BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

6 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Only worry on last night was JDT's interview did seem a come and get him regarding Brereton. 

It seemed to be more talking the price up rather than 'we would prefer it if he stayed'.

You're probably reading too much into it. You can tell that he's absolutely had enough of the Brereton questions every bloody interview now, man just wants to talk about games rather than transfers 

• Like 3

I suspect we'll be entertaining a few last ditch/desperate bids for BBD today. It would be mental for Broughton not to have a replacement lined up, a few of the deals we've done already seem to have been first spoken about months ago and we've just waited it out to get our targets. I can only assume he's done the same with a potential Diaz replacement and if an acceptable bid comes in, we can just press the button and go.

Be nice to get rid of some of the deadwood if possible as well, Butterworth & JRC spring to mind

45 minutes ago, Gav said:

Exactly what Mowbray used to do, they both know we've very little budget and no strength in depth.

I'm torn on selling Diaz, a club like ours cannot afford to keep letting quality players leave for free, but on the other hand an injured Diaz for a significant part of last season meant we couldn't score goals, we ended up for the most part in relegation form.

We won't go up this season, thats for sure, but will we go down? Possibly and that becomes a stronger possibility without Diaz.

That's my train of thought too.  Said last night, no-one else in the squad will score more than 6 or 7 goals.  Brereton is still the only one that can run in behind a defence - no surprise that Dack in his natural position had the ability to find him.   Even with BBD, I can't see us challenging the top 6, so you've got to make a calculated risk - is it worth £15 - £20m if it means we COULD get in to a relegation scrap. 

In fact, pre-game they showed a few extremely damning stats of just how blunt we had been all season.  Last night incidentally we created more chances than we had all season, but BBD was still central in everything good that we did going forward.  Without him I'd fear for us. 

TpNaSM2w.thumb.png.d3e1dc280e32e9f21f8b0b16a50c43ba.png

Edited by Jimmy612

32 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Pickering did look okay, but Wharton was the reason behind this.

People writing off Bowler after 1 game 😂 he is unbelievable.

Yeh he's a terrific player - great feet.  Testament to our group that we managed to nullify him as well as we did - Pickering, Wharton, Diaz.  

1 minute ago, Tugay-is-God said:

Rich Sharpe saying that Bowler won't be coming here, even if he might leave Blackpool today.

The only way I could see him coming here is if Forest don't firm up their interest and we sell BBD.

Forest have been signing plenty of players, don't think money will be an issue for them.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

I have made my mind up, he's poor.  Not being as bad as usual doesn't make him good all of a  sudden. 

He got forward once and ran the ball out.

You should have said earlier, it was pointless even having the conversation. 

• Like 1

Similar to what I said earlier, I just don't think we can sell Brereton at this stage.

I don't think there's time to replace, and even if we have them lined up it only takes one club to pull the plug and it leaves us desperately short up front. Last night was even more proof of what he brings to the team.

We've spent money this window without his sale, and replaced the 3 that have left, 2 of which will turn out better than what left imo. Frustrating that we couldn't use the money to strengthen rather than to replace but it is what it is. If we get similar budgets next season, we should be in a strong position come this time next year on the pitch.

It's a poor business decision by the V's to hold out for their valuation and let him walk free, but it's an absolute necessity on the football side of it. Players like him aren't often bought and sold at this level, they're built up to it. One of the best I've seen at this level in recent years.

1 hour ago, Hasta said:

Only worry on last night was JDT's interview did seem a come and get him regarding Brereton. 

It seemed to be more talking the price up rather than 'we would prefer it if he stayed'.

I mean he's played at a level only perhaps Wharton and Phillips will be able to dream of.

He knows how football works - money talks.