I did also fill out the survey.

I have absolutely no faith in anybody that runs anything at the club. They have proven time and time and time and time and time again to be liars.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

They will go along with the charade until it comes time to actually do something physical. Then watch the excuses roll in.

Crowdfunding? Fuck off. Our owners are supposedly billionaires.

I'm not knocking safe standing, I wish it had been a thing when I was going to Ewood. IMO they should make the whole lower tier of the Blackburn End standing.

I did also fill out the survey.

I have absolutely no faith in anybody that runs anything at the club. They have proven time and time and time and time and time again to be liars.

Sorry but I am not going to respond to the points in your rant.  

4 minutes ago, tomphil said:

It would need to be at the back centre of the BBE there is nowhere else even worth considering otherwise they'd have themselves another expensive white elephant.

One of the proposals is the back of the BBE but spanning the whole width of NO1 to NO5.  If you have any other proposal please use the open text box in the survey and it will be considered.  The working group, which includes 3 regular posters on here will see all the open text responses (of course without knowledge of of who made the comment).

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

can get on board with more things like this👍

They’re great, will definitely have to pick up the navy jumper tomorrow.

Did anyone else order from Ellgren when they announced the collaboration in September?

I have ordered a few things but still not had my order delivered. It says 6-8 weeks from October 12th, I just wondered if anyone else has had there’s yet? 😀

20 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Though not sure I’ve read this right. So an old timer without a smarphone/internet turns up to the ticket office to buy one and they are turned away?

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2023/december/14/digital-day-comes-to-ewood-for-cup-fixture-/

I swear Waggott gets a kick out of stuff like this.

It’s lucky we’re not playing a non league side. He would have the stadium closed and make the players play in the car park.

Tickets won’t be on sale, you can only get one by completing a treasure hunt around the town and finding a golden ticket.

Blackburn’s own Willy W*nker!

“We are working with the EFL and their Green Code standard to ensure we continue to make a positive impact where we can to increase our sustainability levels. This is a journey for us all and we will try to make small changes such as these where there is an opportunity to educate our staff, supporters and partners, whilst causing the least disruption possible to matchday routines”

Only selling tickets online and in a digital format is not a small change.

Edited by wilsdenrover

So they open the end but then make buying tickets impossible for walk ups and those who want to buy and give as an Xmas gift.

Digital day my arse it's just an experiment for things to come and a chance to highlight hey we don't need the BBE there was only 200 in it.

The day that prick departs cannot come soon enough although his parting shot will be to lose JDT like he lost 4 or 5 good players for nothing.

Useless ingrate wage thief.

• Like 4

So this suggests no on the day sales to walk ups. How ridiculous is this. Do they want supporters in the ground or not. Yet another own goal. There is also no indication you can ring the ticket office and collect the tickets on the day

Edited by Rogerb
Added text

I can think of a few people I know who won't be able to go to this unless they go to the trouble of asking someone else to go online and buy them a ticket and somehow get it printed off.

It is additional hassle, and a lot of people won't go through hassle for the chance to watch us play Cambridge in the cup in a 80% empty ground.

I'm amazed he's dropped the Blackburn end stunt but even rhino skin Waggott will have got the message about how pathetic that was. But in typical Waggott fashion instead of just leaving it at that and trying to sell as many tickets as possible there are more strings attached. This time putting obstacles in place that make it more difficult to buy a ticket, dressed up with nonsense about being environmentally friendly.

The club has used 2 coaches to transport players and staff to away games, imports its stock and training gear from China, gets its food and drink stock from god knows where yet seriously claims that avoiding printing a few thousand paper tickets is going to make any difference?

No this is all part of a longer term game, in much the same way as automated tills in supermarkets, aimed at transitioning people into buying online and away from the club. That way he can save a few quid by not bothering opening the ticket office or putting on staff. With a bit of luck he'll get an award for being environmentally friendly on top.

• Like 2

A shadowman flying back and forth between here and India just to so call deliver messages, a CEO charging up and down the motorway to and from whichever leafy Southern enclave he inhabits, coach everywhere instead of train occasionally.

Yeah really should be in for a 'green' award this lot.

• Like 1