BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

4 minutes ago, neophox said:

Rovers wont sell BBD for under £20m. Either we get £20m for him in this window or he will stay.

We can’t afford to do that though because he’ll just leave on a free. He can pre-sign for a foreign club in January for nothing! We can’t afford to keep missing out on multi million pound sales.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, JohnD said:

A fully fit Dack couldn't play a high press game.

Yes in League one we were quite impressive and Dack and Armstrong pressed high winning alot of balls higher up the pitch... for me other players can win the ball and Dack can be the playmaker providing great passes and scoring some winning goals.

12 minutes ago, The Gull said:

Liverpool friends telling me Tyler Morton will sign for us on loan shortly. 

They tell me he’s a tidy player, probably needs to beef up a little but high hopes for him, plays in midfield, holding midfielder rather than attacking. 

Friend of mine is a big Liverpool fan and told me last week there are a couple of young players at Liverpool who would be worth taking on loan - one was Morton (think he's had about a dozen first team starts and still only 19) and also Quansah a centre back who they have very high hopes of and has already made the bench for the first team on occasions. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

Coughlin had so much potential and talent but, IMO, sadly wasted it.  He could and should have been a top flight player.  Sadly, I don't think he had the mindset of a professional athlete as your tale indicates.  Tragically, the lad passed away in his fifties.

We should have a separate thread for players who have died young (ish).

1 minute ago, Galgaterover10 said:

We can’t afford to do that though because he’ll just leave on a free. He can pre-sign for a foreign club in January for nothing! We can’t afford to keep missing out on multi million pound sales.

Think BBD is very highly rated up in the hierarchy at Venkys so they wont sell him for peanuts. They are quite hard to deal with when they decide something.

7 minutes ago, neophox said:

Rovers wont sell BBD for under £20m. Either we get £20m for him in this window or he will stay.

and lose him for peanuts in Jan or feck all in July next year.

It's madness and can't go on.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, The Gull said:

Liverpool friends telling me Tyler Morton will sign for us on loan shortly. 

They tell me he’s a tidy player, probably needs to beef up a little but high hopes for him, plays in midfield, holding midfielder rather than attacking. 

Paul Joyce (The Times) reporting this is done

10 minutes ago, Galgaterover10 said:

Presume that means styles isn’t happening? Rich Sharpe suggested we’d be replacing the main departures with new signings and using academy lads for the fringe players. So in his view only signing 1 centre mid, I’d rather Styles on a permanent then another Liverpool youngster on loan.

Styles could be seen as LWB. 

I hope it isn't true about Morton looks a good prospect but we have our own academy lads to give minutes too and no doubt Liverpool will want Morton playing and if playing with a midfield 2 then it will be Buckley and Travis starting

Dack was arguably one of if not the best player in the championship the first season or so we came up. Obviously two big injuries later he might never reach that level again. But he scores goals and gets in good positions. Whether he presses or is mobile enough is another issue.

With two years left on his deal and very unlikely that any team will be in for him, it makes sense to keep him around. Even if for the last ten minutes. He is a dogged who even if not having the best game will win fouls and draw defenders. He was brilliant at keeping the ball at the corner flag and running the clock down. 

• Like 1

Morton is way ahead of Clarkson at Liverpool, he's had a few games with the first team and wasn't too bad but clearly the business end of the premiership / champions league is not his level yet. I think championship will be a good tester for him. 

• Like 2

• J*B changed the title to The 2022 Summer Tyler Transfer Window L
4 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Styles can play all over he isn't predominantly a centre mid.

Although iv only seen Morton a cpl of times himself and Styles are chalk n cheese.Totally different type of player 

I was just going on rich sharpes view that we will only sign 1 centre mid to replace rothwell, so assume this is the 1 centre mid. 

• J*B changed the title to The 2022 Summer Tyler Transfer Window
13 minutes ago, Galgaterover10 said:

I was just going on rich sharpes view that we will only sign 1 centre mid to replace rothwell, so assume this is the 1 centre mid. 

Rich Sharpe's view.The club won't have told him the exact number of players we will bring in or position and he did say the club will at "least" replace the players from the starting line up last season

The season Barnsley finished 5th Styles played LWB the majority of that season,I wouldn't think Morton being brought in would hinder a move for styles if it Is happening 

11 minutes ago, Galgaterover10 said:

I am pretty sure Sharpe is just guessing based on rumours. So far we are keeping everything we are doing under wraps, so he has as much idea as we do.

According to a lot of reports, JDT is wanting to play a midfield 3. Whether that be with an advanced midfielder in a 4231 or a 532 remains to be seen.

If that's true, we need 2 CM's as well as keeping Garrett in my opinion. You need 2 for every position.

If it's to be 5 at the back it also means we need 2 CB's and not just one.

Recruitment should be based on system!

6 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

According to a lot of reports, JDT is wanting to play a midfield 3. Whether that be with an advanced midfielder in a 4231 or a 532 remains to be seen.

If that's true, we need 2 CM's as well as keeping Garrett in my opinion. You need 2 for every position.

If it's to be 5 at the back it also means we need 2 CB's and not just one.

Recruitment should be based on system!

Yeah but was hoping we would be moving away from taking this type of player on loan a kid with minimal experience.

According to Nixon our competition was Oxford who had a chance at the deal due to being able to promise minutes.

I hope we haven't given a guarantee over a certain amount of gametime but we will have 

• Like 1