BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

FYI Rovers are expecting if he leaves at the end of the season to receive circa 250K from Spurs, but that would increase for every game he plays for us before he leaves. It’s likely we will SELL him this window and that fee will be a couple of million. 

• Like 5

Just now, J*B said:

FYI Rovers are expecting if he leaves at the end of the season to receive circa 250K from Spurs, but that would increase for every game he plays for us before he leaves. It’s likely we will SELL him this window and that fee will be a couple of million. 

It's not much. £40,000 per game he plays for us at Championship level. So every game counts. 10 apps and it's another 400k on top. But peanuts compared to what he's probably worth.

2 minutes ago, J*B said:

It goes to a tribunal if we can’t agree a fee, no idea where your 250k figure has come from. 

1 minute ago, JoeH said:

It's not much. £40,000 per game he plays for us at Championship level. So every game counts. 10 apps and it's another 400k on top. But peanuts compared to what he's probably worth.

Does he have to start, or does that work for subs as well? It’s Ash’s decision from what I was told this morning, not necessarily his agent like previously predicted. Spurs deal sets his family up for life at 17. 

1 minute ago, RV Blue said:

It goes to a tribunal if we can’t agree a fee, no idea where your 250k figure has come from. 

That’s the figure I was told, only relying it, I don’t know where it comes from.

Tribunal is all well and good, but he's not a professionally contracted player, so it's not like Josh King / Connor Mahoney. It works differently.

Just now, J*B said:

Does he have to start, or does that work for subs as well?

I think it's just any app, so a minute at the end would count.

12 minutes ago, Realistic Rover said:

Phillips to Tottenham would really wind me up. 

They never give youngsters a chance. Look at that Tanganga, can’t get a sniff. He’s so much better signing a 3 year deal here then getting his big move.

Look at Markanday!

Get him to have a word with Phillips about Spurs' youth policy. 

• Like 3

Just now, JoeH said:

Tribunal is all well and good, but he's not a professionally contracted player, so it's not like Josh King / Connor Mahoney. It works differently.

Have you any idea where this ~250K comes from? I asked why Harvey Elliott was so much from Fulham to Liverpool and haven’t been told why this is any different. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Danny O.Brien said:

Can't blame Phillips if he goes. He may never fulfill his obvious potential and never earn this amount of money again. Wish we could get a decent fee for him but we probably won't.

Or, by moving he might ruin his obvious potential and never earn that amount of money again.

10 minutes ago, JoeH said:

What about Harvey Elliot then?He wasn't on pro terms 

Seen already asked

Edited by islander200

37 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

That is correct. Go back just over a year and phrases like "waste of money" and "£7m spunked away" were all over this messageboard.

and they were all right on the evidence at the time. The change in Brereton over one season and a bit has been unprecedented in my time.

• Like 1

Phillips will be stupid to leave now, he’s in the team, at 17 he should trust his ability and be patient for he big Money, he should be delighted with 5k a week if we offered it, stay here establish then the big move will come, we could go up this season then he’s in the prem, a promotion pay rise to add to the deal too, if we go up and he bosses it then he will be on the verge of the England team and will be a more attractive punt for the big boys, if he fucks off now for a few extra k to go back into the youth system to be forgotten about then he is an idiot, here he is an asset at spurs or whatever he’s a number like the rest of the talent them clubs have, how many quality young prospects fall from the radar and never reach their potential cause they got too greedy too soon and listened to some slimy agent ? 

diaz needs to make his kind up is he signing or not ? If not then we need to sell so we can get his replacement in fast and more cash will be left for further recruitment 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Whoever told you that must think they are a clairvoyant. How can anybody now claim to know what a tribunal would do in 9 months time ?

I assume you can work out what a player is valued at you from Joe’s earlier link, but I haven’t got time to check. 

Just now, TheRovers1994 said:

Phillips will be stupid to leave now, he’s in the team, at 17 he should trust his ability and be patient for he big Money, he should be delighted with 5k a week if we offered it, stay here establish then the big move will come, we could go up this season then he’s in the prem, a promotion pay rise to add to the deal too, if we go up and he bosses it then he will be on the verge of the England team and will be a more attractive punt for the big boys, if he fucks off now for a few extra k to go back into the youth system to be forgotten about then he is an idiot, here he is an asset at spurs or whatever he’s a number like the rest of the talent them clubs have, how many quality young prospects fall from the radar and never reach their potential cause they got too greedy too soon and listened to some slimy agent ? 

diaz needs to make his kind up is he signing or not ? If not then we need to sell so we can get his replacement in fast and more cash will be left for further recruitment 

The Spurs contract that Phillips is being offered is enough to set his family up for life and there’s a bit of pressure on him to do that. Plus, I assume he believes he’s good enough to break through at any club. 

• Like 2

Harvey Elliott had made his PL debut, for Ash it's only the Championship, so would have to imagine straight away that's one of the key differences between this situation and the one between Fulham and Liverpool. Clubs will be looking to agree something now. Avoids the cost of a lengthy court situation for both sides, Spurs get their man and don't worry about a Utd/Chelsea stepping in next year, Rovers know where they stand and have a sell on fee to hopefully make more out of him in the future.

2 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Very true, let's hope we can find some top lawyers.

I must say I don’t understand how this alleged ~250K figure is worked out, or how Elliott ended up going for more, or how the standard of your lawyer can determine what the final figure is. 

1 minute ago, JoeH said:

Clubs will be looking to agree something now. Avoids the cost of a lengthy court situation for both sides, Spurs get their man and don't worry about a Utd/Chelsea stepping in next year, Rovers know where they stand and have a sell on fee to hopefully make more out of him in the future.

Regardless I think this is what happens, we will get a few million now to avoid all the hassle.