BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer window 2022

7 minutes ago, rigger said:

But why are you going to burst out laughing if the move goes ahead ?

Because 1864 has said Nyambe is not good enough and I think he is, so if he moves to say Leeds or Southampton then 1864 is wrong and Nyambe clearly has something about him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sparks Rover said:

Young Hill looks like he's getting his move to Bournemouth from Fleetwood.  We should be all over that as I said ages ago...help get us promote like. Lancashire lad with a big future.🤞

Yep. Best player ever to come through their ranks and very very highly rated there.

• Like 1

As many of us have always said, it is no surprise that Nyambe is performing so well with a decent run of games under his belt.

TM has made it clear that he isn't his biggest fan, and my view is that this is at least part of the reason he hasn't signed a new contract. Are we even sure he has been offered an improved contract? 

I will be personally devastated if he leaves. I really don't think he warrants any of the criticism aimed at him. He is more instrumental in our recent run than many of us realise.

This will only become clear when he leaves. 

£3m in our current stable situation would be a joke (yes, I know it is currently an unfounded rumour).

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, garnersfags said:

As many of us have always said, it is no surprise that Nyambe is performing so well with a decent run of games under his belt.

TM has made it clear that he isn't his biggest fan, and my view is that this is at least part of the reason he hasn't signed a new contract. Are we even sure he has been offered an improved contract? 

I will be personally devastated if he leaves. I really don't think he warrants any of the criticism aimed at him. He is more instrumental in our recent run than many of us realise.

£3m in our current stable situation would be a joke (yes, I know it is currently an unfounded rumour).

He has played consistently for the last couple of years now, there is nothing to suggest that he is potentially leaving because of Mowbray.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, garnersfags said:

£3million for someone walking for free in a couple of months is not a joke. A shame yes.

• Like 5

Just now, roversfan99 said:

He has played consistently for the last couple of years now, there is nothing to suggest that he is potentially leaving because of Mowbray.

IMO if JRC had stayed fit I dont think Nyambe would have played this season, so I still think that its beyond coincidence that two of the three are players that many on here feel that Mowbray used as scapegoats in previous seasons. Damage already done.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, garnersfags said:

Allegedly it's his agent who is hard work.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, dingles staying down 4ever said:

IMO if JRC had stayed fit I dont think Nyambe would have played this season, so I still think that its beyond coincidence that two of the three are players that many on here feel that Mowbray used as scapegoats in previous seasons. Damage already done.

Whether he would or would not have played Rankin Costello is a total unknown and hypothetical. The fact is that Nyambe has played consistently now as first choice for a while and to be honest throughout Mowbrays tenure he has trusted him enough to only sign Paul Caddis as another right back that I recall, instead choosing versatile players already at his disposal to compete with Nyambe.

With Rothwell he often has been very inconsistent and has actually matured when trusted in a deeper role that I doubt many if any of us would have suggested. Both have grown and become more consistent over time into much better and more complete players under Mowbray to become key assets of a team 2nd in the table. Plus according to Waggott both (and Lenihan) have been in discussions with the club that have stalled with us offering as much we can, they wouldnt entertain the idea if the manager was the sticking point.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dingles staying down 4ever said:

£3million for someone walking for free in a couple of months is not a joke. A shame yes.

The only reason £3m might be considered reasonable is that our management have negligently allowed his contract to run down.

And other Clubs aren't going to let us have a comparable player on the cheap out of the kindness of their heart because we've cocked up!

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, dingles staying down 4ever said:

Rothwell and Lenihan dont have the same agent do they?

Not sure but Wasserman have been buying up other agencies so i wonder if that has anything to do with it.  Can't be easy dealing with a big organization that has bundles of hugely paid talent on its books.

9 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Always some dodgey f***ing agent link at Rovers.

Frustrating.

All agency have one thing in common, pure greed i think the players themselves don't get much say. These parasites try and control everything.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, tomphil said:

All agency have one thing in common, pure greed i think the players themselves don't get much say. These parasites try and control everything.

wish some players would have some balls and cut ties with them and find someone who truly wants the best for them. someone who doesn't just see them as another piggy bank in their large portfolio of piggy banks. it's astounding to me that more players don't get frustrated with this stuff and just sack them off

Edited by nbdelboy
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

The only reason £3m might be considered reasonable is that our management have negligently allowed his contract to run down.

And other Clubs aren't going to let us have a comparable player on the cheap out of the kindness of their heart because we've cocked up!

I dont see many Championship Full Backs going for £3 million especially with so little contract. £3 million is a good return if true. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, tomphil said:

I have to say Nyambes agency firm is a great firm. 

Man who owns it is an ex footballer who looks to help with investments for the footballers and educates on how to deal with big money, majority of people to my knowledge are mostly youngsters.

I don't think he'd be taking the piss I'd be more inclined to say Rovers are.

18 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Whether he would or would not have played Rankin Costello is a total unknown and hypothetical. The fact is that Nyambe has played consistently now as first choice for a while and to be honest throughout Mowbrays tenure he has trusted him enough to only sign Paul Caddis as another right back that I recall, instead choosing versatile players already at his disposal to compete with Nyambe.

With Rothwell he often has been very inconsistent and has actually matured when trusted in a deeper role that I doubt many if any of us would have suggested. Both have grown and become more consistent over time into much better and more complete players under Mowbray to become key assets of a team 2nd in the table. Plus according to Waggott both (and Lenihan) have been in discussions with the club that have stalled with us offering as much we can, they wouldnt entertain the idea if the manager was the sticking point.

He may of only signed Caddis but how many other players have played at Right Back? Last season he played an ageing player who only played  as he was club captain there instead of Nyambe. Rankin-Costello played there until he broke his toe last season as well so I think there is history there. Ive sat behind Mowbray several times and the way he used to whinge at Nyambe was unbelievable.

All this whilst Nyambe's contract negotiations are on going so Im not surprised he hasnt signed.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, tomphil said:

I think they should banned from football or at the very least have their earnings capped.  40m quid to negotiate Neymars move to PSG was crazy and they paid it and FIFA allowed it.  Agents hold too much power these days and their influence must be reduced.

• Like 5

44 minutes ago, dingles staying down 4ever said:

Yes.  Problem is that JRC hasn't shown anything remotely looking like a top 6 Championship player even against kids.  He should find another club if he can

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

I have to say Nyambes agency firm is a great firm. 

Man who owns it is an ex footballer who looks to help with investments for the footballers and educates on how to deal with big money, majority of people to my knowledge are mostly youngsters.

I don't think he'd be taking the piss I'd be more inclined to say Rovers are.

Wasserman are into literally everything so if its them then given what you say there it wouldn't be surprising if they try and broker big wages.  They need something to invest after all.

4 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Yes.  Problem is that JRC hasn't shown anything remotely looking like a top 6 Championship player even against kids.  He should find another club if he can

Dont know that. He never stays fit long enough for many of us to get a true judgement. Isnt he another Manchester schoolboy that you dont have a high regard for?

• Like 2