BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jon Dahl Tomasson - Officially No Longer Our Head Coach

There will be a lot of sh1t stirring from Radio Lancashire and Lancashire Telegraph in there as well. Quite why they are raising his future as a topic for discussion on the day of the final game of the season I don't know, but can safely say they wouldn't have been asking Kompany about whether he will be staying where he is.

In their desperation to find something to talk about they will fan the flames of speculation and rumour. They do it with our better players all the time too.

• Like 4

Shame they don't do some real fucking journalism and report on the absolute joke that is the non football  management of this club. 

Where were they when venkys were ripping the place to bits?

Where were they in January even, when maggot and co failed to fill out basic paperwork?

Real journalists muck rake, fake ones stirr shit.

Edited by Upside Down
  • Like 5

He'll have a vision of what he wants to do here although i think a lot of the 'project' talk was just to deflect scrutiny and pressure.

That seems to have faded in recent months but it did usually surface earlier after bad defeats not draws with decent performances. 

Now he'll have a better idea of what he needs and how far he thinks he can push it, to better this season without backing and good players leaving maybe not being replaced will be nigh on impossible.  If the club doesn't share his vision and at least pledge to reinvest the freed up wages this summer then i'm sure he'll want to listen to any other interested parties.

I'm sure he isn't expecting millions he knew when he took the job we'd be focused on our own developments but that will need a lot of help this summer.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 1

Blackburn Rovers must give talented head coach & squad what they need | Lancashire Telegraph

I put this in the transfer thread but it should have gone in here....good article, bizarre some people would see it as shit-stirring but there you go...Sharpe is just saying what most of us think...and he doesn't mention JDT leaving, just that he needs support. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

I presume JH means in the pressers. 

Basic questions are asked in pressers. It's hardly forensic.

RS in contrast has, in a diplomatic way, just highlighted the problems at the club, and specifically the behind-the-scenes operation. He's made sure any casual reader knows where the problems are. 

Edited by Sweaty Gussets
  • Like 1

Still don;t know what to make of him.  One one hand I think to myself he has exceeded expectations with the given squad.  I think at the start of the season I said on here we would finish 13th.  He's a very likeable guy who seems intelligent.

Then I think maybe we have a better squad that we thought.  We were permanently in the top 6 all season almost and let it slip on the run in which was a disastrous run.  When we went 1-0 down in a game the heads dropped all season and it was game over.  That's a mentality thing and I wonder is JDT too  nice a guy and are the team a reflection of him.  Its his job to put a bit of steel in this side instead of wilting like flowers when we are losing.

I would definitely give him the benefit of the doubt though and let him put his stamp on the squad for another while.  We need strikers of reputation and a couple of tough experienced pros in the side.  Its too young.  Whether he gets those players is another question.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Basic questions are asked in pressers. It's hardly forensic.

RS in contrast has, in a diplomatic way, just highlighted the problems at the club, and specifically the behind-the-scenes operation. He's made sure any casual reader knows where the problems are. 

I don’t disagree, they are there to fill a couple of pages/five mins on Radio Lancs. ‘Who’s injured?’, ‘you’ll be happy/disappointed with that?’

Lot of time for RS as it goes. He’s probably the best LT Rovers man we’ve had in donkeys years. Can actually write which is an improvement on a lot of the others too.

I would say Radio Lancs are much poorer across their clubs. For example, they never remotely challenged the Oystons as the club nearly collapsed. The LT went far more after Kean than RL.

Always seems very cosy but that is what happens when local broadcast media has died in its arse and it’s only the public funded one left.

Edited by Mattyblue

Blackburn Rovers must give Jon Dahl Tomasson what he needs to fend off growing admirers - Elliott Jackson - LancsLive

"I think the gaffer might be a genius," said one Blackburn Rovers player as early as October. Tomasson's methods have rubbed off on the players; the contrast in performances are night and day compared to seven months ago.

A similar article to the one RS wrote. I think Jackson is a good writer and doesn't pull any punches. He also re-iterates the manager needs backing and that January can't be repeated,

Lots of pressure being heaped on the clowns behind the scenes and rightly so. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Nuttall is lost said:

Still don;t know what to make of him.  One one hand I think to myself he has exceeded expectations with the given squad.  I think at the start of the season I said on here we would finish 13th.  He's a very likeable guy who seems intelligent.

Then I think maybe we have a better squad that we thought.  We were permanently in the top 6 all season almost and let it slip on the run in which was a disastrous run.  When we went 1-0 down in a game the heads dropped all season and it was game over.  That's a mentality thing and I wonder is JDT too  nice a guy and are the team a reflection of him.  Its his job to put a bit of steel in this side instead of wilting like flowers when we are losing.

I would definitely give him the benefit of the doubt though and let him put his stamp on the squad for another while.  We need strikers of reputation and a couple of tough experienced pros in the side.  Its too young.  Whether he gets those players is another question.

I agree with a lot of this, I dont think he has exceeded expectations though both in terms of results and performances. I have been bored to tears for a lot of the time at Ewood this season, I renewed my ticket over the weekend but it was a close call whether to bother.

Having said that its clear what he is trying to do and that he is hamstrung with the type/quality of players we have at the club currently. If he is staying the club have to invest in some players that like the ball at their feet and are comfortable under pressure with composure to play their way both out of trouble and into goalscoring opportunities. Adam Wharton is a clear example of the type of player that suits the JDT style.

I feel the team has got better at the defensive element of JDT football over the season but the forward play is way off where it needs to be. Being realistic he needs to sign 3-4 attacking players as a minimum just to move things on and I am dubious whether the club will provide the funds.

I think the long term future under JDT would be good as over time the players coming through the academy can be moulded into this style so that is another big positive. Although I have had enough of slow-build projects, I just want to see a team on the pitch scoring goals and winning games.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, roverblue said:

I agree with a lot of this, I dont think he has exceeded expectations though both in terms of results and performances. I have been bored to tears for a lot of the time at Ewood this season, I renewed my ticket over the weekend but it was a close call whether to bother.

Having said that its clear what he is trying to do and that he is hamstrung with the type/quality of players we have at the club currently. If he is staying the club have to invest in some players that like the ball at their feet and are comfortable under pressure with composure to play their way both out of trouble and into goalscoring opportunities. Adam Wharton is a clear example of the type of player that suits the JDT style.

I feel the team has got better at the defensive element of JDT football over the season but the forward play is way off where it needs to be. Being realistic he needs to sign 3-4 attacking players as a minimum just to move things on and I am dubious whether the club will provide the funds.

I think the long term future under JDT would be good as over time the players coming through the academy can be moulded into this style so that is another big positive. Although I have had enough of slow-build projects, I just want to see a team on the pitch scoring goals and winning games.

For what JDT wants to do we need pace in the team. We literally have no one, other than Thomas who has now gone. Rothwell is a perfect type of player we need, a fast ball carrier. If we inject some pace onto the wings along with a fast CF then we will see improvements. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Neilbristol said:

I agree. 

You say it as if it's past tense. We still have the same useless owners and that won't change regardless of JDT. Think he will be even more frustrated after the summer?!

If only it was the past tense when it comes down to the owners.

I guess you could say JDT has done well, despite the owners and the people they have appointed, such as Waggott and GB.

Keep him if we can and go again next season.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, JHRover said:

There will be a lot of sh1t stirring from Radio Lancashire and Lancashire Telegraph in there as well. Quite why they are raising his future as a topic for discussion on the day of the final game of the season I don't know, but can safely say they wouldn't have been asking Kompany about whether he will be staying where he is.

In their desperation to find something to talk about they will fan the flames of speculation and rumour. They do it with our better players all the time too.

Radio Lancashire hate Rovers - I've never quite worked out why. I assume either our Comms / PR team are arrogant / difficult to work with, or a lot of the producers / presenters grew up as fans of other teams when Rovers were the big dog in the county and it's scarred them for life. 

My dad an I call it Radio PNE, they bloody love Preston. 

Edited by Exiled_Rover
  • Like 5

17 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

don`t underestimate the pulling power of gerrard or lampard to keep getting big jobs,both of them will be in the frame for the potential leeds job

No chance - both will have to rebuild their reputations elsewhere. Can see them both slinking off to full-time punditry work tbh. 

15 hours ago, Waggy76 said:

I think you have been watching Rovers a long time , like me .

That was NOT a wonderful season , in anyway shape or form...

Personally I enjoyed grinding out wins pre-World Cup. I've also enjoyed the football we've played post-World Cup... I just wish we'd signed a striker in January as it's made the last 6 months extremely frustrating. 

To me JDT has been a breath of fresh air - a manager that doesn't belittle his employer, that looks to promote and develop youth and takes the cup competitions seriously. 

• Like 6

4 hours ago, tomphil said:

He'll have a vision of what he wants to do here although i think a lot of the 'project' talk was just to deflect scrutiny and pressure.

That seems to have faded in recent months but it did usually surface earlier after bad defeats not draws with decent performances. 

Now he'll have a better idea of what he needs and how far he thinks he can push it, to better this season without backing and good players leaving maybe not being replaced will be nigh on impossible.  If the club doesn't share his vision and at least pledge to reinvest the freed up wages this summer then i'm sure he'll want to listen to any other interested parties.

I'm sure he isn't expecting millions he knew when he took the job we'd be focused on our own developments but that will need a lot of help this summer.

He's not daft - he'll have walked onto Brockhall in his first training session and thought "yep, this squad is 4+ transfer windows away from competing". 

He's stuck true to that vision, albeit he was badly let down in the 2nd transfer window (I thought the 3 permanent signings we brought in during the summer were excellent). 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, roverblue said:

If Broughton can't find 3-4 quality attacking players on frees for the £40k+ wages that are (hopefully) walking in the summer in Brereton-Diaz, Dack and Ayala then unfortunately he's not worth his salary. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I seriously hope that we keep JDT for the long term. He has improved this football club and we had our higher finish since being relegated from PL plus we have improved so much from the start of the season to this last game of the season. 

He will sit down with GB and SW to discussed next season plans if he hasn't already and put in place a transfer plan plus scheduling for pre season games and pre season training camp 

JDT's Blue and White Army 🔵

If Tomasson did leave this summer, how would you feel? Angry at him for not seeing things through? Angry at the club for not showing the required ambition to keep him? Fearful?

Wonder if he has to go to India.