BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

1 minute ago, JoeH said:

It means they give the lad a new contract and stick a valuation on his head. We loan him to try him out and if we agree with their valuation, they accept it in principle, in advance. The lad can then decide if he wants to come.

It's like a release clause with a try before you buy stuck onto the beginning. 

I think he was being sarcastic.

1 minute ago, JoeH said:

It means they give the lad a new contract and stick a valuation on his head. We loan him to try him out and if we agree with their valuation, they accept it in principle, in advance. The lad can then decide if he wants to come.

It's like a release clause with a try before you buy stuck onto the beginning. 

Sorry Joe, was being sarcy

3 minutes ago, XLM said:

This is the most painful conversation I've ever read. If he isn't worth £5m when it comes to paying it, we don't pay it. If he is, we do

But what if he is, but he isn't?

4 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

As i said yesterday, i'm leaning towards that deal happening.

Seem to have a good record of enquiring, waiting, re visiting a few weeks later and having a better hand to negotiate deals. Let’s hope they are doing that for Callum Styles too, Glen. Any chance of you getting in contact with the Barnsley side agent again?

19 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Exactly.  2.5 million would have been a gamble worth taking if he had a good season but 5 million is Premier league money. That's money better spent on more areas of the team

Have you looked at Premier League transfer fees today. There are players I’ve never heard of going for £70 million.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, XLM said:

This is the most painful conversation I've ever read. If he isn't worth £5m when it comes to paying it, we don't pay it. If he is, we do

OK then. Since no-one has been willing to quantify it, what does he actually have to do to justify us paying a fee of £5m in 12 months time?

Negligible chance of that happening imo therefore there must be far better deals we can pursue elsewhere.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Have you looked at Premier League transfer fees today. There are players I’ve never heard of going for £70 million.

What I mean is Premier league money in relation to us. We haven't really a pot to piss in yet we would gamble 5 million on a player that might not work out long term

1 minute ago, RevidgeBlue said:

OK then. Since no-one has been willing to quantify it, what does he actually have to do to justify us paying a fee of £5m in 12 months time?

Negligible chance of that happening imo therefore there must be far better deals we can pursue elsewhere.

He has to score 50 goals by Christmas or we're being massively ripped off. Is that what you want to hear? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

Jamal Lewis possible loan interest, trying to get better source, dont know a lot about him.

Left back i think, is/was he from Norwich? Quality if he's the one I'm thinking of

Is it a loan to buy? If so can you just say the agreed price is a bag of balls. It will save a lot of hassle. 

4 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

Jamal Lewis possible loan interest, trying to get better source, dont know a lot about him.

Crikey, that’d be a statement

21 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

Double sticker today?

Just on Hirst, Leicester value him at £5 million, that does not mean the pre-agreed fee is £5 million.

We dont know if there is a loan fee, we dont know the wage contribution.

Lets wait for official announcement 

The main question, if there is 2 in today is do we get a 10 minute warning or 2 x 5 minute warnings ???🤣

2 hours ago, TheKitGuy said:

Was actually me, was seeing how many people would bullsh*t that they've seen him near the STC or that they have several connections etc.. worked a treat and everyone got themselves in a worry we had set our sights on a 'marquee' signing... 

Not everyone though. I for one certainly didn't buy your nonsense and told you so