BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer window 2022

4 minutes ago, dingles staying down 4ever said:

Not quite....I dont doubt Sparks' local youth knowledge but I agree he does seem to have downer on any players linked to our academy. Just like you go defensive if anyone says anything negative about Rovers.

I will defend him in that he did not rubbish Phillips just that he wasn't ready. As Phillips has little senior experience compared to Hill then Sparks is right. I also remember him saying we should sign a young centre half from Fleetwood in the past.

Souttar's injury record is a major concern as was Ayala's. No sensible person cannot be failed to be concerned but if his arrival is on an incentive driven appearance bonus and relative low salary then that cant be a bad thing. I would also allow Carter to leave on loan allowing an extra CH place.

There is too much writing off of players on BRFCS for my liking.

When it is done in such sweeping singular statements, without even any rationale - I’ll gladly point it out as a poor take. I take your point on soutar, and you even developed it with a suggestion of a way for Carter to improve, rather than simply writing him off and calling a potential signing a “crock”.

It’s the most popular unofficial “supporters” forum and website, yet you’d be hard driven to find any support for individuals at times.

Not forgetting, a Blackburn Rovers website. Not a “nobbers” one, let them wax lyrical about their own players.

I’m sure if I spent my afternoons bigging up our graduates and slagging off Burnley’s, on their website - I would’ve been binned off months ago.

2 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Yet we buy a crocked Scotsman?  I'd have Hilly instead any day., straight into the squad unlike Phillips who isn't ready 

Why do you make such final decisions and comments about players (at Rovers and elsewhere). It almost always comes back to bite you. It's always so black & white!?

3 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Why do you make such final decisions and comments about players (at Rovers and elsewhere). It almost always comes back to bite you. It's always so black & white!?

Just going off his injury record, Joe.  Personally it has alarm bells ringing.  There's a good centre half at Fleetwood with none of those injuries....England u21.

I'd rather we looked elsewhere than souttar.

Edited by Sparks Rover

1 hour ago, dingles staying down 4ever said:

Not quite....I dont doubt Sparks' local youth knowledge but I agree he does seem to have downer on any players linked to our academy. Just like you go defensive if anyone says anything negative about Rovers.

I will defend him in that he did not rubbish Phillips just that he wasn't ready. As Phillips has little senior experience compared to Hill then Sparks is right. I also remember him saying we should sign a young centre half from Fleetwood in the past.

Souttar's injury record is a major concern as was Ayala's. No sensible person cannot be failed to be concerned but if his arrival is on an incentive driven appearance bonus and relative low salary then that cant be a bad thing. I would also allow Carter to leave on loan allowing an extra CH place.

Say what!!? You don’t doubt his knowledge of local players? 🙈

Serious question, tell me ONE player who he’s backed who has been any good? Not to mention the number of very good ROVERS players he’s written off with embarrassing consequences.

I doubt his allegiance to Rovers, never mind his ability to pick a player.

Edited by Paul Mani
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Gav said:

Its not a huge challenge in my book, if you want Premiership football and the £150m+ that comes with just one season in the top league, you don't sell, if you're not really bothered and happy to just plod along in the Championship losing £20m a season then sell.

We have been told things have changed behind the scenes, we could be about to find out.

That depends how much of the money you have to spend and how well you spend it…if we’re gonna buy 4 x £5m players then is it so bad? (I don’t want to sell BBD btw)

6 hours ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

The plan to reinvest will be similar to what we did with the Armstrong cash. 

I don’t think so. Different context being within reaching distance of promotion. Plus the sale of AA and the training ground has improved our FFP position now..

6 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

I’m happy to sit back and enjoy what unfolds both on and off the pitch in January.

My feeling is that we will push to pick up Hedges and Souttar on small fees once they’ve got salary arrangements agreed. 

Then it will be a case of who blinks first with the contract negotiations. Does a PL team come in with a couple of million for Lenihan or Rothwell? If not then I can see them staying with us until the summer, whether contracts are signed or not. Do the three out of contract decide that they want to sign or can we budge a little with the money to get them to sign.

Either way, I think this John Park can be trusted to find us players. The understanding is that he was instrumental in the signings of Edun, Poveda, Khadra, JPvH and getting Maja over (only to fail his medical) so I believe he deserves some slack.

I certainly wouldn’t be writing off the likes of Souttar and Hedges as a fan.

Ultimately, I think, reading between the lines is that the club are aiming to lose no one and sign the Scottish lads, Maja on loan to perm and a central midfielder. If we achieve that, we’re on….

The HUGE challenge is if someone bids £25M+ for BBD….then we better have an amazing plan to reinvest!

Really exciting month ahead!

I am unsure how John Park has earnt your trust so easily. Khadra has been a good addition, seemingly from catching the eye in one game more than based on in-depth scouting (https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/19587182.tony-mowbray-reveals-blackburn-rovers-reda-khadra-pursuit/) as has Van Hecke, neither individually more eye catching than say Elliott and Harwood Bellis but both very useful in their own right. Edun is very much a squad player and isn't a sure fire success story at the moment, Clarkson has been miles off it yet has been missed out, I think Poveda's loan (of course massively down to circumstance) has not been particularly successful and Maja didn't even sign so he certainly cannot be used as evidence of John Park's track record as he has never played for us!

If we sell Brereton for any price in the January window, it would not be a challenge, moreso an acceptance that we are not being promoted this season. Assuming some of any windfall would be reinvested which is not a given with Venkys, the summer is the best time for that, even if we sell for less in the summer, we have to wait until then.

I think January is a threat more than an opportunity. The main priority is to not sell ANY of our first team players to ensure that we can continue with a promotion push. A couple of additions would be ideal but it seems like there is still no money forthcoming from Venkys so another striker and right wing back even on temporary deals would be sensible. The Scottish pre-contracts seem a bit strange to me not knowing the league we are in next season.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, 47er said:

I don't think anyone has written either of them off. But I'm prepared to be disappointed.

Wise way to be with anything Rovers since, oh, about 2011!

Similarly I wouldn't be assuming anything about £25M from the sale of Brereton----should it happen.

Prepared to be disappointed 🙈

23 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I am unsure how John Park has earnt your trust so easily. Khadra has been a good addition, seemingly from catching the eye in one game more than based on in-depth scouting (https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/19587182.tony-mowbray-reveals-blackburn-rovers-reda-khadra-pursuit/) as has Van Hecke, neither individually more eye catching than say Elliott and Harwood Bellis but both very useful in their own right. Edun is very much a squad player and isn't a sure fire success story at the moment, Clarkson has been miles off it yet has been missed out, I think Poveda's loan (of course massively down to circumstance) has not been particularly successful and Maja didn't even sign so he certainly cannot be used as evidence of John Park's track record as he has never played for us!

If we sell Brereton for any price in the January window, it would not be a challenge, moreso an acceptance that we are not being promoted this season. Assuming some of any windfall would be reinvested which is not a given with Venkys, the summer is the best time for that, even if we sell for less in the summer, we have to wait until then.

I think January is a threat more than an opportunity. The main priority is to not sell ANY of our first team players to ensure that we can continue with a promotion push. A couple of additions would be ideal but it seems like there is still no money forthcoming from Venkys so another striker and right wing back even on temporary deals would be sensible. The Scottish pre-contracts seem a bit strange to me not knowing the league we are in next season.

As I said, I’m happy to trust Park because my understanding is that HE chose the players I listed. All of whom are good players in my opinion. If you don’t feel the same about either Park OR the players then that’s your opinion.

The sentence I’ve highlighted is a frame of mind I’ve found to be instrumental in life….as with every threat or adversity comes equal measures of opportunity and optimism. No one could’ve seen losing 11 first team players in the summer as anything other than adverse, a threat to our place in the Championship?. But the remaining players (and manager) obviously saw it as an opportunity and look how it’s unfolded…👍🏼

Edited by Paul Mani
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Paul Mani said:

As I said, I’m happy to trust Park because my understanding is that HE chose the players I listed. All of whom are good players in my opinion. If you don’t feel the same about either Park OR the players then that’s your opinion.

The sentence I’ve highlighted is a frame of mind I’ve found to be instrumental life….as with every threat or adversity comes equal measures of opportunity and optimism. No one could’ve seen losing 11 first team players as anything other than adversity. A threat to our place in the Championship. But the remaining players and manager obviously saw it as an opportunity and look how it’s unfolded…👍🏼

My stance on John Park is very much that the jury is still out, totally neutral, far too premature to judge either way. 4 loanees signed in a difficult window, 2 have improve us, 2 didnt, plus a permanent signing who has been a squad player. Our season hasnt been driven by the summer recruitment, moreso by the management and development of what remained.

You seem regularly transfixed to make everything as simplistic as merely painting people to be positive or negative, whilst promoting yourself as the former. Its not about that. You could argue that to believe that we have a strong squad already and to be worried that players may leave (more vulnerable due to their contracts) is positive in that it suggests that we already have the key to our promotion push within the building.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

My stance on John Park is very much that the jury is still out, totally neutral, far too premature to judge either way. 4 loanees signed in a difficult window, 2 have improve us, 2 didnt, plus a permanent signing who has been a squad player. Our season hasnt been driven by the summer recruitment, moreso by the management and development of what remained.

You seem regularly transfixed to make everything as simplistic as merely painting people to be positive or negative, whilst promoting yourself as the former. Its not about that. You could argue that to believe that we have a strong squad already and to be worried that players may leave (more vulnerable due to their contracts) is positive in that it suggests that we already have the key to our promotion push within the building.

Thanks for your opinion. 👍🏼

23 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

The sentence I’ve highlighted is a frame of mind I’ve found to be instrumental in life….as with every threat or adversity comes equal measures of opportunity and optimism. No one could’ve seen losing 11 first team players in the summer as anything other than adverse, a threat to our place in the Championship?. But the remaining players (and manager) obviously saw it as an opportunity and look how it’s unfolded…👍🏼

I did say in the summer that Rovers should be targeting the top this top 6. Plus I did say that Brereton would step up and replace Armstrong's goals.

Also Mowbray has done better with younger smaller squad cos he has coach this team which suits him to where last season we had older squad so it was more about managing them and trusting them. 

Park has done a good job on finding Kharda and Van Hecke. 

Think Mowbray scouted Clarkson last season himself and Maja was Mowbray choice. 

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I did say in the summer that Rovers should be targeting the top this top 6. Plus I did say that Brereton would step up and replace Armstrong's goals.

Also Mowbray has done better with younger smaller squad cos he has coach this team which suits him to where last season we had older squad so it was more about managing them and trusting them. 

God and you can also see into the future incredible

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Eh? Come on pal, you know I love you but I’m willing to say right now that you’ve made this up!! No way did you (or anyone else on this planet) predict that Rovers were targeting the top 6 AND BBD would replace AA’s goals! 🙈🤣

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Eh? Come on pal, you know I love you but I’m willing to say right now that you’ve made this up!! No way did you (or anyone else on this planet) predict that Rovers were targeting the top 6 AND BBD would replace AA’s goals! 🙈🤣

he might have said, "the team will replace his goals' which of course, we would have to. No way did he ever make that claim!

12 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Look at this

"Yet again I have said time after time that Mowbray should have been sack and replace. But he hasn't been. So we go into the new season and for the target should be playoffs. Mowbray can have no excuses this season. So Yes the end of the season target should be playoffs/top 6. "

on Brereton, I put a bet on Brereton being the Championship top scorer in the league before the season started.

Edited by chaddyrovers

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

Look at this

"Yet again I have said time after time that Mowbray should have been sack and replace. But he hasn't been. So we go into the new season and for the target should be playoffs. Mowbray can have no excuses this season. So Yes the end of the season target should be playoffs/top 6. "

on Brereton, I put a bet on Brereton being the Championship top scorer in the league before the season started. 

So did many others, the odds were too good not to risk a few quid. That doesnt make u nostradamous, Where is the quotes where you said BB would replace AA goals?

2 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

Say what!!? You don’t doubt his knowledge of local players? 🙈

Serious question, tell me ONE player who he’s backed who has been any good? Not to mention the number of very good ROVERS players he’s written off with embarrassing consequences.

I doubt his allegiance to Rovers, never mind his ability to pick a player.

I don't necessarily agree with most things he says but likewise I don't necessarily agree with what you say Paul but he is entitled to an opinion. He has expanded his thoughts with usually an alternative. At the moment he looks like he called Buckley wrong but last season you'd have struggled to find many who'd disagree with him. Cudos to you as your sources kept telling us how good he was. It was not embarrassing although his support of Stefan Mols possibly was. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, dingles staying down 4ever said:

I don't necessarily agree with most things he says but likewise I don't necessarily agree with what you say Paul but he is entitled to an opinion. He has expanded his thoughts with usually an alternative. At the moment he looks like he called Buckley wrong but last season you'd have struggled to find many who'd disagree with him. Cudos to you as your sources kept telling us how good he was. It was not embarrassing although his support of Stefan Mols possibly was. 

People are entitled to an opinion. However, if you’re going to make such final comments about players both at Rovers and afar without much knowledge about them, you have to be prepared to take some flack. I was told to stop mentioning Stefan Mols…

4 hours ago, JBiz said:

There is too much writing off of players on BRFCS for my liking.

When it is done in such sweeping singular statements, without even any rationale - I’ll gladly point it out as a poor take. I take your point on soutar, and you even developed it with a suggestion of a way for Carter to improve, rather than simply writing him off and calling a potential signing a “crock”.

It’s the most popular unofficial “supporters” forum and website, yet you’d be hard driven to find any support for individuals at times.

Not forgetting, a Blackburn Rovers website. Not a “nobbers” one, let them wax lyrical about their own players.

I’m sure if I spent my afternoons bigging up our graduates and slagging off Burnley’s, on their website - I would’ve been binned off months ago.

When Sparks sang about Whteman he was at Doncaster not Nobbers. If he has coached players who now at North End then of course he is going to sing about them. I'm a local scout leader and if any of scouts had joined a local side Id sing their praises but they haven't.

I agree the majority on here are negative but that has not always been the case. The last eleven years have brought mainly negativity about the club so its only logically the majority of the posts would be negative.

Likewise I think there is too much name calling and bitching on here but it is still at times a good read. That is why I still look on and occasionally contribute. It is good JBiz that you contribute and offer a balance opinion.

• Like 2