BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Dingles

3 hours ago, longsiders1882 said:

You did - and they’ve stumped up a decent amount though I feel we could/should have pushed it towards 30, I honestly believe he will become that good. 

I never thought you got 30 million. 

3 hours ago, longsiders1882 said:

Best signing? I’m happy with them all BUT we need some experience. As such I think I’m happiest with Cullen, reading around about him he sounds like he has real quality. Also excited to see how Twine does.

Cullen is very good player. 

What formation have played in their pre season games? 

12 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:
2 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

pope

Hennessy still with us - heard we’d said no move unless/until we have a replacement. Other Keeper is Bailey Peacock-Farell.

What the hold up with Muric deal? 

9 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I never thought you got 30 million. 

Cullen is very good player. 

What formation have played in their pre season games? 

What the hold up with Muric deal? 

I’ve heard we’ve moved on from Muric, possibly City want to much but not sure.

In terms of formation, so far he’s largely used the games as fitness outings with under 23s coming on at half time etc. Mainly 442 - or 4411. Hoping we will get a clearer picture in the next game what he’s thinking for the season.

4 hours ago, longsiders1882 said:

In terms of formation, so far he’s largely used the games as fitness outings with under 23s coming on at half time etc. Mainly 442 - or 4411. Hoping we will get a clearer picture in the next game what he’s thinking for the season.

If that is the case then you may have had a lucky escape.

Is there anyone on the agenda up front?

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

If that is the case then you may have had a lucky escape.

Is there anyone on the agenda up front?

I hope so - but since we had the work permit problems with Muleka I haven’t seen any others linked - maybe we should offer your lads a half chewed refresher and an open packet of wotsits for Brereton? 😉

12 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

I hope so - but since we had the work permit problems with Muleka I haven’t seen any others linked - maybe we should offer your lads a half chewed refresher and an open packet of wotsits for Brereton? 😉

In 12 months that may be all you can afford.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, longsiders1882 said:

I think you get that one done. Seems Kompany first choice. 

Ok thanks. 

Only 16 days until the season starts for you, are you looking forward to the season? 

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

I think you get that one done. Seems Kompany first choice. 

Ok thanks. 

Only 16 days until the season starts for you, are you looking forward to the season? 

Yeah definitely - although on the Friday I’m at a many times rearranged Peter Hook and The Light gig in Manchester so will have to rely on text updates.

5 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Unsure if there is truth in it but maybe they have moved away from Calamity Muric.

Can’t comment on this link but I had seen a few sources saying we’d moved on from Muric. In Muric’s defence I believe he’s coming off the back of a decent season in Turkey.

55 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Burnley and Southampton fighting it out to take Delap on a season loan from City according to reports 

Vincent Kompanys Burnley may as well announce it now. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, longsiders1882 said:

Rumours doing the rounds that Taylor is on his way out the door - not heard who to, just that he looks likely to be going soon. We could be playing a defence with an average age of around 21. A worrying lack of experience.

It's interesting - on the face of it you seem to be linked with lots of shrewd looking long term investments, but not really players with proven records of competing at the top end of the Championship. 

Don't know if that speaks to the financial situation at all, but with the noises that were coming out a month or so ago I would've thought there would've been enormous pressure to go back up first time (which you still might, of course!) so I'm a bit surprised that you're linked with so many players needing to make a step up.

10 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

It's interesting - on the face of it you seem to be linked with lots of shrewd looking long term investments, but not really players with proven records of competing at the top end of the Championship. 

Don't know if that speaks to the financial situation at all, but with the noises that were coming out a month or so ago I would've thought there would've been enormous pressure to go back up first time (which you still might, of course!) so I'm a bit surprised that you're linked with so many players needing to make a step up.

It is the model the owners want but to replace a squad of experienced players with ‘kids’ is a risk. Our financial position was never as bad as the likes of the media and Chaddy would have you believe - and maybe our owners were happy to let the story run to keep prices down? The 65 million that required a ‘significant’ amount to be repaid on relegation. Well that turned out to be about 15 million. Yes a decent chunk but factoring in the money from Wood, parachutes etc plus cash in the bank not as disastrous as predicted.

Its a gamble though. We do have experience in midfield - and if by some miracle both McNeill and Cornet stay then that gives us a potentially very potent attack with Twine. And if Delap comes in that really adds to that. I do fear that our lack of experience, naivety if you like, will cost us as the season unfolds. Potentially exciting but ultimately less than successful. Then again it could be next season is the big promotion target and we are building now for that 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

It is the model the owners want but to replace a squad of experienced players with ‘kids’ is a risk. Our financial position was never as bad as the likes of the media and Chaddy would have you believe - and maybe our owners were happy to let the story run to keep prices down? The 65 million that required a ‘significant’ amount to be repaid on relegation. Well that turned out to be about 15 million. Yes a decent chunk but factoring in the money from Wood, parachutes etc plus cash in the bank not as disastrous as predicted.

Its a gamble though. We do have experience in midfield - and if by some miracle both McNeill and Cornet stay then that gives us a potentially very potent attack with Twine. And if Delap comes in that really adds to that. I do fear that our lack of experience, naivety if you like, will cost us as the season unfolds. Potentially exciting but ultimately less than successful. Then again it could be next season is the big promotion target and we are building now for that 🤷‍♂️

Not many teams get out of this league with a good faction of experienced players. It’s a long hard season.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, longsiders1882 said:

Rumours doing the rounds that Taylor is on his way out the door - not heard who to, just that he looks likely to be going soon. We could be playing a defence with an average age of around 21. A worrying lack of experience.

Would be a big loss and a surprising one. Leeds need a left back with Firpo who himself struggled last season now injured, maybe he will go back there although their fans might not welcome him back.

4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Would be a big loss and a surprising one. Leeds need a left back with Firpo who himself struggled last season now injured, maybe he will go back there although their fans might not welcome him back.

All fans are fickle - if he goes back and does well they’ll be fine. He’s a very good and experienced player - and we’ve just signed a kid from Chelsea on loan m, though he was at Coventry last season. It’s beginning to look a lot like a 2 year plan to me.

On 14/07/2022 at 07:39, longsiders1882 said:

I see West Ham being linked with Taylor. 

On 14/07/2022 at 09:29, longsiders1882 said:

I just posted what was getting reported in the media. You owners should have issued a statement if they thought they stories about the financial problems you have with getting relegated were wrong. Its seems you renegotiation the terms of your loan agreement with Michael Dell. 

20 hours ago, longsiders1882 said:

All fans are fickle - if he goes back and does well they’ll be fine. He’s a very good and experienced player - and we’ve just signed a kid from Chelsea on loan m, though he was at Coventry last season. It’s beginning to look a lot like a 2 year plan to me.

have you sign that left back from Chelsea? cos I thought he were still in talks to sign him. 

On 15/07/2022 at 10:00, chaddyrovers said:

I see West Ham being linked with Taylor. 

I just posted what was getting reported in the media. You owners should have issued a statement if they thought they stories about the financial problems you have with getting relegated were wrong. Its seems you renegotiation the terms of your loan agreement with Michael Dell. 

have you sign that left back from Chelsea? cos I thought he were still in talks to sign him. 

Yeah we’ve signed the player from Chelsea on a season loan. Not heard anything definite on Taylor but can see him going soon. Still need a keeper, O’Hare seems to be edging nearer - and a still nothing on a striker.

23 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

Yeah we’ve signed the player from Chelsea on a season loan. Not heard anything definite on Taylor but can see him going soon. Still need a keeper, O’Hare seems to be edging nearer - and a still nothing on a striker.

i'm not sure you get O'Hare tbh given Mark Robins comments 

You want a keeper from Belgium don't you?

14 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

i'm not sure you get O'Hare tbh given Mark Robins comments 

You want a keeper from Belgium don't you?

Not sure Robins gets to decide. He’s annoyed about Kompany’s comments apparently. It’s not done but sounds close but if not we will need to look elsewhere as we need wide attackers unless Cornet and McNeill stay with Cornet now heavily linked ti Newcastle.

10 minutes ago, goozburger said:

Thought Peacock-Farrell was hot property when you bought him. You're back down in the mud with us in the Championship, where we don't belong, but you do, and after a loan spell in League One, might be worth a punt to go with him and lower your standards back down to what they should be. 😁

I’ve been at Beatherder this weekend and reckon you must be on what so many seem to be there 😂. He was hot property when we signed him but seems to have lost his way 🤷‍♂️. Anyway we just came down to give you another chance or two to reset that clock 😉😬