BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Premier League 22-23

16 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

This "knowing the club" thing is a line often trotted out but its never particularly logical.

Henning Berg knows our club. Colin Hendry knows our club. David Dunn knows our club. You wouldn't take any of them here if Tomasson left. You would naturally prioritise someone who is good at managing a football club and not someone who "knows the club."

You say get the fans onside but why do you think that the Chelsea fans who have been used to success be content with a manager coming in even short term who was sacked within the last couple of years, has since been sacked by Everton for poor performance and has never improved a club simply because he was a great player for them?

Well look at Chelsea fans reacted to this news and its positive news and gives the fans someone to get behind now for the rest of the season. He is a Club legend there and fans will be onside. This allow the owners and sporting directors time now to conduct interviews and find the right manager for next season. Most of the shortlist Chelsea won't take the job until the summer for different reasons. 

9 hours ago, RoverDom said:

There's nothing caretaker about this appointment. Frank will want it long term and I suspect the new owner would have him long term if he performs between now and the end of the season. This is a trial period.

of course Lampard might want it long term but they are interviewing 7 different candidates and from reports Lampard isn't on that list, but if he does well he could end another PL club like Leicester City or West Ham in the summer. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Well look at Chelsea fans reacted to this news and its positive news and gives the fans someone to get behind now for the rest of the season. He is a Club legend there and fans will be onside. This allow the owners and sporting directors time now to conduct interviews and find the right manager for next season. Most of the shortlist Chelsea won't take the job until the summer for different reasons. 

of course Lampard might want it long term but they are interviewing 7 different candidates and from reports Lampard isn't on that list, but if he does well he could end another PL club like Leicester City or West Ham in the summer. 

Bonkers post

1 Leicester and West Ham might not be PL clubs very soon

2 Both of them would be stark staring mad to appoint him anyway given his rubbish track record as a manager

3 West Ham fans despise him because he deserted them for Chelsea as a young player

19 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Chelsea appointing Lampard as interim manager till end of the season makes sense to me. Know the club, some of players and still fan favourite there. Allow the owners and Sporting Directors time to bring in a new manager in the summer. 

If Lampard does well there then it's might cause an issue especially if they win the champions league 

17 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I haven't defending Lampard tho but point out when this appointment makes sense

Different owner with different way of running the club.

Gets the fans back onside and something they could unite behind until end of the season. 

Wise is president of Italian club Como. 

No I didn't read his quotes

Well that's your opinion and others will agree with you or not

Which is it…

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I shouldn't be replying but I can't help it. You have to be doing this for the attention. 

Me and others pulled you up time and again for your ridiculous support of Lampard's managerial ability, especially when he was floundering at Everton.

He is not good enough to be a Premier League manager. 

Tuchel took his Chelsea team and won a Champions League less than 6 months after Lampard was fired.

Dyche has managed 9 games for Everton. He already has as many wins as Lampard had in 20. 

• Like 5

On 04/04/2023 at 09:49, philipl said:

Potter pay off is £13m. As that is severance, it is tax free.

Isn't severance pay tax-free up to £30,000? Not sure how it works for the self-employed, or if a personal service company is involved, or if it's all within IR35, but I can't imagine £13m is tax-free, Philip.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

I have no idea how you have come to the conclusion that the overall Chelsea fans are happy to see Lampard back, where is this from?

This knows the club nonsense baffles me. Firstly, it was owned by someone totally different when he was there. But what makes Chelsea unqiue to the point that "knowing the club" becomes more important than managerial competence of which he hasnt shown any? What does "knows the club" even mean in terms of usefulness as a football manager?

Out of interest, say Jon Dahl Tomasson leaves for Leicester tomorrow. Not saying he will, but if. Would you be happy if we got someone like David Dunn or Tim Sherwood on an interim basis? 2 huge names as players who achieved things, but horrendous managers.

I get that it is temporary (talk of him being able to get such a Premier League job off the back of a good month upcoming despite a terrible CV over 3 jobs is hilarious) but a manager as poor as Lampard cannot be the best bet even if it is just a stop gap until better managers become available in the summer. Potter is actually a decent manager, he would be better for this month. Failing that, they could get a manager with a better record even on a temporary basis. Even Big Sam would be a better choice.

I can't figure out why you defend Lampard in spite of his managerial record. Either you must be biased having admired him as a player, or it is just because he is English. My only logical conclusions.

1 hour ago, wilsdenrover said:

Which is it…

It is the same club with different owners but Lampard knows alot of the players and staff there. 

1 hour ago, speeeeeeedie said:

I shouldn't be replying but I can't help it. You have to be doing this for the attention. 

Me and others pulled you up time and again for your ridiculous support of Lampard's managerial ability, especially when he was floundering at Everton.

He is not good enough to be a Premier League manager. 

Tuchel took his Chelsea team and won a Champions League less than 6 months after Lampard was fired.

Dyche has managed 9 games for Everton. He already has as many wins as Lampard had in 20. 

No I am not doing this for any attention but its based on my opinion. I don't know why you post such things when I have no interested in attention seeking but I am here to talking and discussed Rovers and Football topics. 

Maybe Lampard would have done the same as Tuchel but we will never know. He has Quarter-finals to play in the champions league I believe. I won't be watching it live either btw. 

Yet Everton has still in the relegation dog fight tho. Dyche has done well there so far but the next 9 games for all the teams will be totally dogfight for all teams. 

58 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I have no idea how you have come to the conclusion that the overall Chelsea fans are happy to see Lampard back, where is this from?

From what I have read on twitter seem happy with his appointment. I don't know what being said on their forums as I don't go on their forums. I'm sure it will be discussed by Talksport on the 10pm show which I will listen to

This knows the club nonsense baffles me. Firstly, it was owned by someone totally different when he was there. But what makes Chelsea unqiue to the point that "knowing the club" becomes more important than managerial competence of which he hasnt shown any? What does "knows the club" even mean in terms of usefulness as a football manager?

Well that's your problem. I haven't said its unique to Chelsea but given Lampard legendary status on the club and the fact that he is fans favourite. there. Its 2 months job for him. 

Out of interest, say Jon Dahl Tomasson leaves for Leicester tomorrow. Not saying he will, but if. Would you be happy if we got someone like David Dunn or Tim Sherwood on an interim basis? 2 huge names as players who achieved things, but horrendous managers.

Dunn is at Port Vale as first team coach there and Sherwood hasn't managed for over 7 years now so unlikely that would happen. We have options on the club who could do it on interim basis and our Director of football has said he has shortlist if JDT was to leave at any point. 

I get that it is temporary (talk of him being able to get such a Premier League job off the back of a good month upcoming despite a terrible CV over 3 jobs is hilarious) but a manager as poor as Lampard cannot be the best bet even if it is just a stop gap until better managers become available in the summer. Potter is actually a decent manager, he would be better for this month. Failing that, they could get a manager with a better record even on a temporary basis. Even Big Sam would be a better choice.

I did say that I would keep Potter till end of the season then make a decision. Chelsea didn't do that. Both co-sporting directors recommended to the owners that Potter to be sacked which one of those co-sporting directors was someone Potter took to the club from Brighton. 

Well they have appointed Lampard now and lets see how he does there. 

Big Sam at Chelsea? Just imagine the backlash from the fans there instead the owners made an appointment which is short term but popular with the fanbase whilst they bring in permanent signing in the summer. They are interviewing 7 candidates from reports. 

I can't figure out why you defend Lampard in spite of his managerial record. Either you must be biased having admired him as a player, or it is just because he is English. My only logical conclusions.

I was big fan of Lampard as a player and I don't think his managerial record at Derby and Chelsea is as bad as some on here think. Granted Everton experience wasn't good enough. 

40 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

They will be fuming. Surely between Ledley King, Robbie Keane and Les Ferdinand.

In all seriousness, would be a shit appointment.

I think Rodgers would be decent option given he plays attacking football and that is why Spurs fans want. 

Spurs fans complained about Conte's tactics and not playing the style they want to watch. 

But Spurs have massive problems with what they do with Sporting Director and whether his ban will still be in place come the summer. 

I still think Spurs should be looking at Pochettino or Nagelsmann who Spurs have been previously interested in before previous appointments. 

23 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Chelsea appointing Lampard as interim manager till end of the season makes sense to me. Know the club, some of players and still fan favourite there.

My manager is a real likeable bloke and his been with the company for years. He's bloody atrocious at his job. I invest half my time attempting to manage my manager. He's only in the position because he's likeable and has stuck around long enough. 

Odd analogy I know. But being a fan favourite and knowing the club means diddly squat.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

It is the same club with different owners but Lampard knows alot of the players and staff there. 

Chelsea’s turnover of players is ridiculous - how many from Lampard’s first spell as manager are still there?

Potter brought his entire back room staff with him (from Brighton) - I doubt many, if any, of Lampard’s staff are still there (Tuchel) would have brought in his own team too)

Hilarious that Chelsea went back and hired Lampard, even if it is till the end of the season. 

The bloke is a dreadful manager.

Usual issue that comes up when clubs appoint legends for the short term, what if he goes in and does really well over the short term? They put themselves in a position whereby they have to hire him full time, knowing full well it won't work out in the medium/long term.

• Like 1

He deserves it because he was formally a player.

“When this came up it was a big opportunity for myself and it is an opportunity that I think I have worked for, because I played as a professional for 20 years or so, I worked and I learnt the game,” Lampard said.

Edited by Mattyblue