BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

why do they need loans? 

Maybe because Vale’s only first team experience is 1 goal in 10 at Halifax Town and a couple of games at Rochdale? And Garrett has zero first team experience. Send them out for 6 months and if they are flying then yeah, recall them back into the squad. Expecting them to be in the squad for a championship side with aspirations to do well is madness for me, way to soon for the lads. Phillips I’m a bit torn on because he’s so highly rated, but he’s also really really young. I’d rather him go out and get first team experience than be our 4th choice centre half. I’m expecting the club to get busy and I expect 7 or 8 new faces through the door before the window shuts 👍🏻👍🏻

• Like 2

Let's see how far this 'good budget' Broughton referred to gets us.

There's been plenty of talk here over the years about grand plans, good budgets and the like. I'll believe it when I see it.

For all the optimism I still fully expect to get to September and see £30 million in from Armstrong and Brereton in 12 months and a million or so at most out on new players.

• Like 1

Someone posted this yesterday but Richie Laryea has been made available for a loan move from Forest. If Nyambe goes then we should be all over that, Forest fans don’t want him to go out on loan they rate him really highly, was unfortunate to be kept out the team by Djed Spence this season just gone. I think he’d be a great signing. 

23 minutes ago, rigger said:

Not a hope in hell will Saadi make our first team

Seems odd to me that he has signed a 2 year contract (with a 1-year option) given that at 20 he doesn't really seem like one that is fancied to ever make it here, whilst we only gave a 1 year contract (no option mentioned) to the U18s captain Patrick Gamble. Especially with the U23s becoming the U21s again.

5 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Seems odd to me that he has signed a 2 year contract (with a 1-year option) given that at 20 he doesn't really seem like one that is fancied to ever make it here, whilst we only gave a 1 year contract (no option mentioned) to the U18s captain Patrick Gamble. Especially with the U23s becoming the U21s again.

I can only comment on what I have seen. I have no idea of the thinking behind the scenes. Personally I think  that if Phillips hadn't been earmarked to train with the first team squad,  Saadi would not have started for the U23s 

Edited by rigger

3 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

The oddest one for me was Dan Butterworth getting another year! Hope he finds his level one day but he’s not even close to being good enough to play here I think that’s pretty clear. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Butty said:

Maybe because Vale’s only first team experience is 1 goal in 10 at Halifax Town and a couple of games at Rochdale? And Garrett has zero first team experience. Send them out for 6 months and if they are flying then yeah, recall them back into the squad. Expecting them to be in the squad for a championship side with aspirations to do well is madness for me, way to soon for the lads. Phillips I’m a bit torn on because he’s so highly rated, but he’s also really really young. I’d rather him go out and get first team experience than be our 4th choice centre half. I’m expecting the club to get busy and I expect 7 or 8 new faces through the door before the window shuts 👍🏻👍🏻

I have said I would used both Jake Garrett and Jack Vale in this season squad. I thought both would have an impact for us this season. I would have like to see Jack Vale given more of a role last season but Mowbray didn't. 

I expect at most 5 or 6 signings. Then we used our young players and academy players 

3 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Let's see how far this 'good budget' Broughton referred to gets us.

There's been plenty of talk here over the years about grand plans, good budgets and the like. I'll believe it when I see it.

For all the optimism I still fully expect to get to September and see £30 million in from Armstrong and Brereton in 12 months and a million or so at most out on new players.

I would imagine that the 10 million from Armstrong sale would have cover last season losses. 

Broughton did say we had "healthy budget" transfer but the same wage budget as last season. We will see shortly. 

2 minutes ago, Butty said:

Someone posted this yesterday but Richie Laryea has been made available for a loan move from Forest. If Nyambe goes then we should be all over that, Forest fans don’t want him to go out on loan they rate him really highly, was unfortunate to be kept out the team by Djed Spence this season just gone. I think he’d be a great signing. 

They were an article on the LT about Nyambe contract saga and that fact he hasn't return to training yet. 

It also mentioned Barnsley's Callum Brittain and Exeter City's Josh Key that we look at signing in January. 

Given how JDT played at Malmo, Brittain might be the perfect fit for right back role. 

13 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I have said I would used both Jake Garrett and Jack Vale in this season squad. I thought both would have an impact for us this season. I would have like to see Jack Vale given more of a role last season but Mowbray didn't. 

I expect at most 5 or 6 signings. Then we used our young players and academy players 

I would imagine that the 10 million from Armstrong sale would have cover last season losses. 

Broughton did say we had "healthy budget" transfer but the same wage budget as last season. We will see shortly. 

They were an article on the LT about Nyambe contract saga and that fact he hasn't return to training yet. 

It also mentioned Barnsley's Callum Brittain and Exeter City's Josh Key that we look at signing in January. 

Given how JDT played at Malmo, Brittain might be the perfect fit for right back role. 

Have a look at Laryea Chadster I think he’d be a good one. Wouldn’t say no to Brittain though, or maybe James Bree from Luton? 

33 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Good job then that Armstrong turned down our supposedly very good offer of a new deal and forced us into a sale.

If not and he'd accepted our offer where would we have found the money to cover running costs? 🤷

GB & JDT seem wise enough to know that they cannot just flood the first team with academy players & it clicks overnight.

I expect that GB will go about assessing the academy for players who he thinks he can make first team regulars in 2-3 years.

Then propose buying players who can go straight into the first team squad who will have a sell on value. Leaving venkys with an investment with a realistic return!

This would be the safest option for the new management team to get off on the right footing!

1 hour ago, Butty said:

Have a look at Laryea Chadster I think he’d be a good one. Wouldn’t say no to Brittain though, or maybe James Bree from Luton? 

I like Brittain but Bree is out of contract in a week. So that's might be possibility 

43 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Good job then that Armstrong turned down our supposedly very good offer of a new deal and forced us into a sale.

If not and he'd accepted our offer where would we have found the money to cover running costs? 🤷

The owners would have cover running costs again. 

1 hour ago, Butty said:

The oddest one for me was Dan Butterworth getting another year! Hope he finds his level one day but he’s not even close to being good enough to play here I think that’s pretty clear. 

That's not any stranger than Saadi's 2 year deal. At least Butterworth has played for the first team. He also doesn't have an ability issue, he has attitude and fitness issues. There's a player in there, we will just never see him. There could be a hope that a year out on loan for him will kick him into gear. It's highly unlikely but I can at least see the thinking. I've no idea what the thinking is behind keeping Saadi til he's 22, potentially 23. He is very far down the CB pecking order even though we barely have any CBs. My only thought is he might be kept around so other young CBs can break through to the first team without weakening the u21s too much.

27 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I like Brittain but Bree is out of contract in a week. So that's might be possibility 

The owners would have cover running costs again. 

But they did that with the 14 million ot so they spent on buying the training ground...where were they going to get another 10 million from without breaking FFP?

4 minutes ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

Probably not the right thread to ask, but what about that Lyons guy we got from Ireland? What was the point of signing him if he's bumming around the reserves?

Long gone. Last summer I think it was.

Phillips, Wharton and Leonard are the ‘chosen ones’ now…lots of excitement about these lads in particular and the crop coming through but none expected to break through this season! Not to say one or two won’t surprise us this season, but not expected. 

So we need some players. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Rochdale_rover said:

Nyambe gone .

To lose three 1st team players at the end of their contracts is a shocking reflection on our CEO. There is some mitigation with Pandemic, and the owners refusal to sell last transfer window - but due to poor contract handling we have lost millions in player assets.

• Like 7

Sharpe confirmed Nyambe will be leaving. Sad to see him go but I don’t feel too down about it - his improvement as a player seemed to have stopped over the last 12-18 months.

I remember thinking how much a breath of fresh air it was when Zeefuik beat his man and drove into the box in his first game. Good opportunity now to improve on the RB position and have someone that JDT/GB have personally chosen. 

• Like 2