BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

2022/2023 Pre Season Thread

5 hours ago, islander200 said:

The first half of the game the other day Dack looked anything but fit.

Surely be madness to start him so early after 2 serious injuries and only one pre season game involvement.

Bring him on if needed later in the game when the opposition legs are tired.He won't be starting at weekend anyway 

My point was that surely he will only get further away from being match fit if he only plays cameos.

He won't start but in my opinion, he should.

• Like 1

I think the argument that the 'high pressing' style encumbers Dack's place in the team is slightly over-played. He won't be match fit yet so shouldn't even be considered for the team. When he is fit I'm sure he can cope with closing down the DM of the opposition. It's not like he's an attacking FB spending 90 mins running up and down the flank. 

Firmino was never quick but he coped OK for years in a team that presses relentlessly. I'm sure there are plenty of other examples. 

What is in Dack's favour is that he's the best footballer in the team, and the best goal scorer, and probably the best No10 in the division. If JDT can't find a space for a fit Dack into his team then the game's gone!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

My point was that surely he will only get further away from being match fit if he only plays cameos.

He won't start but in my opinion, he should.

and he ain't going to get match fit by playing when he is clearly not ready to. Lets trust our performance director Ben Rosen and the Physios here and leave it to their judgement given they know the exactly fitness of him

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

and he ain't going to get match fit by playing when he is clearly not ready to. Lets trust our performance director Ben Rosen and the Physios here and leave it to their judgement given they know the exactly fitness of him

JDT may well want to go with players he knows are at 100%, leaving Dack to one side for now, because I’m sure he wants to hit the ground running. 

But generally speaking, playing matches is *exactly* how you get match fit, kind of self explanatory.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

JDT may well want to go with players he knows are at 100%, leaving Dack to one side for now, because I’m sure he wants to hit the ground running. 

But generally speaking, playing matches is *exactly* how you get match fit, kind of self explanatory.

But not if you are carrying or are not fully recovered from an injury. 

And there is no suggestion that he is carrying/not recovered from an injury. He was training during the week when we stayed in Scotland according to Tomasson, and he played an hour on Saturday and trained today.

No one is match fit at the moment, not for competitive games, so it makes sense to me to start him, knowing he is unlikely to last the distance, rather than "build him up" with cameos which will actually make him even rustier compared to the rest of the team.

49 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

And there is no suggestion that he is carrying/not recovered from an injury. He was training during the week when we stayed in Scotland according to Tomasson, and he played an hour on Saturday and trained today.

No one is match fit at the moment, not for competitive games, so it makes sense to me to start him, knowing he is unlikely to last the distance, rather than "build him up" with cameos which will actually make him even rustier compared to the rest of the team.

I would suggest, that having watched him last season and  this pre-seaon, he gets about the pitch like someone carrying/not recovered from an injury. I hope I am wrong, but time will tell, but I don't see Dack starting many games for the Rovers. 

On 25/07/2022 at 18:19, roversfan99 said:

Well JDT has said he needs more minutes before he is ready to start games, you still disagree?.

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/20583225.needs-more---jon-dahl-tomasson-gives-bradley-dack-update/

6 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Well JDT has said he needs more minutes before he is ready to start games, you still disagree?.

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/20583225.needs-more---jon-dahl-tomasson-gives-bradley-dack-update/

You seem to be working of the assumption that if the manager does or says something, then it must be the correct choice.

I don't claim to know more than Tomasson, and accept that he has more information, but that doesn't discredit my right to an opinion.

My personal opinion is that considering that no one is yet fully fit, that Dack has been training for a few weeks, he played an hour last weekend and also apparently scored again (see below) in another friendly on Tuesday, that it makes sense to start him and sub him after an hour if need be, rather than having our best player playing catch up from the start. I know he won't start but I stand by my opinion.

You must have said 100 times that James Brown should stay here this season and shouldn't be loaned, assuming his loan goes through, do "you still disagree?"

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

You seem to be working of the assumption that if the manager does or says something, then it must be the correct choice.

I don't claim to know more than Tomasson, and accept that he has more information, but that doesn't discredit my right to an opinion.

My personal opinion is that considering that no one is yet fully fit, that Dack has been training for a few weeks, he played an hour last weekend and also apparently scored again (see below) in another friendly on Tuesday, that it makes sense to start him and sub him after an hour if need be, rather than having our best player playing catch up from the start. I know he won't start but I stand by my opinion.

You must have said 100 times that James Brown should stay here this season and shouldn't be loaned, assuming his loan goes through, do "you still disagree?"

Luckily your opinion amounts to the same as mine, fuck all.

• Like 1

Fair enough then.

My opinion is Rovers have an excellent performance director in Ben Rosen and Andy Proctor has our head of medical is very good at his job. I rather leave it to them and trust people with plenty of experience an knowledge in this situation. 

Not quite 100 times and yes I stand by my opinion. I would have loan out JRC instead and use James Brown to challenge Callum Brittain for the right back spot. Why do you keep asking me the same question?