BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

2022/2023 Pre Season Thread

1 minute ago, Tom said:

Ash Phillips wearing number 5 today, if that’s his squad number it’s a big sign of intent whilst he hasn’t signed a contract 

Adam Wharton is 6, they may well both be actual changes but in past years I think when academy players have played, they just take spare numbers during pre-season.

Just now, goozburger said:

As a wing-back he offers something going forward. I started watching the Hartlepool highlights last night before falling asleep, but he looked quite good. Brittain will likely start in that position, but I'd prefer to keep JRC at the club than loan him out. He's shown enough for me.

I've always found this idea that he is good going forward to be a bit of a myth, or at least it is unsubstantiated. Never seen it myself.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Usually last preseason game is the starting team for the first game. 

Players you would expect to be in there that aren't are Ayala, Buckley, Gallagher - what's up with them?

Brittain not starting understandable.

He played half the team against Hartlepool and he's playing half the team against Lincoln.

Clever management really - it means the starters will get 90 minutes under their belts and the squad players who are going to be asked to step up at some point during the season get to play alongside starters to see if they fit. 

• Backroom
11 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Adam Wharton is 6, they may well both be actual changes but in past years I think when academy players have played, they just take spare numbers during pre-season.

Yeah noticed a few changes so reading too deep into it 

35 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

The likes of Magloire and Butterworth have not been involved so I suspect those 2 are on the way out.

Butterworth has barely been involved this pre season so that would suggest he is going have to leave us if wants first team football

6 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Usually last preseason game is the starting team for the first game. 

Players you would expect to be in there that aren't are Ayala, Buckley, Gallagher - what's up with them?

Brittain not starting understandable.

Ayala, Buckley and Gallagher played 90 mins on Wednesday so were never going to involved today. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

Fair play to Lincoln City for a very efficient online service. Payment made, stream accessible and easily noticeable within seconds. Unlike the Rovers site, where there's so much faffing about needed.

Same here took me 5 mins from creating account ,paying for match and getting it on screen ..

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Colt Seavers said:

There is an awful lot of possession along the back line in the early stages. Reminiscent of the way we played the season before last. Not really my preferred option

Same against Celtic, wasn’t a big fan either. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

i hate it,possesion for the sake of it,hope we are just warming up☹️

Get used to it, that's his style: https://totalfootballanalysis.com/head-coach-analysis/jon-dahl-tomasson-at-blackburn-rovers-202223-tactical-analysis-tactics

It will obviously take a while to bed in. 

5 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Awful game so far…No one standing out…Phillips looks solid at the back though.

Bit of a worrying preseason theme really.

My hope is, it's because it's been mixed teams for each game for the most part 

Edited by davulsukur