BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Maybe Rovers have been bidding but nothing been leaking which is good from Rovers

We've already failed (so far) with bids for JPVH and the guy who went to Sheff Utd. Reading between the lined from what Cov fans and Nixon have been saying this looks like another (so far) unsuccessful bid for the player that was actually made a couple of weeks ago that social media outlets are actually just catching up on.

What would be good is actually getting someone over the line chaddy.  If they come and they're good I couldn't care less if the news leaked out first!

26 minutes ago, J*B said:

I didn’t even realise Coventry where in our league, so I’ll reserve judgement on him as a player, for now. Someone should probably let him know I’ve written Vale off after 3 games though, so he won’t be afforded much time. 

I’m sure he’ll bear that in mind…

Anyway, would be a decent signing for us, for this level.

Let’s get this one in (for nowhere near the £2.5m quoted by the rags), then focus on the next couple 👍🏻

17 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

I didn't say I believed him. I was just outlining why your  'why didn't we just keep Lenihan' analysis was simplistic at best. 

Based on figures which you have no idea are correct. Keep up the good work 

56 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yet again you missed the main point of the post about the poster opinion based he didn't even know him a hour or 2 ago. anyway I moving on 

To be fair you've kind of missed the point I was making.  If I've never heard of him, he's clearly not stood out at championship level so compared to the other names we've been linked with, he's an underwhelming signing (to me at any rate).  He doesn't seem to fit with our modus operandi for spending decent sums. 

He may turn out to be great but I bet he wasn't on the A, B or C list..certainly won't be somebody JDT is familiar with. 

It's also a relatively large fee.  Let's go back to the early interviews with Broughton and JDT.  

If you were told we're going to spend around £7 million (if fees are to be believed).  Then get told in the next breath who the 4 players are (Brittain, Szmodic, Morton and Hyatt) what would the general reaction have been?

Edited by Wing Wizard Windy Miller
Dodgy grammar.
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

I had one recently.

After he slipped the glove of love on and inserted his finger he said 'please don't be alarmed, involuntary erections are normal'

I said 'I haven't got an erection'

He said 'I know but I have'

Disgusting. 

Ladies and gentlemen, this is what happens in a transfer thread when there are no transfers. 

By the way, weren't we supposed to be talking about crisps and biscuits? 

1 hour ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Anel: 23: Malmö: Bosnian international: highly regarded✖️

Ben Davies: 27: Liverpool: well regarded at Champ level.  Good enough to earn a prem move.✖️

JPVH: 22: Brighton: Dutch under 21: previous player of year.✖️

Dominic Hyam: 26: Coventry: played for Aldershot before joining Coventry in League 2.  ✔️✔️✔️

bit biased?

an equivalent for hyam would be two promotions with coventry and 88 championship games in two seasons under his belt. he's more experienced than vdb in both championship games played and age. you might not be into the deal, but don't use cheap tricks to disguise the truth.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, ItsRoverZ said:

Van hecke doesn't want another loan, hence why he still hasent signed the new extension from Brighton 

This bid for hyam is a quite interesting, wonder who leaked it in the first place? 

Your move Brighton.. your move indeed

two permanent defenders on the cards? 🤔 found it interesting that sharpe said hyam may knock a move for svdb on the head, not jpvh. any potential subtext there seems to suggest we'd prefer two permanent additions at the back, and good on us if we can pull off two permanents deals.

Edited by nbdelboy
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

And which you don't know are correct, but you can't work out why we didn't just keep him. Keep up the good work. 

And which based on your [unproven] figures showed why it was possible to keep him and not have to spend £2.5m replacing him. But this seems hard for you to work out. 

1 hour ago, imy9 said:

You said he has limitations on the ball, have you seen him play? I’ll be honest I haven’t. However someone sent an excellent link a few pages and it showed that he is in the top 5% of players in this league for progressive passes.

based on what I have read he is not really a Lenihan style player. So with him Ayala, Wharton, Carter and Phillips we would have enough CBs. He is also comfortable in a back 3 another advantage.

EE2F5626-151F-4C85-8F7B-CE1D410BD443.png

based on this, he is the exact type of signing Broughton was brought-in (sorry) to make. his interviews on podcasts etc. talk about this. this is the real brentford model they mean: find gems in the stats, moneyball it. it doesn't necessarily mean they have to come from europe just because that's where brentford found most of theirs.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, nbdelboy said:

bit biased?

an equivalent for hyam would be two promotions with coventry and 88 championship games in two seasons under his belt. he's more experienced than vdb in both championship games played and age. you might not be into the deal, but don't use cheap tricks to disguise the truth.

So for the reported fee you'd rather have the more  experienced lad from Coventry over the 2 Dutch lads?

1 minute ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

So for the reported fee you'd rather have the more  experienced lad from Coventry over the 2 Dutch lads?

putting words in my mouth.

i think we'll get two in. if one is hyam, then i think we'll keep pursuing van hecke til we're forced to default to an alternative option. can very much understand why hyam would replace van den berg in the wanted list.

Edited by nbdelboy
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, nbdelboy said:

based on this, he is the exact type of signing Broughton was brought-in (sorry) to make. his interviews on podcasts etc. talk about this. this is the real brentford model they mean: find gems in the stats, moneyball it. it doesn't necessarily mean they have to come from europe just because that's where brentford found most of theirs.

Eyes before stats any day. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Tugay Et Labore said:

Well, if it’s 15k more than whoever his replacement is then it’s the same outcome.

Lenihan was also a decent championship CB but nothing more. Otherwise why go to Boro? Too rash in his tackling for my liking.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

And it appears even harder for you to work out that he just didn't want to stay. 

Wasn't it said by the poster (Islander) who offered the info about Lenihan  being made the increased offer that the increased offer for him was only made after he'd already committed to joining Boro and if it had been offered earlier he'd have signed here?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Wasn't it said by the poster (Islander) who offered the info about Lenihan  being made the increased offer that the increased offer for him was only made after he'd already committed to joining Boro and if it had been offered earlier he'd have signed here?

But the increased offer was still lower than the one Boro made accoridng to Waggott, to the tune of £10k a week.... and he was going to a club that was one of the pre-season faves for promotion.

This is the info we have. It's up to people whether they choose to believe the info. 

7 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

That is correct.

And clearly we are willing to commit to paying a decent wage for a centre half if we the reports we were willing to pay Davies 26k per week are correct,but going off the media for that one Lenihen said the above.

In fairness Lenihen had a very good season last year but prior to that he was a middle of the road championship defender.He has some good qualities,leadership and his agression but on the ball is poor and does make quite a few mistakes.

No idea on this Hyam but seems to be a player who has progressed and his injury record is quite pleasing, still hope Van den Berg or Van Hecke arrive here though.

• Like 1