BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

2022/2023 Pre Season Thread

2 minutes ago, Fraserkirky said:

Adam Wharton looks like an all action Centre midfielder, good touch, good engine.

We have a wealth of quality young central midfielders.

He does. I worry about him against the rugged midfielders in our league though.

He’ll get mins in a long season, but we shouldn’t be depending on him.

Hedges does have a very decent long shot on him - seen him do it a number of times since he joined.

Really like the look of Harlock, seems to be something different to what we have (eg more of a dribbler than Dack).

Albeit against Lincoln, it's encouraging to see the young lads impress.

Edited by Andy

6 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

Good work out all in all with no injuries. Positives: 1st half Phillips, 2nd half Brittain and Harlock. Roll on next Saturday with a couple more signings

I thought A. Wharton was really impressive in CM. He's only just turned 18 too.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

Sloppy passing and miscontrol galore.

Let's hope we can put it down to a lack of fitness and that we buck up for next week.

Sadly it'll take time for this style of play (and system) to bed in. It'll also take reinforcements to really kick off. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, goozburger said:

One thing I've noticed from pre-season is that we seem to be much stronger in the second half. That could be a great sign of fitness levels and, hopefully, a stronger mentality amongst the players.

Yeah we do. I’ve also noticed we commit a LOT of cynical fouls in the midfield areas. I think that’s to counter our pressing style. If a team gets through the press then we’re exposed and fouling someone is almost a must to stop the counter attack. City and Liverpool do it magnificently. The key is to do it in a way so as not to get booked!

8 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

Yeah we do. I’ve also noticed we commit a LOT of cynical fouls in the midfield areas. I think that’s to counter our pressing style. If a team gets through the press then we’re exposed and fouling someone is almost a must to stop the counter attack. City and Liverpool do it magnificently. The key is to do it in a way so as not to get booked!

Spot on! Trav will pick up a sack load of yellow cards this season!