BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

2022/2023 Pre Season Thread

4 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

thats good,tony`s possesion based obsession during the two wins from seventeen was  era pass the ball 20 times lose it then shuffle about not trying to get it back,

There's a video somewhere doing the rounds of the goal against H'pool (not the one posted on here). It starts at the back with Ayala and Harlock passing the ball to each other in our own box...20 passes later, without H'pool touching the ball,  it's in their net.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Colt Seavers said:

Hayden Carter is resolutely a Centre half and nothing else. His body shape and touch are completely unsuited to right back/ wing back.

Decent wingers in the Championship will have a field day against him, if he's at RB. Lincoln have played around him a couple of times this half, and the space they have had on rare attacks has been down his side.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

There's a video somewhere doing the rounds of the goal against H'pool (not the one posted on here). It starts at the back with Ayala and Harlock passing the ball to each other in our own box...20 passes later, without H'pool touching the ball,  it's in their net.

I didn’t see the Hartlepool game, but against Celtic I had my heart in my mouth a few times when we played it across our own box. If it actually ends up going forward, then I can cope with it I guess. 

Under Mowbray, it was pass, pass, pass, HOOF! 😂

• Like 1

Just now, Exiled_Rover said:

You've been impressed with Dack, Dolan and Hedges today then?

Fair enough, each to their own. 

Even if those players you mentioned have poor games today. We also have Vale and Burns to cover up front, Missing one forward would not mean we could not field a team, which was the original claim. Hyperbola if ever I heard it.

I worry about us if we look set to play out from the back this season, nothing to do with today but just knowing that our players don't suit it, even the ones not involved.

You look through the team, Kaminski isn't great with the ball at his feet, Ayala is just a very old school defender, Travis is functional on the ball and little else, Gallagher and even Brereton (although he will go) are clumsy and cumbersome, we are setting a trap for ourselves.

We also have a worrying lack of width.

• Like 2

I do wonder whether the attacking players are completely confused about what they should be doing and what positions they should be taking up. It seems like the plan is to give the front 4 players complete freedom but I feel players need more direction than that. 

2 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Yeap…It’s like Dacks never kicked a ball.

We are in need of some new faces, urgently.

This is why a lot of us were being 'hysterical'. Leaving it this late for signings is a major concern as we are going into the season so unprepared. We need a lot of new faces to come in.