BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

42 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

If I was third choice behind Vale and Dolan I’d be upset too. I think Dack needs to be eased back into things, but probably should have been given a few minutes yesterday. JDT won’t appreciate that kind of behaviour though; he’s all about the ‘there’s no I in team’.

Dack isn't a number 9 at all and that why Vale and Dolan played yesterday. 

Plus I don't get why Dack should have been given any game time yesterday given the game situation and we were winning. 

I totally agree on your last point and I don't imagine JDT will be happy about that. I seen a couple of people suggesting Dack doesn't suit JDT's tactics/style of play and then someone posted on here about a falling out between JDT and Dack last week. Doesn't look good at the minute for Dack here

38 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

I thought he looked ok, was pretty lost at times but I’d defo start him at Swansea. He deserves that.

I don't think he look lost at all

27 minutes ago, slowmo said:

Sure there was a chance where bbd took a shot tight angle from the left.  Vale was waiting for a tap in but was ignored. 

agreed. JDT didn't happen by BBD going for go instead of looking for a pass to Vale or Gallagher or flick of QPR player going into the goal

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

I would suggest we need a centre defender who has pace and ball player centre back

I believe he still works at the academy 

Well Callum Styles played as centre midfielder in yesterday game. he is centre midfielder for me not a left back

This is why Styles is the perfect signing for us in paper.

Better than Pickering at LWB.  Can also play cm so cover for Travis/Buckley.

• Like 5

Whilst I understand those saying Ash Phillips should rot, and be nowhere near the 1st team, if he is our 3rd best CB (that's fit) then he should be on the bench, ready to play.

Also, the more appearances and bench time he gets, the greater the eventual tribunal will be if he leaves. Significantly.

Also, maybe treating him like the 3rd best CB (if he already is) might actually encourage him and his people to sign a contract till 2027.

Maybe.

• Like 1

Hard to knock Vale, young lad making his debut after earning it through hard work in pre season and lack of other more experienced choices up front. 

For me he didn't do anything wrong specifically for a centre forward (ie. he didn't miss any easy chances on goal) he just didn't really have any effect the game though, but i don't think he looked too out of place out there for the most part. 

On another day I would have had Dack or Markandy out there wider and gallagher more central... But either way we won the game and made them look pretty poor.  (be interesting to see how boro get on against them next week!) 

2 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Hard to knock Vale, young lad making his debut after earning it through hard work in pre season and lack of other more experienced choices up front. 

For me he didn't do anything wrong specifically for a centre forward (ie. he didn't miss any easy chances on goal) he just didn't really have any effect the game though, but i don't think he looked too out of place out there for the most part. 

On another day I would have had Dack or Markandy out there wider and gallagher more central... But either way we won the game and made them look pretty poor.  (be interesting to see how boro get on against them next week!) 

It's not about knocking him.  He made no impact against what I believe to be one of the divisions poorer sides.  Probably needs another loan but he does have so.e decent attributes....bit early for him that yesterday against a quality central defender in Jake Clarke Salter.

Boro will murder them in my opinion. 

• Like 1

I was sat in line with Dack warming up throughout the match - I didn’t see anything untoward.

In fact, he was laughing when the crowd were chanting for him to get on, can’t remember if he was with Dolan or Edun, but he seemed happy enough.

And again, Vale did absolutely fine yesterday. I’d be surprised if he doesn’t start the next game, JDT obviously likes him.

Oh and the Sammy S deal will be structured like BB’s - smaller initial fee, rest incentivised if we’re successful.

Edited by Andy
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Andy said:

I was sat in line with Dack warming throughout the match - I didn’t see anything untoward.

In fact, he was laughing when the crowd were chanting for him to get on, can’t remember if he was with Dolan or Edun, but he seemed happy enough.

And again, Vale did absolutely fine yesterday. I’d be surprised if he doesn’t start the next game, JDT obviously likes him.

I get the doubts about Dack's physical ability to press like a lunatic for 90 mins, but surely his footballing ability will get him a place in the team once he's a bit fitter. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

I get the doubts about Dack's physical ability to press like a lunatic for 90 mins, but surely his footballing ability will get him a place in the team once he's a bit fitter. 

Yes I agree here...he should have played instead of Vale.  I'd be pissed off too if I was Dack...the lad never got a kick.

Anyone not think that the manager doesn't want to risk Dack picking up an injury whilst he's still coming back from injury?

No point giving him game time just for the sake of it especially if he's not 100%. 

Its also a good thing if he was pissed off about not coming on, it shows a desire to be in amongst it.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Upside Down said:

Anyone not think that the manager doesn't want to risk Dack picking up an injury whilst he's still coming back from injury?

No point giving him game time just for the sake of it especially if he's not 100%. 

Its also a good thing if he was pissed off about not coming on, it shows a desire to be in amongst it.

Hope you're right. A fit Dack playing a full season is pretty much a guarantee of 15 goals. We might need those goals if BBD does one!

I can’t imagine a player of Dack’s ability not playing his part over the course of the season.

I’d have been a lot more concerned had Dack started yesterday, considering his fitness and level of pre season injury.

JDT knows what he’s doing, certainly more informed than any of us in terms of who is ready to play.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Funny how people have different opinions…I wouldn’t start Vale…I personally don’t think he’s strong enough for the championship (I think a loan out would help him massively) …It’s not Like he has a lot of pace either to help…something which Dolan does have…I’d start Gally at the top with hedges on the right with Szmodics number 10 at Swansea…

Hate to say it but you can usually tell someone is going to do well, I just don’t see it with Vale…full marks for effort but maybe an impact sub is something which may suit him…saying that I’d rather Dolan/Dack be that option.

Can't believe anyone would criticise Vale on his first appearance but but exempt Gallagher after the latter's quite simply embarrassing performance yesterday.

He offers nothing. That's far more of an issue going forward for JDT to resolve if we want to be successful than Vale having a quiet game on his debut.

• Like 7

18 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Can't believe anyone would criticise Vale on his first appearance but but exempt Gallagher after the latter's quite simply embarrassing performance yesterday.

He offers nothing. That's far more of an issue going forward for JDT to resolve if we want to be successful than Vale having a quiet game on his debut.

Sorry pal, If you read some of my other posts then you’ll find I’ve not exempting gally at all…I think him & Pickering were, by far, the worse players on the pitch…

Gallagher for me has to start ahead of vale at a Number 9 instead of being on the RW.

In an ideal world i wouldn’t have Gally at all, but if we’re utilising him then he’s a number 9…He has the advantage of Height, Strength & probably pace over Vale…that’s the only positives I have to say about Sam.

Maybe Vale on the RW would suit him better? 

Edited by BankEnd Rover
  • Like 1

I would imagine that Jack Vale did pretty much everything Tomasson wanted from him given the way he wants to play. He pressed, was mobile and closed down from the front and on several occasions dropped deeper as Tomasson rotated his front players. He was naive on a couple of occasions and was out muscled a few times but in my view he can be pleased with his debut.

• Like 8

I think most of us would agree that even after one game there looks to be be a lot more potential going forward under JDT than Mowbray.

But come on for Christ's sake the Club need to give him the raw  materials to do the job. We got away with it yesterday, but It seems to me that we would be absolutely stuffed  if we get a serious injury to Travis, Brereton or Kaminsky. We would also be struggling if either Scott Wharton or Ayala were out for a considerable period which you have to say is more likely than not in Ayala's case. Added to that Pickering's form appears to have fallen off a cliff and we could do with a better LB if we want to be challenging. (Which if QPR are indicative of the standard in the Championsip this year, should be possible)

So let's not repeat the mistake of January when we failed to bring in cover for BBD and tanked as a result.

CM

Decent striker (2 if BBD leaves)

CB

LB 

Back up keeper

Come on Waggott and Broughton, pull your fingers out and get the job done. No more weak excuses, it's obvious where we need strengthening.

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Sorry pal, If you read some of my other posts then you’ll find I’ve not exempting gally at all…I think him & Pickering were, by far, the worse players on the pitch…

Gallagher for me has to start ahead of vale at a Number 9 instead of being on the RW.

In an ideal world i wouldn’t have Gally at all, but if we’re utilising him then he’s a number 9…He has the advantage of Height, Strength & probably pace over Vale…that’s the only positives I have to say about Sam.

Maybe Vale on the RW would suit him better? 

Can't agree. Gallagher offers nothing. I'd rather persist with Vale out of the two although I would say bringing in a decent striker should be a priority - just as it should have been in January also.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

I think the focus should always be on the needs of the team. If he’s not the right fit then HE must change to fit, NEVER the other way around.

Relaxing team standards for any one individual, even a top performer results in the whole process collapsing.

Stick to your guns JDT, let’s pray Dack changes for us! 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

I think the focus should always be on the needs of the team. If he’s not the right fit then HE must change to fit, NEVER the other way around.

Relaxing team standards for any one individual, even a top performer results in the whole process collapsing.

Stick to your guns JDT, let’s pray Dack changes for us! 

You seem to be accepting as fact that Dack isn't playing because JDT thinks he doesn't fit his system, rather than just not being fit enough yet. 

3 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

You seem to be accepting as fact that Dack isn't playing because JDT thinks he doesn't fit his system, rather than just not being fit enough yet. 

I think that's a fair summation.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

I think the two points you mention are intrinsically linked.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sparks Rover said:

It's not about knocking him.  He made no impact against what I believe to be one of the divisions poorer sides.  Probably needs another loan but he does have so.e decent attributes....bit early for him that yesterday against a quality central defender in Jake Clarke Salter.

Boro will murder them in my opinion. 

Believe it or not. Not all post on here are directed at you specifically!

I don't really care for your opinion as i could simply predict it if i wish so (just as most can predict chuddys bum lickery at the other end of the spectrum)