BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer window 2022

In regards to needing midfielders, I can see with Markanday coming in and Dack coming back that Buckley will be freed up to play in midfield. I think he's going to be a real player at centre mid - can tackle, pass, find space, run with the ball, good engine. Wouldn't be suprised if that's his normal role by end of season rotating with Rothwell and Travis.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, WIR Second Coming said:

This isn't an official site. I think we should wait until Rovers make an announcement before getting all hot and bothered about this lad.

Yes, we need to put the champagne on ice on this one for a bit longer, there are still details that need  ironing out apparently.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

I think you are wrong on both points!.....

I would love to be.

But Van Hecke was bought for 2.5m prior to 2 loan spells where his value will have gone up and Khadra wont be cheap either. Plus both I suspect will surely fancy getting into a PL team eventually, so even if they fancied a move and we could afford it, it would make sense from their side to see if we go up.

2 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

In regards to needing midfielders, I can see with Markanday coming in and Dack coming back that Buckley will be freed up to play in midfield. I think he's going to be a real player at centre mid - can tackle, pass, find space, run with the ball, good engine. Wouldn't be suprised if that's his normal role by end of season rotating with Rothwell and Travis.

Its interesting with Buckley, I do think that his biggest strengths are his winning the ball back high up and his through balls, both of which are best served from his current position. He has not yet shown that he can dictate games, we dont as a team really.

The thing is though, a fully fit and on form Dack would start and offer us a whole new dimension offering a secondary regular goal threat. They will be good headaches to have.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

I think you are wrong on both points!.....

I agree - Van Hecke was transferred in from a smallish club in the Netherlands so probably not on that much.  Hes only only got a year left on his contract in the summer. Most importantly Brighton have sold a bunch of defenders in the past couple of years and not used him so suggests he probably hasn't got much of a future there.

Khadra joined Brighton on a free after release from Dortmund so he may be on modest money, but then he got a new contract from Brighton, but it will only have a year left this summer.

If Brighton aren't keen to keep them and counter offer it feels like they might both be within the realms of possibility for us to sign.

Edited by joey_big_nose
  • Like 5

12 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Its interesting with Buckley, I do think that his biggest strengths are his winning the ball back high up and his through balls, both of which are best served from his current position. He has not yet shown that he can dictate games, we dont as a team really.

The thing is though, a fully fit and on form Dack would start and offer us a whole new dimension offering a secondary regular goal threat. They will be good headaches to have.

What makes me think that Buckley will thrive in midfield is his fantastic ability to turn and find space. He can do that whereever he is. I can absolutely see him picking the ball up from the defence, ghosting past markers, and picking out players with short and long passes - and getting stuck in when the ball needs winning.

I'm sure Bucky in midfield will be given a go when Dack's back as Dack has to ultimately take the "false 9" for the goal threat as you say. And Buckley has to play - so he goes into midfield (he isn't playing right wing back anymore as we now have four - Nyambe, Zeefuik, JRC, Brown). 

Really looking forward to Buckley, Dack, Rothwell, Khadra, Brereton all linking up. Will be tasty.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

You clearly again have chosen not to read what I have put.

I did read your post properly 

- That I liked the idea of signing a player for a decent fee who might not instantly make the 11 but would certainly genuinely push strongly to be it and would contribute heavily this season, whilst also being here long term for if we (thinking prudence here) are in the Championship next season to fill the Rothwell void. A short term AND long term thinking deal.

Fair enough. I would rather Keep Rothwell as first choice tho. 

That I would be a disappointed if a player for less than £2m would be automatically deemed as unaffordable

Fair enough. My question Is the player worth that money tho? 

What your view on the Spurs forward and the deal we seen to have done? 

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

I did read your post properly 

Fair enough. I would rather Keep Rothwell as first choice tho. 

Fair enough. My question Is the player worth that money tho? 

What your view on the Spurs forward and the deal we seen to have done? 

I have no idea if O'Riley is good or worth a particular fee. I dont recall seeing him, as I said my point was generic about a permanent signing for over a million to impact now and in the future.

On the Spurs forward, hard to get overly excited about a player that has not really played first team football, will he really impact on a promotion push? Although based on the comments from Spurs fans albeit based on kids football and the permanent contract, I hope that he turns into shrewd bit of business and a quality player over time and wouls love an instant impact. To conclude, ive no idea, no one can really as hes not played senior football. 

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Still no deal. Any deal to sell him with end of promotion bid. Simple as

Obviously that's an unrealistic fee but I'd take it without hesitation. Sorts out the money for promotion without getting promotion..and is enough money to buy a replacement, strengthen elsewhere and still potentially go up. With money to spare.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

On the Spurs forward, hard to get overly excited about a player that has not really played first team football, will he really impact on a promotion push? Although based on the comments from Spurs fans albeit based on kids football and the permanent contract, I hope that he turns into shrewd bit of business and a quality player over time and wouls love an instant impact. To conclude, ive no idea, no one can really as hes not played senior football

I think he will have impact in our promotion bid. Seems decent enough and I guess Mowbray and scouts have done their research on him. Plus the cost of transfer seems very reasonable and looks a good deal

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

I think he will have impact in our promotion bid. Seems decent enough and I guess Mowbray and scouts have done their research on him. Plus the cost of transfer seems very reasonable and looks a good deal

Its harder to judge than many because there is no senior football to go off. Whether its full games or even things that are inherently flawed like highlight video reels, data and second opinions become even less reliable when they are solely based on kids football. You say seems decent enough, what makes you say that specifically? Not being negative, I am genuinely in the dark on him.

Low fee with huge incentives so low risk on that score. Lets hope he grasps the nettle if he does sign and really hits the ground running and makes the fee look like pocket money.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

Ain't it great to be a Rover once again!!!

(Please nobody f**k this up!)

I understand the sentiment, you're quite right, we all bleed blue n white, but it still leaves a bad taste in the mouth with these rats in charge of the club, sorry to bring the mood down......

What Mowbray and this young side are doing is nothing short of remarkable given the circumstances, they deserve the support of the town and the town will turn out in numbers I'm sure.

Onwards and upwards. 

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Gav said:

I understand the sentiment, you're quite right, we all bleed blue n white, but it still leaves a bad taste in the mouth with these rats in charge of the club, sorry to bring the mood down......

What Mowbray and this young side are doing is nothing short of remarkable given the circumstances, they deserve the support of the town and the town will turn out in numbers I'm sure.

Onwards and upwards. 

What a difference a few short months has made to our general outlook! I have to admit being one of the doomsayers as we came into the season, and my lampooning of TM as the Gurnmeister General was, on reflection, perhaps a little over the top. Having said that, I think something has clicked, and we seem to have lost tombola Tony and that gurning chump who would appear horizontal and slumbering outside the technical area throughout games... He isn't missed, and this new Mr Passion who gets booked for berating the officials is much more my cup of tea.

I don't know if anyone else saw the BBC North West feature on the club this evening? I wonder if we might be on the verge of something very very interesting and life-affirming for all of us dyed in the wool / long in the tooth fans of the Mighty Blue and White Blackburn Rovers. I truly hope so 🙂 🙂

tm card 3.jpg

TM Card 2.jpg

TM Card.jfif

Edited by WIR Second Coming
  • Like 4

35 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Still no deal. Any deal to sell him with end of promotion bid. Simple as

C'mon Chaddy, £150m is more than we'd make from a season in the Premier League and that's a long way from being guaranteed! Let's be a little bit realistic.

All that said personally  I'd turn down flat anything we're LIKELY to be offered this window. If however Newcastle or someone else unexpectedly came in with £40m plus though you'd probably have to think about it depending on how long we had to bring someone else in.

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

Gav, I know and recognise your thoughts towards the owners.

Please 'look outside of the box' though, they haven't buggered off, cut and run, which would have been easy to do, particularly with the current pandemic. They've stuck with us, covered all costs when there was zero income, for me it's hats off. Yeh, they've clearly dropped some serious bollocks historically but they've still stood by us...that counts for a lot for me.

As you say, we as supporters should come out and support this team in the numbers that we know we can, let's enjoy the ride rather than cutting noses to spite the face!

WE ARE The Rovers!!!

I'm as anti  Waggott/Mowbray/Venus as Dav is against the owners.

But you're correct, contrary to all known logic  things have somehow gone contrary to all expectations this season and for as long as the promotion chance lasts we should, get behind the team on the pitch and temporarily cease hostilities against the team off it.

Edited by RevidgeBlue
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Its harder to judge than many because there is no senior football to go off. Whether its full games or even things that are inherently flawed like highlight video reels, data and second opinions become even less reliable when they are solely based on kids football. You say seems decent enough, what makes you say that specifically? Not being negative, I am genuinely in the dark on him.

Low fee with huge incentives so low risk on that score. Lets hope he grasps the nettle if he does sign and really hits the ground running and makes the fee look like pocket money.

Just what I've seen of him from highlights from people have shared. But Rovers have clearly scouted him and seems happy to sign him. 

40 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

C'mon Chaddy, £150m is more than we'd make from a season in the Premier League and that's a long way from being guaranteed! Let's be a little bit realistic.

All that said personally  I'd turn down flat anything we're LIKELY to be offered this window. If however Newcastle or someone else unexpectedly came in with £40m plus though you'd probably have to think about it depending on how long we had to bring someone else in.

I didn't take the 150 million thing serious. 

I wouldn't be accepting any bids for any of our key players. 

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Just what I've seen of him from highlights from people have shared. But Rovers have clearly scouted him and seems happy to sign him. 

I didn't take the 150 million thing serious. 

I wouldn't be accepting any bids for any of our key players. 

It might not have been serious nor realistic - but you would absolutely take 150 million for BBD, something you said you wouldn't. The club would, the owners would - its their money not yours. If it was yours, you'd take it. It covers what we'd get in the PL and we could still yet get promoted (so double whammy). 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

It might not have been serious nor realistic - but you would absolutely take 150 million for BBD, something you said you wouldn't. The club would, the owners would - its their money not yours. If it was yours, you'd take it. It covers what we'd get in the PL and we could still yet get promoted (so double whammy). 

I'd take £35 to £40 million for BBD tomorrow, all day long, just like I think £16 million for Arma was a good deal for the club.

Mid January, if the majority of any proceeds were invested elsewhere in the appropriate place, I don't think it would change our promotion challenge at all, in fact it could enhance it!

It's about The Rovers, not Ben Brereton....I'd cash in now if the fee was right because I've watched him for 36 months and not just 6!

• Like 8