BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

2022/2023 Pre Season Thread

• Backroom
5 minutes ago, Trinidad Rover said:

Starting to get excited about Vale. Can’t do much more than he has.

I bet the Welsh FA are starting to get excited too. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Trinidad Rover said:

Starting to get excited about Vale. Can’t do much more than he has.

He’s playing well, no doubt about it. If I was being critical I would say he’s got a very odd bone structure in his face, especially around his chin, but that has little to no impact on him on the pitch. 

• Like 5

• Backroom
12 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

swedish football could`nt be more different to english football,lets hope jdt has remembered his spell at newcastle,every game is full on,pretty sure you don`t get that in sweden

It's a surprisingly physical league tbh. Hard hitting at times.

1 minute ago, J*B said:

He’s playing well, no doubt about it. If I was being critical I would say he’s got a very odd bone structure in his face, especially around his chin, but that has little to no impact on him on the pitch. 

🤣🤣🤣 I'll go with 'no impact'

• Like 1

1 hour ago, davulsukur said:

Dack might not be the same player he was after those injuries but if he is anywhere near, JDT needs to get him on the field, he's one of our best players.

Tweeking systems to suit players is where we have gone wrong in the past. Get players that suit your way of playing. I would add   that Dack used to be one of or best players. He may not be up to it now. 

• Like 3

I’ve formed the impression that the “niggles” are the manager being politically correct on behalf of Dacky. I suspect he either can’t or has been too nervous to put in the intensity now required.

To those who have seen any of the friendliest: is our pre-match warm-up routine much different to Mowbray’s?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

swedish football could`nt be more different to english football,lets hope jdt has remembered his spell at newcastle,every game is full on,pretty sure you don`t get that in sweden

That worries me a bit.

6 minutes ago, rigger said:

Tweeking systems to suit players is where we have gone wrong in the past. Get players that suit your way of playing. I would add   that Dack used to be one of or best players. He may not be up to it now. 

Yes when Dack was in his pomp play ended up being tailored almost exclusively for him, same when Armstrong came to the fore in Dacks absence.

It's getting the best out of your best player of course and it's putting value in them. It's often detrimental to other good players who just get shoehorned in and can hold the team back as a whole. I often felt the idea was all about growing a valuable striker to sell taking priority over trying to make a team for promotion.

3 minutes ago, Andy said:

Really pleased to see Vale on the scoresheet again - lad looks handy and could play a decent part this season (hopefully).

An actual striker playing in strikers positions and getting goals and assists.

Hopefully it'll catch on.

• Like 4

Was the team necessarily played purely to add value to those two? I am not sure that direct football suited a technical footballer like Dack as much as he very much worked well with Graham, nor do I think that endless possession suited Armstrong who likes to run in behind, last seasons tactics may have been even better for him with space to run into. 

• Like 1