BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

24 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Lets not pretend that we were a different attacking proposition just because you hate Mowbray, to clarify it is a work in progress and only results matter. But aside from a Travis goal from nowhere and a couple of half chances, we struggled to create. 

Sorry I wasn't clear, I meant that due to the general nature of some of our play we looked to have a lot more potential "going forward" I.e. "looking to the future". I didn't mean we were dynamite going forward in an attacking sense yesterday, indeed we looked quite toothless up front  which is why I don't think we can afford to lose BBD without getting 2 quality replacements in.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Sorry I wasn't clear, I meant that due to the general nature of some of our play we looked to have a lot more potential "going forward" I.e. "looking to the future". I didn't mean we were dynamite going forward in an attacking sense yesterday, indeed we looked quite toothless up front  which is why I don't think we can afford to lose BBD without getting 2 quality replacements in.

My mistake. Even then, I wouldn't say it was anything we didn't see numerous times at Ewood last season. Results are the important thing though, so a great start on that front.

Totally agree on attacking replacements. A key priority is to sign a striker regardless of Brereton's future as he plays from the left although it becomes heightened if a key attacking goal threat leaves. We need more than Gallagher and Vale as central strikers, im sure we strongly agree on that.

14 minutes ago, Mike E said:

I'll hold off judgement on most things til the end of the window, including the Sack situation.

I'd have thought JDT's playing career could be exactly what Dack can learn from. Very similar type of player.

Bit harsh to sack the manager after one game one win!

🙂

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Mike E said:

I'll hold off judgement on most things til the end of the window, including the Dack situation.

I'd have thought JDT's playing career could be exactly what Dack can learn from. Very similar type of player.

We'll have to wait and see if there is a genuine "Dack stuation" or whether it's a figment of people's imagination.

After yesterday's game, assuming JDT has 2 eyes in his head and isn't someone who "should have gone to Specsavers," I'd be rather more worried if I was Gallagher than Dack.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Galgaterover10 said:

I said this on here last night, I sit right by the dugout and at the end JDT shook hands with everyone on the bench and gave them a hug. Dack didn’t embrace him and barely touched his hand then went straight down the tunnel while everyone else came on the pitch!

I’ve no issue with players wanting to play but there is ways to go about it. Dack is one of the senior pros in the team it doesn’t set a great example to the young lads does it.

my personal opinion is JDT doesn’t fancy Dack, for whatever reason. I think the smzodics signing proves that because JDT had obviously said to Gregg go out and get me a number 10 that can do X, Y and Z. Personal prediction Dack isn’t a rovers player on 1st September. 

He's going to have to knuckle down because nobody will buy him. 

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, Mike E said:

I'll hold off judgement on most things til the end of the window, including the Dack situation.

Dack is good enough as it is, the major concern is his fitness and mental state after the serious knee injuries he's suffered.

• Like 2

There is likely to be a high turnover of players in the next 12-18 months because the former and current manager are like chalk and cheese…

Anyone who thinks Dack isn’t in trouble after yesterdays match really isn’t reading the signs. Dack is our talisman and highest earner. He played 60 mins in his last game and was overlooked in the starting XI buy a young debutant, then again when that debutant was subbed and then made to watch on whilst his team mates ran themselves into the ground and a manager who didn’t trust him to make an impact or even keep the status quo…from JDT’s post match comments it was 17yr old Adam Wharton who he was considering bringing on, not Dack!

Like I say, there’s always a way back. It’s usually through hard work and guts…let’s see how it unfolds.

• Like 3

He'll get on next week at Swansea (I can't see us holding on to a lead with 20 min to go and will be chasing the game) and will start a few days later against Hartlepool where he'll get MOM. Put him in that front 4 and his class will come through, there's 9 other players that can run around.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

There is likely to be a high turnover of players in the next 12-18 months because the former and current manager are like chalk and cheese…

Anyone who thinks Dack isn’t in trouble after yesterdays match really isn’t reading the signs. Dack is our talisman and highest earner. He played 60 mins in his last game and was overlooked in the starting XI buy a young debutant, then again when that debutant was subbed and then made to watch on whilst his team mates ran themselves into the ground and a manager who didn’t trust him to make an impact or even keep the status quo…from JDT’s post match comments it was 17yr old Adam Wharton who he was considering bringing on, not Dack!

Like I say, there’s always a way back. It’s usually through hard work and guts…let’s see how it unfolds.

It may well turn out that Dack doesn't return to his old self and establish himself but it certainly cannot be concluded from yesterday. He got a slight set back in pre season leaving him without a full game's worth of fitness, so rightly or wrongly was not considered to start. We were then holding on to a lead, had we been chasing then he would have come on. If he did have a bit of a sulk on which is conjecture, he wouldnt be the first to do so having not played.

The Wharton comment was to a specific question about either the need for strengthening or the young make up of our squad in general, you have taken it out of context.

The last sentence implies a lack of application on his part. The only question as far as I am concerned is whether he returns to a similar level after 2 serious knee injuries. If not then it isnt symbolic of an exciting new dawn, it is a crying shame that one of our 2 goal threats will not be back to his best especially with the other 1 set to leave.

Has any context been added to these supposed whispers about training? Where (even if you cant name the individual) did they come from, are they direct from source and if someone is saying such things purely to appease curious fans, I do wonder if Tomasson will cut him away should he ever find out?

• Like 2

Dack's body language says it all really. He knows he's not in favour with the new manager and he's unlikely to get much game time - if any at all. Dack was great for us in his pomp but he's 29, he's missed far too much football over the past few years and he's unlikely to get back to his very best. The championship is probably too fast and competitive for him now. Time for him and us to move on. He needs to find another club.  

• Like 2

He was our best player prior to the injuries, he showed signs of being back to his best after the first but has not started since the 2nd. As a senior player he wont be affordable for teams in lower divisions even if he wanted to go.

The aim has to be to get a tune out of him. If we can he is still our biggest goal threat especially assuming that Brereton will soon depart.

• Like 6

Carter being injured and Ayala being injury prone despite how good he is I’ve gone from thinking we need 1 defender to needing 2 get a perm in and then a loan in, JPVH in on loan would be great just can’t see him coming on a perm.. not for our budget anyway. Morton coming in will be competition and depth to midfield and the lad from peterbrough coming in as cover/comp for number 10 which will provide great options with dack being the bet there atm aswell as hedges, Dolan and Markanday also more than capable of that role. 

bowler would be a fantastic edition too especially if brereton is going, on the subject of brereton if he ain’t gonna sigh a new deal he needs to be sold while we can still make a profit rather than a lenihan/ nyambe/Rothwell situation where his agent has his contract run down and goes for newt or we have to sell for peanuts in January, sell him asap and we can bring in his replacement and more, minus brereton we have Dolan, Markanday, hedges and vale who can play that wide forward role, I don’t include gally cause he isn’t good there and needs to be front and centre so if BBD leaves then we are gonna need bowler and another to have the best depth and quality we can expect from that role if jdt wants to play that system but fortunately unlike mowbraysarus jdt can adapt his system to the teams strengths instead of the square pegs round holes mentality we had ti out yo with for 5 years… sticking anyone anywhere to play the stubborn old clowns stupid daft so called systems

The biggest sign for me that Dack is on his way Or at least relegated to an impact sub role is that we are spending somewhere around 2.5m on a number 10. Given what our budget probably is that’s a decent chunk on it. Can’t see smzodics sitting on the bench if we are spending that on him.

• Like 2

I’m not so certain Dacks lack of involvement is as meaningful as it’s made out to be. He could only play 60 min against against a league one side. He’s certainly not fit for more than 45 min of championship football. With that in mind he was never in contention to start. Maybe a 30 min cameo but with the way the game played out, no changes were necessary. QPR didn’t have a shot on goal and never looked like scoring. No need to change it just to change it. As bad as the front 4 were, and change bringing in a not fit player could have caused more problems. Had we conceded, not scored or had we needed more in the attack im sure Dack would have been brought on. As much quality as he likely still has a path to playing as none of the front 4 impressed. He’ll get his chance and like others will need to take it. The question is does he still have it in him to do so. He’s only started 7 matches in 2.5 years and let’s face it, he wasn’t the most fit of players before his injuries.  Incredible vision and ability but pace and fitness was never hes top attributes. 

Edited by yankfan
  • Like 1

Sam Szmodics achievements are all the more impressive considering his injury record, as referenced in various sources online. In calendar year, 2017, whilst playing for Colchester, he suffered separate injuries of a broken ankle, broken leg and ankle ligament damage. His loan spell at Braintree, the previous season, was interrupted by an ankle injury that required surgery. Last summer, June 2021, he withdrew from his first Ireland national squad inclusion with a recurrence of a shoulder injury, .

He seems resilient and has done very well, it seems, despite this but there is cause for concern about spending big money on him considering his injury record. But, the medical team will presumably, be able to make an accurate call.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Butty said:

Disappointing that Dacky has seemingly thrown his toys out the pram, hopefully it’s just frustration at wanting to be on the pitch and when he does get on the pitch he’s even more determined and takes his chance. He’s one of the more senior players in the team currently and he needs to act like that, maybe part of him is also annoyed that he didn’t get the armband?

Genuine question. Have I missed something where Dack has thrown his toys out the pram?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, riverholmes said:

Sam Szmodics achievements are all the more impressive considering his injury record, as referenced in various sources online. In calendar year, 2017, whilst playing for Colchester, he suffered separate injuries of a broken ankle, broken leg and ankle ligament damage. His loan spell at Braintree, the previous season, was interrupted by an ankle injury that required surgery. Last summer, June 2021, he withdrew from his first Ireland national squad inclusion with a recurrence of a shoulder injury, .

He seems resilient and has done very well, it seems, despite this but there is cause for concern about spending big money on him considering his injury record. But, the medical team will presumably, be able to make an accurate call.

He sounds incredibly injury prone!

🤷‍♂️

• Like 7

Back to business…I’d say we will get 3 signings this week…Liverpool lad, Szmodics & a CB.

Im hoping we’re still in for styles so if we could get him over the line that would be incredible…Also a new number 9.

With interest from Bowler to Forest I think we can put that one to bed.

Edited by BankEnd Rover