BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

8 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Riis is more of an example, but you are dismissing him to suggest a player who scored less in the league below. Hirst would be underwhelming, particularly on loan.

How much have you seen of Birmancevic to suggest him so strongly?

I like Riis as a player but I don't like the fee PNE wanted. 

I didn't suggested Hirst a potential signing did I so please making this BS up again and read the forum properly. It was posted on here by Glen Mullan as our interest in him and Elliott Jackson did a Lancs Live article on him being a live target

7 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

That wasn't the question

its questions most of us don't know

5 minutes ago, Mercer said:

We didn't!

The lad chose Schalke as I said he would less than an hour ago.

well that's what the LT is saying! 

9 minutes ago, Mercer said:

There have to be better options out there.

We need a speedy resolution to Brereton.  IMO, we need to sell him today or accept he's leaving next summer for nowt.  What we don't want is a sale on Thursday.

I agree. For me it's already far too late for this window. He must not be sold.

If we were mid table come January there would still be a possibility of selling him unless he was set on going abroad of which there's currently no indication.

Wonder when the last time the Club engaged with him about the possibility of a new contract was? Not been much about it in the press.

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

It's not about writing a player off. It's about having an opinion on a players credentials. Rumours of him signing at this stage are tenuous at best, so raising any doubts over the link don't have to be some venomous criticism of the club. Would you have suggested Hirst had this link not emerged?

I would love to know what Rev is basing his opinion on? 

Rumours of us are tenuous? It been reported on here yesterday by 2 different people and Elliott Jackson of Lancs Live. and we have been linked with a couple of times over the summer. hardly Tenuous are they?

4 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I agree. For me it's already far too late for this window. He must not be sold.

If we were mid table come January there would still be a possibility of selling him unless he was set on going abroad of which there's currently no indication.

Wonder when the last time the Club engaged with him about the possibility of a new contract was? Not been much about it in the press.

Someone told me that the club "has not opened talks" with him and that the lad, himself, "wants to stay"......

Hmmm...

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Brereton is not a left winger by any stretch of the imagination. A  winger beats his full back and bangs in crosses - which Brereton does not do. He's a left-sided forward 

Correct, same with Gally on the right.

Funny how you never hear Liverpool fans call Salah a right winger?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

Someone told me that the club "has not opened talks" with him and that the lad, himself, "wants to stay"......

Hmmm...

Not the first time I've heard that.

• Like 1

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

32 Championship appearances no goals.

so you form a opinion on just that stat. wow. 

Plenty of clips of his goals, performances on loan when he was at Sheffield Wednesday, Leicester City and Portsmouth

I rather form an opinion based on seeing him action on the pitch and in clips then just basing it on one stat that is 18 months old. 

Just now, Sweaty Gussets said:

I think someone said he only started 4 games. 

Still, who needs context when you've already made up your mind🤔

I've changed my mind. Impressive stats.

🙄

He's not a 19 year old with potential either like BBD was when we signed him. He's what, 23?

Bit like hoping Gally at age 27 will suddenly become a prolific striker when he's only ever reached double figures once.

3 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I've changed my mind. Impressive stats.

🙄

He's not a 19 year old with potential either like BBD was when we signed him. He's what, 23?

Bit like hoping Gally at age 27 will suddenly become a prolific striker when he's only ever reached double figures once.

And with that the world is a fairer and more just place. Bravo!

9 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

so you form a opinion on just that stat. wow. 

Plenty of clips of his goals, performances on loan when he was at Sheffield Wednesday, Leicester City and Portsmouth

I rather form an opinion based on seeing him action on the pitch and in clips then just basing it on one stat that is 18 months old. 

If you have a leak in your house and the same plumber has 32 goes at repairing it without success then what would you think!?

Only a d1ckhead would give the same plumber 32 opportunities but you get my drift.

• Like 3

I think the SVB saga just shows how transfers can be on/off just like that, and its never properly on until its announced as done.

Its not a new thing, its just this one has been played out more within the media and supporter base, than others. The club at no point ever indicated publically it was on or off, although its widely accepted by most of us it was likely to happen.

Waiting for players until the said club has either signed a replacement or injury crisis has cleared up is common, but with it you always run the risk others can come in and gazump you.

Hirst will be interesting now, as i was told that was done, given he didnt play for the under 23s after that, then im not sure why we aint got another sticker in the album yet?

Going back to Styles, I was told it was adds ons that were the issue, and the agent didnt think it be an issue. Rovers confirmed he was a target, but some 3 weeks later, it hasnt happened and Styles continues to play for his club. You could say thats similar to BBD, as no one has met our conditions yet and remains available for selection.

The deals done to date show we have a budget, some that havent happened YET, could fall in the category of us/them needing other things to fall into place which triggers the "all systems go"

• Like 8

40 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Big decision by Rovers to withdraw from SVDB deal. Question is what do they do now? Look for another one or put faith in Carter instead. Maybe we already have another player line up here and that was we withdraw from it. Rovers and Broughton will have plenty of players they are looking at and it will be interested what ones they go for

5 PL teams interested. I think he go Everton myself 

I think we've withdrawn from it in as much as he's chosen Schalke and we've sulked and said "yeah, well, we didn't want him anyway". 

Obviously we've been shafted late on that deal.

• Like 1

• Backroom
35 minutes ago, Galgaterover10 said:

Almost like a completely new football structure has been put in place in the summer and the new manager has only had 8 games in charge!

when did football fans become so short sighted? If you lose one game the world is ending, can’t remember when it started but fans are miles worse than they use to be.

the best manager in the world pep with unlimited funds at city scraped 4th on the last day of the season his first season in charge. Losing your head because we’ve lost 3 in a row, we’ve also won 3 in a row. 

I keep looking at it as 'we'd gone WLWLWL, how would I feel?' and I'd have been fine with it.

Equally, I'd feel good if it were LLLWWW, but the recency effect hurts.

As long as we curb it sharpish and hit a reasonable run of form for this season (WDLWDL etc) I'll be content. Just hope we kick on.

• Like 8