BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season tickets 2022/23

• Backroom
48 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

I think that’s how they initially spun it, I.e if a non existing ST holder had bought your seat, they’d be turfed out and found somewhere else, but I don’t think that was actually the case.

This is what happens when you farcically rip up your own policy in the middle of the sales period and try and reinstate a claim your seat deadline after other people have had chance to claim it!

Complete shambles from day one.

That’s what happened with us, they said on twitter we’d get our old seats back and whoever took it would as a gesture get their new seats at the reduced ‘loyalty’ price. They also said anyone in this scenario would be contacted directly - that didn’t happen  

They then changed the article online to remove reference to it and when we went into store to renew said we couldn’t have our old seats but could have some much worse ones 

We decided against it; shoddy handling at best and just an example of left hand not knowing what right hand was doing 

• Like 2

So they’ve lost two (and how many more?) long standing ST holders there due to their own incompetence.

I honestly don’t know if there is a club out there so commercially inept. But still ‘things are much better’, so that’s a relief.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Upside Down said:

When you say scum are you referring to the people that have exploited the loyal supporters of their club by charging them a ludicrous price for tickets, almost double that of some of our nearest neighbours, during a world wide cost of living crisis?

Because yes, scum is the right word for them. 

no on this occasion the buffoons who ruin it for the majority trying to be hard

38 minutes ago, Tom said:

That’s what happened with us, they said on twitter we’d get our old seats back and whoever took it would as a gesture get their new seats at the reduced ‘loyalty’ price. They also said anyone in this scenario would be contacted directly - that didn’t happen  

They then changed the article online to remove reference to it and when we went into store to renew said we couldn’t have our old seats but could have some much worse ones 

We decided against it; shoddy handling at best and just an example of left hand not knowing what right hand was doing 

Just another two fingers in the face of the supporters. 

The 2,256 seats now have true visibility of availability. ~7,904 season tickets have been sold, including those that renewed during the loyalty scheme period. The extended loyalty scheme gave ~224 renewals, but possibly more if previous counts included those that renewed but switch seats.

I was hoping for a much bigger boost, but here are some things to consider:

• Some good signings should give some sort of boost;
  • I don't have a picture of sales patterns, so it's possible that a sales boost comes as the season draws closer and it's more at the forefront of people's minds;
  • Some might be waiting for July's pay packet to land before being able to purchase;
  • I assume there will be a period after the season starts where supporters can buy and get reimbursed for any matches they missed, so sales continue after the season starts.

We're averaging ~26 season ticket sales per day. If that remains the case, it means a projection of ~8,658 before our first home game of the season.

I will do the usual update tonight.

• Like 4

Yep, probably c8.5k by the time they go off sale. Pretty much what us ‘know nothings’ on here have been saying for weeks.

So we will scramble to what we finished last season with. And that’s with some good vibes re JDT. Thank Christ TM’s contract happened to run out in 2022 and not 2023 or sales would have been truly horrific.

Two season in a row now we have had tickets ranging from £400 to £530, and both times we are hitting an 8.5k ceiling, and it took a charge to the automatics last season, JDT coming on board bringing a bit of momentum this time to even to get to that pitifully low number.

Another total failure, and we are now a club that has, in the case of Blackpool, stayed par with, and has fallen thousands of ST holders behind Burnley, PNE and Bolton  - imagine saying that the day this lot bought BRFC.

At a functioning club, the CEO would be on a call with the owner this morning having to explain himself, or just clearing his desk. Here?  🤷‍♂️ ‘We did all we can’.

• Like 5

I haven't renewed mine yet as  in my eyes the £30 over a season isn't worth rushing for me the £30 isn't the issue. The issue is the price in the first place 

I miss the first game so don't need to purchase until 13th August. 

So gives me another 6 weeks

I pay now its £18.18  per match I can attend.

Pay in 6 weeks its £19.55 

Season tickets should be a maximum £345 in my eyes.

£15 a game

Then tickets on the day a maximum of £25

• Like 6

I was already angry and disappointed with Rovers as to their season ticket sales and pricing before yesterday, but things have taken a serious turn for the worse.

I logged on last night to renew, last minute, before the deadline so to claim the lower price and my own seat. Rather than be offered my own seat I was offered one 4 rows further forward and about 8 seats further along.

I thought this was strange as I expected to be able to claim my own seat. I was sure i had read that i would be able to and of course the interpretation of "extended deadline" is that the same benefits as before the previous deadline would then be available before the new deadline. One of those benefits being retention of seats.

I went on Rovers' website this morning to try to confirm my suspicions, but curiously the website article announcing the deadline extension on 17th June has been deleted. The link is still there:

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2022/june/17/season-ticket-loyalty-scheme-extended/

But when you click on it the page has gone. How very strange. This sets alarm bells off for me as I wonder why anyone at Rovers would go to the trouble of deleting a story from less than 2 weeks ago unless there is something in there that they don't want the public to see any more. It isn't the case that they are simply 'tidying up' the website as all other ticket articles remain on there including older ones referring to earlier deadlines.

If anyone can find or send me this page it would be much appreciated.

I then went on the Lancashire Telegraph story of the same date:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/20219542.steve-waggott-reveals-blackburn-rovers-season-ticket-sales-figure/

Which clearly states that the deadline to claim seats was extended until 30th June.

Rovers' twitter account also states that anyone whose seat had been claimed by someone else would be contacted by the club in the coming days. I've never been contacted.

There's a big problem here that I am determined to get to the bottom of. I suspect a cover up.

• Like 3

@JHRover, unless I'm mistaken, I believe @Tom posted that he couldn't renew his seat because it had been taken by somebody in between the two loyalty scheme periods. I don't think the club were prepared to move people around that had chosen their seats during that time.

I think the club might have also stated something like this on the website.

Regarding yesterday's article about the deadline from the club, they used the term "close of play". I'm not sure what that means, i.e., 17:00 on the day, or midnight, or something else. They should have posted the exact time, really, unless I missed it.

I doubt you'll be able to get your seat if it was taken before the second loyalty scheme period, but maybe speaking to the ticket office could allow you to get the loyalty scheme renewal price, if not the seat you had.

• Like 1

• Backroom
1 hour ago, Upside Down said:

Just another two fingers in the face of the supporters. 

I mean this was at least in part down to my own lack of desire before the first ‘loyalty’ deadline; someone then snapped up my seats and fair play to them they were good seats and have no qualms about it.

The annoying bit for me was not having the slightest bit of foresight in extending the deadline knowing a manager was incoming; then taking 5 days to announce an extension, then communicating that you can still claim your seat even if someone had taken it, then changing the article about it to make it less clear; then claiming that anyone affected would be contacted then finally when we went into the store after not being contacted we were told they had no idea why they put that in the article as it was never the case and in fact the only option was to choose other seats 

It’s just a shambolic way of doing things and all avoided by someone, anyone with a bit of forward thinking deciding to extend the deadline before the cut off and deal with the Venky box tick later! 

It’s worse than non league standard the way things are done, for balance the chap in the store tried his best with what he is working with but has been dealt a duff hand 

Edited by Tom
  • Like 5

They’ve obviously changed their mind, *again*, and made a decision to not inconvenience those new ST holders, after saying that’s exactly what they would do - so on the flip side they have now upset long standing ST holders with often decades of sitting in a seat. Not a ‘claim your seat deadline’ if your seat has gone.

End of the day, it was unavoidable that either new or renewing ST holders would be losing their seat with the club flip flopping over price and ending then reinstating claim your seat deadlines when all the seats were on open sale.

Another in a long running series of ticketing debacles.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 3

28 minutes ago, goozburger said:

@JHRover, unless I'm mistaken, I believe @Tom posted that he couldn't renew his seat because it had been taken by somebody in between the two loyalty scheme periods. I don't think the club were prepared to move people around that had chosen their seats during that time.

I think the club might have also stated something like this on the website.

Regarding yesterday's article about the deadline from the club, they used the term "close of play". I'm not sure what that means, i.e., 17:00 on the day, or midnight, or something else. They should have posted the exact time, really, unless I missed it.

I doubt you'll be able to get your seat if it was taken before the second loyalty scheme period, but maybe speaking to the ticket office could allow you to get the loyalty scheme renewal price, if not the seat you had.

To be honest I have little interest in renewing at any price if I am sat on my own in a seat that I don't want.

I think the Club has made a monumental mess of this and has actually misled people in its literature and advertisements. The original 'offer' was that existing season ticket holders could renew, claim their seats at the price of £399. The Club has extended this deadline twice and in its literature has made no reference to the terms of that offer changing. I think it was entirely reasonable to interpret 'deadline extension' as meaning the same terms were available, including retention of seats, until 30th June.

If that wasn't the case and the Club was unable to guarantee seat retention then they should have said so in their articles. They should have warned fans of this. I've never been contacted. Perhaps foolishly I went through June quite relaxed knowing I could have my seat at £399 if I wanted it so long as I did my renewal by the end of the month.

Unless the Club is more specific I would read 'close of play 30th June' as meaning the clock striking 1st July. With the arrival of internet sales it makes no sense to impose a 5pm deadline and if they did you are quite right they should have said so.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, goozburger said:

The 2,256 seats now have true visibility of availability. ~7,904 season tickets have been sold, including those that renewed during the loyalty scheme period. The extended loyalty scheme gave ~224 renewals, but possibly more if previous counts included those that renewed but switch seats.

I was hoping for a much bigger boost, but here are some things to consider:

• Some good signings should give some sort of boost;
  • I don't have a picture of sales patterns, so it's possible that a sales boost comes as the season draws closer and it's more at the forefront of people's minds;
  • Some might be waiting for July's pay packet to land before being able to purchase;
  • I assume there will be a period after the season starts where supporters can buy and get reimbursed for any matches they missed, so sales continue after the season starts.

We're averaging ~26 season ticket sales per day. If that remains the case, it means a projection of ~8,658 before our first home game of the season.

I will do the usual update tonight.

So the extended loyalty scheme cost less than £7k (224 renewals saving £30). 

Again highlighting how moronic it actually is to increase the prices, it's a bloody drop in the ocean! *we are run by morons*

I’ve talked about ‘churn’ before, but with over 2,000 existing ST holders looking like they haven’t renewed, 25% non renewal is a bloody high figure, so it’s a good job JDT has attracted a load of newbies to take up the slack to keep us pretty much level as a net figure.

Edited by Mattyblue

1 hour ago, 1864roverite said:

I’ve no idea what you mean but it sounds like a churlish childlike remark similar to buffoons who spoil football matches😅

I think what upside -down means, is that the grammer in your statement, gives the impression that you are stopped trying to be hard, by someone.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rochdale_rover said:

I haven't renewed mine yet as  in my eyes the £30 over a season isn't worth rushing for me the £30 isn't the issue. The issue is the price in the first place 

I miss the first game so don't need to purchase until 13th August. 

So gives me another 6 weeks

I pay now its £18.18  per match I can attend.

Pay in 6 weeks its £19.55 

Season tickets should be a maximum £345 in my eyes.

£15 a game

Then tickets on the day a maximum of £25

And find a way to fleece big away support without screwing home fans who come match by match.

Edited by tomphil

7 hours ago, JHRover said:

To be honest I have little interest in renewing at any price if I am sat on my own in a seat that I don't want.

I think the Club has made a monumental mess of this and has actually misled people in its literature and advertisements. The original 'offer' was that existing season ticket holders could renew, claim their seats at the price of £399. The Club has extended this deadline twice and in its literature has made no reference to the terms of that offer changing. I think it was entirely reasonable to interpret 'deadline extension' as meaning the same terms were available, including retention of seats, until 30th June.

If that wasn't the case and the Club was unable to guarantee seat retention then they should have said so in their articles. They should have warned fans of this. I've never been contacted. Perhaps foolishly I went through June quite relaxed knowing I could have my seat at £399 if I wanted it so long as I did my renewal by the end of the month.

Unless the Club is more specific I would read 'close of play 30th June' as meaning the clock striking 1st July. With the arrival of internet sales it makes no sense to impose a 5pm deadline and if they did you are quite right they should have said so.

Have the others people you attend with renew? 

Season Ticket Estimate

Latest: 7,977 (+297)

Previous Updates
Thursday 30th June 2022: 7,680 (+14)
Wednesday 29th June: 7,666 (+36)
Tuesday 28th June 2022: 7,630 (+20)
Monday 27th June 2022: 7,610 (+23)

Sunday 26th June 2022: 7,587 (+13)
Saturday 25th June 2022: 7,574 (+26)

Friday 24th June 2022: 7,548 (+37)
Thursday 23rd June 2022: 7,511 (+84)

Wednesday 22nd June: 7,427 (+2)
Tuesday 21st June: 7,425 (-1)
Monday 20th June: 7,426 (+221)
Sunday 19th June 2022: 7,205 (+15)
Saturday 18th June 2022: 7,190 (+108)

Friday 17th June 2022: 7,082 (+8)
Thursday 16th June 2022: 7,074 (+39)
Wednesday 15th June 2022: 7,035 (first count)

Notes & Disclaimers

• This is an estimate based on visibility of true seat availability in the ticketing seat map.
  • (+xx) represents the number of season tickets sold since the previous estimate (usually 24 hours).
  • 159 unavailable seats in W01 are not saleable and therefore excluded from the estimate.
  • A seat is marked as unavailable for up to 28 minutes when added to the basket. It is not possible to exclude these from the estimate.
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, goozburger said:

Season Ticket Estimate

Latest: 7,977 (+297)

Previous Updates
Thursday 30th June 2022: 7,680 (+14)
Wednesday 29th June: 7,666 (+36)
Tuesday 28th June 2022: 7,630 (+20)
Monday 27th June 2022: 7,610 (+23)

Sunday 26th June 2022: 7,587 (+13)
Saturday 25th June 2022: 7,574 (+26)

Friday 24th June 2022: 7,548 (+37)
Thursday 23rd June 2022: 7,511 (+84)

Wednesday 22nd June: 7,427 (+2)
Tuesday 21st June: 7,425 (-1)
Monday 20th June: 7,426 (+221)
Sunday 19th June 2022: 7,205 (+15)
Saturday 18th June 2022: 7,190 (+108)

Friday 17th June 2022: 7,082 (+8)
Thursday 16th June 2022: 7,074 (+39)
Wednesday 15th June 2022: 7,035 (first count)

Notes & Disclaimers

• This is an estimate based on visibility of true seat availability in the ticketing seat map.
  • (+xx) represents the number of season tickets sold since the previous estimate (usually 24 hours).
  • 159 unavailable seats in W01 are not saleable and therefore excluded from the estimate.
  • A seat is marked as unavailable for up to 28 minutes when added to the basket. It is not possible to exclude these from the estimate.

So based from this we can now say over 2k of our ST holders didn't renew?

Way to go Swaggot. 

Just now, damo100 said:

So based from this we can now say over 2k of our ST holders didn't renew?

Take the assumptions with a pinch of salt. They are just that - assumptions.

Having said that, we are now in "real" territory as far as the numbers go. No more stipulations or exceptions. Unless the loyalty scheme is reinstated again. At which point I'll need a psychiatrist.

• Like 2