BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

2022/2023 Pre Season Thread

2 hours ago, D-side17 said:

Does anyone know if you can pay on the gate at Lincoln tomorrow?

Thanks

Yes.

I looked at the Lincoln site just out of interest when I saw your post and as I've become something of an insomniac.

A very fan friendly club by all accounts with stacks of info for visitors, maps etc etc.

https://www.weareimps.com/news/2022/july/matchday-guide-blackburn-rovers-h/

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

It's confirmed as being on that format of TV I don't think we're allowed to discuss on here too.

It’s only illegal streams you aren’t allowed to discuss. I will check later and post a link if it is available on the Lincoln club website. 

Really feel we need/needed to get one more friendly in before the qpr game, there's a lot of first team players lacking minutes on the pitch.

Seems like a huge portion of the friendlies his been given over to blooding and assessing our youngsters, which is good! But i feel it's taken a little away from giving our established first teamers game time and the chance to really work hard on new tactics during the games

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo

Today and Wednesday were the last times for close to 22 players to get 90 minutes in their legs so I don't see how we can conclude that Tomasson has decided to "jettison" Rankin Costello.

Rankin Costello like Buckley, Ayala and Gallagher all played on Wednesday so I wouldn't read anything in him missing today, seems like he and Brittain will be the 2 right back/right wing backs going into the season with Brown going out on loan. Lets hope Brittain is not only up to it but very resolute!

The likes of Magloire and Butterworth have not been involved so I suspect those 2 are on the way out.

Just now, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Really feel we need/needed to get one more friendly in before tge qpr game, there's a lot of first team players lacking minutes on the pitch.

Seems like a huge portion of the friendlies his been given over to blooding and assessing our youngsters, which is good! But i feel it's taken a little away from giving our established first teamers game time and the chance to really work hard on new tactics during the games

Unsure how it compares to previous pre-seasons but it will see the majority of players getting 60, 75 and 90 minutes into their legs so it makes sense. Perhaps another 90 minutes could have been arranged on top for all 22?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

Unsure how it compares to previous pre-seasons but it will see the majority of players getting 60, 75 and 90 minutes into their legs so it makes sense. Perhaps another 90 minutes could have been arranged on top for all 22?

probably be a closed doors game this week at brockhall,final tweaking and all that

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Today and Wednesday were the last times for close to 22 players to get 90 minutes in their legs so I don't see how we can conclude that Tomasson has decided to "jettison" Rankin Costello.

Rankin Costello like Buckley, Ayala and Gallagher all played on Wednesday so I wouldn't read anything in him missing today, seems like he and Brittain will be the 2 right back/right wing backs going into the season with Brown going out on loan. Lets hope Brittain is not only up to it but very resolute!

The likes of Magloire and Butterworth have not been involved so I suspect those 2 are on the way out.

Magloire and Butterworth will leave before deadline day...

1 minute ago, simongarnerisgod said:

probably be a closed doors game this week at brockhall,final tweaking and all that

Perhaps, although might be a bit risky in itself within a week of the first game, especially when most of the first team is playing today, that could be 3 lots of 90 minutes in 8 days which is a lot so early on.

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Perhaps, although might be a bit risky in itself within a week of the first game, especially when most of the first team is playing today, that could be 3 lots of 90 minutes in 8 days which is a lot so early on.

I can't even guess, what formation we will be playing against QPR, but I am looking forward to the game.

21 minutes ago, goozburger said:

JRC has been good in pre-season. It was mentioned in the media this week that the intention for the Lincoln and Hartlepool games was to play two different sides, with a younger side and a smattering of experienced players featuring against Hartlepool.

What I've see of JRC he has not impressed and is going backwards.... I would sell him and get another defender in....

• Like 2