BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Premier League 22-23

I don't think my previous post conveyed how weak I think the PL is this year. Look at the bottom 7. 

Southampton - after years of doing nothing with average players and managers it's no surprise they are bottom. 

Wolves - seem to have lost their way. Without getting the manager right and some Portuguese talent through their connections (harder when slipping down the league) they're going to struggle. 

Forest - impressive to be promoted but you can't whack in that many players and expect success. Like with QPR before mass change never does well. 

West Ham - surprising given the talent they have but maybe Moyes, like so many managers at so many clubs, has overstayed his welcome and gone stale. 

Everton - years of mismanagement has left a weak squad and they've a manager who struggles to be mediocre. No surprise they are struggling. 

Bournmouth - championship level squad and manager. 

Leeds - living in the shadow of Bielsa-ball which when the novelty has worn off isn't that effective. 

Leicester - when you see your best players go or continue to age and don't improve the squad you are going to have issues. 

Picking 3 from that lot to go down is a tough ask. All like they seem to be trying to get relegated. I imagine west ham have the quality to stay up, especially with a freshening in the managerial hottest, l but for the rest? They all should be very nervous. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

FB_IMG_1672853058289.jpg

😂 Now 99, that's not fair as it doesn't provide any context to what Lampard has achieved. 

It makes no reference to the fact he had a ton of Chelsea's promising youth at Derby or that Chelsea won the CL the season he was sacked. He just sounds pretty average according to this. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, 1874 said:

Is Declan Rice the most overrated player in the PL

No. Hes fantastic for England and has been for West Ham.  He can't do everything in a poor West Ham team.  He'll thrive at a big club when he moves on 

Edited by roverandout
  • Like 3

Just now, roversfan99 said:

He is definitely overrated, not worth the sums mentioned. Technically limited.

Hes very good technically.  He doesn't lose possession.  He's got a great engine.  Good passer. If he was called declino ricerino you would be raving about him

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Hes very good technically.  He doesn't lose possession.  He's got a great engine.  Good passer. If he was called declino ricerino you would be raving about him

England have a number of players that I highly rate, whereas you cant find fault in the team. He is a good player but he is not one of the very best that rumoured price tags would have you suggest. There are a number of better midfielders in the Prem alone.

6 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

England have a number of players that I highly rate, whereas you cant find fault in the team. He is a good player but he is not one of the very best that rumoured price tags would have you suggest. There are a number of better midfielders in the Prem alone.

Hes clearly nowhere near worth 120 million.  Hes young though. Hes better than kante was at that age. And no I have washed my hands of England after yet another failure.  My belief in them has gone and no there aren't a number of better players in the position in what he does. In fact I would place him in the top 5 players in the world as far as holding/box to box players go. I can only think of maybe casimero and maybe kante as being better. Take into account kante looks finished 

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

Course you have 😉

No I really have.  I'll watch them but I no longer have any real aspirations.  That defeat against France deflated me because they're a bunch of rubber dinghy men

Edited by roverandout

1 hour ago, roverandout said:

No I really have.  I'll watch them but I no longer have any real aspirations.  That defeat against France deflated me because they're a bunch of rubber dinghy men

Stick with us roverandout 

Being an England fan is all about heartache. It’s what brings us together - common misery 

• Like 3

On 03/01/2023 at 21:04, Darrenbot said:

I wonder if Chaddy still thinks he was the right man for the job

Yes I do. Everton need to back him with signings to stay up. I belief that Everton problems aren't just with the players or Lampard but the owner just throwing money at the problem but no proper plan from him

On 03/01/2023 at 21:10, roversfan99 said:

And one of his preferred choices to be the next England manager! Him and Gerrard.

wrong. I said my top choices were Eddie Howe or Graham Potter. I said in 4 years people like Lampard or Gerrard might be potential choices if they perform in the next 4 years might be candidates

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yes I do. Everton need to back him with signings to stay up. I belief that Everton problems aren't just with the players or Lampard but the owner just throwing money at the problem but no proper plan from him

All his teams concede goals. Not what is required in a relegation battle.

'd be worried if I was an Everton fan and they don't sack him. 

• Moderation Lead
2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Chelsea need a quality striker and if I was them I would be going for Toney from Brentford

They’ve got one, they don’t start him, then sub him on and then off in the same match….

Taking out the fact of how competitive the Championship would be for Rovers next season, If you could hand pick 3 teams to be relegated from the premier league from the teams which (realistically) could go down, who would it be?

Mine would be Everton, Wolves and West Ham. 

Everton to finally have a brand spanking new ground and yet be out the top flight.

Wolves to show the Portuguese model hasn't worked.

West Ham to be playing Plymouth and Rotherham in their practically free super-duper Olympic Stadium.

I think West Ham will have enough to avoid the drop, and Everton normally rely on a decent home record at Goodison. If they fail to beat Southampton at home in their next game I would be even more concerned.

Chelsea have just signed Fofana. Any football manager players in here will know this name - PROLIFIC 😄

I like Potter, I just think Chelsea are the wrong club for him. Can't blame him for taking it but you don't get the time there - it is instant success or out. It is a model that has worked for them but for Potter it could set him back a few years.

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

wrong. I said my top choices were Eddie Howe or Graham Potter. I said in 4 years people like Lampard or Gerrard might be potential choices if they perform in the next 4 years might be candidates

Lampard needs time, Appleton needs time, Hirst needs time. We all wish you was our boss.