BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Dingles

3 hours ago, Mike E said:

I'm married to a Burnley fan (and her inbred family) and the banter is amazing. I've never understood anyone 'hating' another club.

Rivalry is fine. Hatred is for the braindead.

You're married to her AND her inbred family?!

Won't that make your offspring, err, inbred too??

• Like 1

9 hours ago, smiller14 said:

My Dad used to always comment on how my sister being born made him miss a Shearer hat trick at home to Bolton.

Us football fans aren't wired up right are we? 😅

Brilliant 🤣 had a great chuckle at this 

Could have had more daughters if he put his mind to it. Shearer hatricks were in relitivly short suppply.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tricky said:

52 minutes ago, sympatheticclaret said:

Third month running for Vincent Kompany, the " Manager of the Month " curse hasn't struck just yet .... ( touch wood )

He probably deserved October to January however I thought last month would be Carrick or JDT.  

• Like 1

Good to see this thread returning to football. For a minute tonight I thought we were going to get three late goals but it wasn't to be and we certainly didn't deserve to.

What are the chances of a guard of honour being requested at Ewood?

12 hours ago, JohnD said:

Good to see this thread returning to football. For a minute tonight I thought we were going to get three late goals but it wasn't to be and we certainly didn't deserve to.

What are the chances of a guard of honour being requested at Ewood?

The " Derby " will be game 44 of a 46 game Championship season .... if we haven't wrapped up the title or at the very least promotion by then, the wheels will have come off big style !!

The " Guard of Honour " nonsense was a story floated by Alan Nixon apparently ... Kompany doesn't seem the sort of Manager who'd request such a thing, nor does our Chairman. Add to that, probable objections from the Constabulary, who'd regard it as an " unnecessary provocation " for a high profile game with an Evening kick-off, especially following the sad events in Blackpool recently.

• Like 6

46 minutes ago, sympatheticclaret said:

The " Derby " will be game 44 of a 46 game Championship season .... if we haven't wrapped up the title or at the very least promotion by then, the wheels will have come off big style !!

The " Guard of Honour " nonsense was a story floated by Alan Nixon apparently ... Kompany doesn't seem the sort of Manager who'd request such a thing, nor does our Chairman. Add to that, probable objections from the Constabulary, who'd regard it as an " unnecessary provocation " for a high profile game with an Evening kick-off, especially following the sad events in Blackpool recently.

Feck me last time we won it the EFL sent the trophy to Middlesbrough assuming they’d be champions. No guard of honour needed - and I doubt it would be requested 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, longsiders1882 said:

Feck me last time we won it the EFL sent the trophy to Middlesbrough assuming they’d be champions. No guard of honour needed - and I doubt it would be requested 

Very true, here's Andre Gray & Michael Keane celebrating at Charlton at the end of the 2015-16 season, whilst the real EFL trophy was gathering dust at the Riverside Stadium ...

This post has been edited by the Admin team. 

43DBBC99-1C69-4932-8678-2B9DD5331705.jpeg

82EB7343-43BB-45E8-80CB-076522B4F7DA.jpeg

9047EB8C-7725-471E-9D50-0B8BDF7B6E2B.jpeg

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

Lord knows how we will survive until May without signing anyone.

Not sure why the EFL have to go trumpeting it everywhere right now unless it's a long term thing but surely promotion will square off the finances anyway.

If there are some previous irregularities under investigation though it could get interesting. 

12 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Not sure why the EFL have to go trumpeting it everywhere right now unless it's a long term thing but surely promotion will square off the finances anyway.

If there are some previous irregularities under investigation though it could get interesting. 

It is the club who have announced it. looks like it’s about submitting accounts. This is one of the things when you start having complicated ownership structures. By design they are at best opaque IMO but here we are. I’m sure the paperwork will be resolved before the end of the season.

• Like 1