BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

2022/2023 Pre Season Thread

5 minutes ago, Fraserkirky said:

Well that was rancid. Terrifying actually. Philips the only bright spot. Take the money for Brereton now. Pickering a shambles at left back, boy can’t run.

I don't think Adam Wharton has looked out of place at all. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SuperBrfc said:

This is why a lot of us were being 'hysterical'. Leaving it this late for signings is a major concern as we are going into the season so unprepared. We need a lot of new faces to come in.

I’m giving it the benefit of doubt as it’s pre-season…But yes, a midfielder in next week would work nicely. 

I think everyone is curious to see how we lineup for the QPR…Nerves/Excitement 

Just now, Sweaty Gussets said:

Sharpe made the point earlier that JDT's tactics are that the front 4 all play more centrally and that the width comes from the full-backs, hence why Brittain was bought as he's supposed to be an attacking full-back. 

we he needs a left back then,pickering is to slow for the suggested system

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

This is why a lot of us were being 'hysterical'. Leaving it this late for signings is a major concern as we are going into the season so unprepared. We need a lot of new faces to come in.

When you marry the starters from the Hartlepool game with the starters from this one you've got a solid team.

There's just no depth, which is understandable considering 10 first team players have walked out the door and we've only brought 1 in. 

We need a LB, a CM and a ST at a minimum. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Left back & a midfielder are our 2 Areas of weekness…Although Morton I think gives us that strength in the middle (when he comes)

i hope this morton is a proper player and not like clarkson(no disrespect,but the size of the lad,he`d struggle in the blackburn combination)

It’s not been awful.

We have had majority of possession, just the final ball letting us down. 

Good- Hedges, Travis and Phillips.

Adam Wharton is showing his inexperience, 2 or 3 times he’s lost the ball in dangerous positions, if we were playing championship standard would of been punished.

Dack- can still see the quality but clearly lacking match fitness and rusty.

Dolan - ineffective but is a pressing machine.

Diaz- done nothing of note.

Pickering and Carter have both done OK, not a lot of threat going forward but defensively fine.

Need to sort out the offsides been caught 4 or 5 times now.

Can see the press in action that JDT wants but need to press more as a team rather than individuals.

Ash Phillips is going to be a top 6 centre half when’s he older. Calm, strong and plays balls through the lines, quality player. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

I really don’t understand why we haven’t played our strongest team in one pre season match - it’s all been 50/50. Hardly the perfect preparations for next weekend. 

Because that is what JDT wants.

2 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

I really don’t understand why we haven’t played our strongest team in one pre season match - it’s all been 50/50. Hardly the perfect preparations for next weekend. 

Because he wants to see the backups get game time with the First XI. 

They're going to have to do it during the season, why not during the preseason when results don't matter? How does Wharton look alongside Travis? Phillips alongside Wharton? Vale alongside Gallagher?

Now we know. It also clarifies where we need strengthening.