BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jon Dahl Tomasson - Officially No Longer Our Head Coach

49 minutes ago, J*B said:

I love Adam Wharton as much as the next person, but let’s not forget Bellingham was the best player on the pitch almost every week for Birmingham and was younger than Adam. Adam needs another successful 12 months to be a 25M footballer. 

Which is why (amongst many other reasons) we should keep him

• Like 2

5 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

if it helps JDT bring in 4 or 5 quality players to improve the overall squad then that how we move forward. 

JDT has already dropped Kaminski, and selling Adam Wharton for 20 million would allow JDT to bring in 4 or 5 quality players to improve the overall squad and improve the overall quality. Similar to Brentford did or Norwich under Webber/Farke when they sold Maddison and Murphy then used some of the money to improve the overall quality in the squad 

Lets see what happen if that does happen. The past sales have always gone towards holding FFP rules. 

When was the last time we got sell on fee for a player? 

I think you are sadly not factoring in Venkys who have never allowed a manager to reinvest a big sale on half of a new team as you imply. We aren't run normally, big sales are taken out of managements hands, and when a big sale is actually made, it tends to have to help to prop the club up because we keep allowing assets to leave for free.

Not 100% sure, maybe Rochina?

• Like 2

• Backroom

Keeping in mind the goal of buying Brereton for £7m would surely have been to develop him and then sell him on for a higher fee, as would have been perfectly sensible, you do have to assume that a sale of Wharton for a hypothetical £20m would go to redressing the loss we ended up making on both Brereton's fee and wages over the course of his contract. Plugging a gap that simply shouldn't have been allowed to appear.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I think you are sadly not factoring in Venkys who have never allowed a manager to reinvest a big sale on half of a new team as you imply. We aren't run normally, big sales are taken out of managements hands, and when a big sale is actually made, it tends to have to help to prop the club up because we keep allowing assets to leave for free.

I have factored in Venkys but I have also factored in JDT and GB comments also. 

Armstrong money was used towards keeping us out of FFP embargo and we needed our training ground to be sold in order to prevent this. 

Not discussed BBD situation again. I have explained my thinking time after time to you and time after time you refuse to accept it 

19 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Not 100% sure, maybe Rochina?

I would have thought you knew given your comment about what happen to sell on fee. Given he would sold by Granada to Rubin Kazan for 10 million we might got a million or 2 top. 

• Backroom

Disappointing tonight that he was reactive rather than proactive. It was so clear that we needed to make changes at HT, but he waited until we went a goal down 10 mins into the second half before making changes. It may not have made any difference, but it's poor stuff.

Regardless, JDT isn't the problem here. Those above him, including the owners, are the root cause and need to be dealt with before we can move forward.

• Like 4

A first season that despite the unfortunate/disappointing ending has exceeded my expectations and gives us a solid platform to kick on next season.

Defensively we have been solid and I wouldn't expect to see too many changes to the back line, where the improvements are needed is obvious everyone can see it apart from Gregg Broughton it seems. We need some attacking players to put the ball in the back of the net. I'd personally be happy to see Broughton relived of his duties and JDT be in charge of signings. It is also of course in part due to Mowbray's bewildering tactics down the years that we don't have any proper strikers.

I'm far more positive looking ahead to next season with Tomasson than I was looking ahead to any season under Mowbray. You can see what Tomasson is trying to build and this year he has laid the foundations for what is to come if he is backed. Also unlike with Mowbray it won't be back to square 1 in the summer as half the team depart either on free's or to return to their parent clubs.

But he has to be backed as, he has been badly let down in January and this isn't Mowbray we are talking about this is someone with a good reputation in the game who could walk away if not backed and have job offers from across Europe.

Edited by Ewood Ace
  • Like 7

40 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

A first season that despite the unfortunate/disappointing ending has exceeded my expectations and gives us a solid platform to kick on next season.

Defensively we have been solid and I wouldn't expect to see too many changes to the back line, where the improvements are needed is obvious everyone can see it apart from Gregg Broughton it seems. We need some attacking players to put the ball in the back of the net. I'd personally be happy to see Broughton relived of his duties and JDT be in charge of signings. It is also of course in part due to Mowbray's bewildering tactics down the years that we don't have any proper strikers.

I'm far more positive looking ahead to next season with Tomasson than I was looking ahead to any season under Mowbray. You can see what Tomasson is trying to build and this year he has laid the foundations for what is to come if he is backed. Also unlike with Mowbray it won't be back to square 1 in the summer as half the team depart either on free's or to return to their parent clubs.

But he has to be backed as, he has been badly let down in January and this isn't Mowbray we are talking about this is someone with a good reputation in the game who could walk away if not backed and have job offers from across Europe.

Good post. 

• Like 1

I seriously hope JDT is here next season and beyond. He has been improvement on previous years and we have style of play and tactics that we can all see he wants to play. He would have learnt loads this season about himself, the playing squad and this league and what is required. I just hope we can bring in some quality strikers in the summer so we can push on next season like Farke did at Norwick or Frank at Brentford. 

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Ha you were singing his praises about a week ago.

But then you are like this with Southgate….

No I said he was the best manager we've had but that's not saying much. I also said I'm not his biggest fan

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I seriously hope JDT is here next season and beyond. He has been improvement on previous years and we have style of play and tactics that we can all see he wants to play. He would have learnt loads this season about himself, the playing squad and this league and what is required. I just hope we can bring in some quality strikers in the summer so we can push on next season like Farke did at Norwick or Frank at Brentford. 

I think most are in agreement with all that Chadster. 

• Like 1

From where I'm stood, the club appears to have an incoherent organisation, with incapable people like waggott occupying key positions and being vastly overpaid. It's not an organisation that's going places, and I don't feel it ever will until venkys decide they've had enough, of they ever do.

So if you're at the club and someone comes in for you and you are talented and have something between your ears then of course you're going to go. I did have it wrong about jdt, but then again, we're so difficult to predict. I think given what an absolute train wreck of a club we are, we have no right to even be thinking of the play offs. I'd be surprised if what he's done here has gone unnoticed elsewhere

Edited by broadsword
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, broadsword said:

From where I'm stood, the club appears to have an incoherent organisation, with incapable people like waggott occupying key positions and being vastly overpaid. It's not an organisation that's going places, and I don't feel it ever will until venkys decide they've had enough, of they ever do.

So if you're at the club and someone comes in for you and you are talented and have something between your ears then of course you're going to go. I did have it wrong about just, bit then again, were so difficult to predict. I think given what an absolute reason wreck of a club we are, we have no right to even be thinking of the play offs. It's be surprised if what he's done here hasn't gone unnoticed elsewhere

I guess it depends on  how closely people are watching as ‘only looking at the table’ doesn’t show any improvement on last year.