BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

20 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

I think we do need a proper central striker who can play back to goal if we're going to play a narrow front four. Thought this tactical analysis was good : https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/football-news/blackburn-rovers-tomasson-team-pressing-24639177?fbclid=IwAR0mj3IdRkBX6YF74ESabXNot69DeQMjmPvQbKNi6Ur8jk4pvWUBNFrZ1LA

Part of the issue with our forward play breaking down on Saturday is there was no focus for forward passing. Hedges, Vale, Dolan, Gallagher, Brereton all want to face the ball and carry it. You can't have all four of your front players doing that but be setup to play narrow one twos. You need someone to be comfortable playing back to goal and bringing others in.

Whats surprising though is we haven't been linked to any target men at all, so maybe that isn't the plan? Or maybe we will play that way without a target man, but it just seems a bit odd?

That said centre back is the critical priority. We need 1 in perm and 1 in loan ASAP. Ayala could go down any second, and Wharton has had his fair share of injury issues also. 

I read the article from Elliott Jackson and excellent piece article on how we want to play under JDT. 

I don't think we need a target man at all. We need a pressing striker if BBD does go which is far from certain that will happen. Otherwise I wouldn't sign another player after Szmodics, Morton, Styles and CB. (if Szmodics, Morton and Styles all sign here)

Edited by chaddyrovers

• Herbie6590 changed the title to Transfer Window - Used Range Rover For Sale…
2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I read the article from Elliott Jackson and excellent piece article on how we want to play under JDT. 

I don't think we need a target man at all. We need a pressing striker if BBD does go which is far from certain that will happen. Otherwise I wouldn't sign another player after Szmodics, Styles and CB. (if Szmodics and Styles both sign here)

So potentially from 6 to 4 signings will do?

Just now, Finlay McKenna said:

Promisingly anonymous for a young lad 

Was he? Aside from one flick to Brittain, he did nothing really and he looked overawed.

And "for a young lad" cannot be the benchmark when he is fighting for a place in an area where we have various options, but I think that is the problem when judging him. In terms of the here and now, if he is to stay around the team, he should be judged equally in comparison to anyone else, not with the caveat of him being a "young lad."

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I always said 6 signings.

We signed Callum Brittain. Its appears we close to sign Sammie Szmodics from what we hear. Tyler Morton is on his way from Liverpool according to media reports behind the deadline. @Phillhas said Callum Styles should sign here by end of the week. Then we need centre back signing and replacement striker/forward if Ben Brereton does leave but that is far from certain he will be leaving here. 

4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Was he? Aside from one flick to Brittain, he did nothing really and he looked overawed.

And "for a young lad" cannot be the benchmark when he is fighting for a place in an area where we have various options, but I think that is the problem when judging him. In terms of the here and now, if he is to stay around the team, he should be judged equally in comparison to anyone else, not with the caveat of him being a "young lad."

Give it a few months. In January it will be a case of "I think Vale could do with going out on loan to L1". He's flavour of the month right now just because he's a young lad from the Academy.

Saturday was enough for me. He isn't the answer. We need two forwards as we look incredibly blunt upfront. We can't rely on 30 yarders to bail us out every game. I thought we were shockingly short of creativity the other day and did not look like scoring from open play.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

We definitely need 6-7 more signings and I would prefer them all to be permanent signings.  A couple of injuries and the squad is looking very bare.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

Give it a few months. In January it will be a case of "I think Vale could do with going out on loan to L1". He's flavour of the month right now just because he's a young lad from the Academy.

Saturday was enough for me. He isn't the answer. We need two forwards as we look incredibly blunt upfront. We can't rely on 30 yarders to bail us out every game. I thought we were shockingly short of creativity the other day and did not look like scoring from open play.

blimey it was the 1st game of the season and if you look at all results over the weekend in the championship its very tight and close league. JDT is bringing a new style and way he wants us to press from the front. This will take time and patience from us fans to allow this happen. 

I think Jack Vale should be part of our first team squad and improve and develop under JDT's management. I won't be changing my opinion on it

Edited by chaddyrovers

3 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

I get the same impression...He was out muscled very easily...Not sure how quick he actually is, but he doesn't look rapid...Also his height isn't in his favour...Seems like a good lad, but if we want to be progressing then i personally would stick him out on loan or for him to be a backup.

I'm all up for being proven wrong btw

I feel like we may go for a loan option upfront personally.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Or you could allow the player and family to chose where they want to live that suits their family and personal needs. what with the all dictatorship Jim? 

When you're paying a player anywhere up to £1 million a year it's not unreasonable to ask someone to live near their place of employment and connecting with the club and the supporters

I wouldn't sign anyone who insisted on him and him family continuing to live 200 plus miles away

8 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

Yeah it is a tough one for him but he certainly struggled. The main issue for me is that if we don't sign a striker, Gallagher is not good enough to be our main one if we genuinely want to improve.

Vale is seemingly being judged by different standards, constantly with the caveat of "for a young lad."

I purposely see potentially more merit in a loan spell to see if he can score goals regularly in League 1 or 2, but regardless of his immediate future, we need a striker.

4 minutes ago, rigger said:

Burns.

Preferably someone with a bit more of a track record above 2 goals in 15 League 2 appearances.

8 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I always said 6 signings.

We signed Callum Brittain. Its appears we close to sign Sammie Szmodics from what we hear. Tyler Morton is on his way from Liverpool according to media reports behind the deadline. @Phillhas said Callum Styles should sign here by end of the week. Then we need centre back signing and replacement striker/forward if Ben Brereton does leave but that is far from certain he will be leaving here. 

I didn't realise that you was including Morton, so tallies up more numerically.

Don't see Styles signing and certainly not by the end of the week.

8 minutes ago, phili said:

We definitely need 6-7 more signings and I would prefer them all to be permanent signings.  A couple of injuries and the squad is looking very bare.

We certainly look thin on the ground, a couple of injuries and we would really look light.

13 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

But we did score from open play ?

1 minute ago, islander200 said:

He pressed alright.No dispute we need another striker BUT young players need a run of games as seen before here and elsewhere.Buckley got better and better with gametime as did others.

Did he? And we can't afford to just give him a run of games unless he merits continued selection. Buckley didn't get that, he was in and out.

Maybe like Wharton, that regular initial gametime could come elsewhere initially.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Did he? And we can't afford to just give him a run of games unless he merits continued selection. Buckley didn't get that, he was in and out.

Maybe like Wharton, that regular initial gametime could come elsewhere initially.

Or we could give him a few more games before we rule him not good enough

No offence but you been wrong enough plenty of times Buckley being the prime example.

And exactly Buckley was poor mostly when he was in and out only when he had a consistent run of games did he start proving his worth 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, islander200 said:

Or we could give him a few more games before we rule him not good enough

No offence but you been wrong enough plenty of times Buckley being the prime example.

And exactly Buckley was poor mostly when he was in and out only when he had a consistent run of games did he start proving his worth 

I have never said that he is not good enough.

It's a big ask for him to come into a Championship side and play regularly and he really struggled at the weekend in my opinion, and I believe that any judgement has been caveated with him being a young Academy lad since.

All I am saying is that he shouldn't just be given a run of games because the most important thing is results, not his development. If he does well both objectives will align. As it is, like Gallagher who was also poor, I would take both players out with a few different players all on the fringes waiting for starts in that front 4.

I don't get why you regularly comment on my quotes if you seemingly thing my judgement is so poor, but that is a separate issue.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I have never said that he is not good enough.

It's a big ask for him to come into a Championship side and play regularly and he really struggled at the weekend in my opinion, and I believe that any judgement has been caveated with him being a young Academy lad since.

All I am saying is that he shouldn't just be given a run of games because the most important thing is results, not his development. If he does well both objectives will align. As it is, like Gallagher who was also poor, I would take both players out with a few different players all on the fringes waiting for starts in that front 4.

I don't get why you regularly comment on my quotes if you seemingly thing my judgement is so poor, but that is a separate issue.

You quote my posts enough.And you quote everything Chaddy puts on here usually rubbishing his view point.

He wasnt great at the weekend but did we create anything for him?His finishing is one of his biggest strengths.

All I'm saying is after one game ,it's too early to make a judgement by me you or anybody else on here.Jdt worked with him over a month and he saw fit to give him a start.

• Like 2