BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

9 minutes ago, Finlay McKenna said:

Confidence now compared to confidence this time last season 

defence - more confident 

midfield - similarly confident 

attack - more confident 

Let me get this straight, you're more confident in the defence where we have lost 3 players and replaced 1? That's a baffling stance but at least your prozac works.

• Like 8

10 minutes ago, Finlay McKenna said:

But they both occupy the same areas of the team 

So does Gallagher.  Can't class him as a winger.  

We lack the option of pace out wide or down the middle.  A genuine winger  who can get to the line, would and should be an option. 

I'll concede that said player could also be a wide forward who has that skill set.  

10 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

Didnt think we play with wingers. Not in the true sense of the word anyway. We have a flexible attacking front 4 which is what JDT says he wants

No, I agree we don't seem to play with wingers. However, they are an integral position in most attacking line ups.  I've never quite understood how you can have a flexible front 4, if none have the ability to beat the full back and get to the byline. Surely by definition, that's not flexible. 

6 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Isn't the idea to be stronger than the previous season?

So if this squad doesn't finish 8th or higher, then it's down to the manager?

I'd like to see Mowbray minus Nyambe Lenihan Rothwell JPVH Khedra and no other loanees brought in to bolster the squad. Well, I wouldn't, but we certainly wouldn't be finishing 8th or above.

A better way to judge JDT would be that if he is given £7m to spend on a player or players from here and finishes higher than 15th he'll have done better than Mowbray in his first full season in the Championship.

• Like 4

So the manager says we are now down to 3 new signings as what is to be expected. We've been talking about 5-6 and the manager was boasting we'd definitely have a stronger squad come deadline day. I can't see that.

Expect it to be 2 by the time next week comes around. If that is Hyam, Caulker and one another that is abysmal.

12 out, 3 in and looks like at best another 3 to come.

What a horrendous summer window.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, unleaded said:

More then happy with Hyman … GB has done well there ….looking like a done deal

4AEDAC13-3744-47D3-ADF8-6ACB5E81A5E6.thumb.jpeg.14d64f91d4143a82fda3045bce6702c3.jpegWill add much needed Experience & brings the physical side to the table … Coventry fans rate him very highly which is always a great sign ….

47B3D182-371A-4E89-98D7-B1D97E1817FD.jpeg

Wtf wrote that list? If that's last season's list then van hecke would be way above most of those players.  Was it someone writing up random names?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JHRover said:

So the manager says we are now down to 3 new signings as what is to be expected. We've been talking about 5-6 and the manager was boasting we'd definitely have a stronger squad come deadline day. I can't see that.

Expect it to be 2 by the time next week comes around. If that is Hyam, Caulker and one another that is abysmal.

6 signings in total, yeah? Plus another 1 or 2 if BBD goes and promotion of the likes of Phillips, Carter, Adam Wharton, Garrett and Vale into the first team set up?

Numbers seem right to me…🤷🏽‍♂️

• Like 3

I’m just ready for us to get back the form we had, vs swansea, ha. 

I am trying not to be too gloomy… so long as we’re not on the short end of another 3-0 job. 

Stoke get a new manager bounce, I don’t pick against us at home, but I’m seeing 1-1 tomorrow. 

COYB! 

16 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

You are replacing squad members who've left, with existing squad members...and claiming we have a stronger squad? 

Exactly. I don't think there's much point trying to reason with someone who thinks we're stronger after losing ten players and bringing in three

Of those ten, five were fairly key members of the first x1 last season and I'd venture to suggest we've replaced one of those five.  (Nyambe)

Of the other five, it's probably not unreasonable to say they either didn't contribute much or were downright crap. No matter how bad those five were though, if no-one comes into replace them, you can't say we look stronger as a result!

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

6 signings in total, yeah? Plus another 1 or 2 if BBD goes and promotion of the likes of Phillips, Carter, Adam Wharton, Garrett and Vale into the first team set up?

Numbers seem right to me…🤷🏽‍♂️

Let's say we get Caulker and Hyam.  Do you feel the squad is well balanced? Better or worse than last year?

3 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Exactly. I don't think there's much point trying to reason with someone who thinks we're stronger after losing ten players and bringing in three

Of those ten, five were fairly key members of the first x1 last season and I'd venture to suggest we've replaced one of those five.  (Nyambe)

Of the other five, it's probably not unreasonable to say they either didn't contribute much or were downright crap. No matter how bad those five were though, if no-one comes into replace them, you can't say we look stronger as a result!

But what you have also got to take into account, is the effect the manager has.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Who is 'we' though? You mean people on here, right? Because the only time I've seen the club say 5-6 was when GB and JDT came in. Since then we've recruited 3, so another 3 is perfectly consistent with what they said. If you or anyone else was expecting 9 in total when they said 6, more fool you.

I'll assess whether we are stronger, weaker or the same as a squad after the window closes. Depends on if the 3 left are quality, but we will be left with less experienced players in total regardless. If they are good enough we might end up stronger in our first 11 and bench when everyone is fit, but thinner when injuries bite, relying on youth players to step up (which they may...or may not). For now though we are definitely weaker and signings need making ASAP.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, unleaded said:

More then happy with Hyman … GB has done well there ….looking like a done deal

If you rate Hyman that makes me feel a lot better about that particular deal. Be happier when it's confirmed though.

Memo to Gav and JH: That would be £6.5m spent so far this window? Shame there was no money made available. 

🙂

• Like 2