BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship - 22-23

• Moderation Lead
33 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Its quite surprised just how negative you are on here. his name need removing from BRFC history and his name should be barred on here from being mention. 

I think Bowyer would be good appointment for Blackpool along with Leam Richardson, Danny Cowley and Chris Wilder. 

Do we really need to be shutting down debate by calling people ‘negative’?

I don’t think that’s something we need to re visit. (Neither is dismissing people as ‘happy clappers’, on balance).

12 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

How is that negative? Bowyer thankfully doesn't manage or have anything to do with Rovers nor has he for a long while. Not a particularly good manager.

But 2 promotions on his CV. 

Merely having Championship/EFL experience doesn't make someone a good manager, Coyle was an example of that.

Wilder the best of those, possibly unobtainable but his stock will have fallen this season.

Bowyer has plenty of experiences and been success at that level and has 2 promotions plus worked in difficult circumstances before at Blackpool. 

Going for old managers is not usually advisable but Critchley would be a better choice if they went down that route.

Why would he given how he walked away from the job for a coaching job on Gerrard staff. 

If I was Blackpool CEO I would go for either Richardson or Wilder

1 minute ago, K-Hod said:

Do we really need to be shutting down debate by calling people ‘negative’?

I don’t think that’s something we need to re visit. (Neither is dismissing people as ‘happy clappers’, on balance).

I am trying to discuss and debate but why mention Coyle name in the discuss. 

I think Bowyer would be decent appointment as I think he would for Reading or other league 1 clubs who looking for a new manager 

11 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I am trying to discuss and debate but why mention Coyle name in the discuss. 

I think Bowyer would be decent appointment as I think he would for Reading or other league 1 clubs who looking for a new manager 

He was using Coyle as an example that experienced doesn’t automatically equal good.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, superniko said:

Could be a really interesting year coming up for a few clubs.

I think PNE could be in for a real struggle. Little to no investment at all in their squad and a few players running down contracts. Johnson leaving on a free this summer they've got absolutely zero creativity. Relegation battle for them.

WBA running out of money, they'll be selling anyone of value and won't be attracting much good. Can see Coberan leaving when reality hits in, maybe Leeds would fancy him if they end up relegated.

If Leicester come down they've got a huge loan out to the banks, I'd imagine they play it the same way as Burnley in that they'll sell Maddison and Barnes for £70m or so, and reinvest £20m of it. Their wage bill is around £70m a year, and I doubt they have any clauses in place. It won't be as easy as people think to emulate what Kompany managed to do this year.

I hope Preston go down. Shit town with a shit team.

• Like 2

The walking talking contradiction strikes again.

Presumably if they miss out it will be handbrake on again telling them all about what a young squad they have and the 'we can't compete' mantra.

Through a fortunate combination of negligent ownership and a fanbase beaten into submission he got away with that for years at Ewood. He won't get the same with a switched on owner and vociferous fanbase.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, JHRover said:

The walking talking contradiction strikes again.

Presumably if they miss out it will be handbrake on again telling them all about what a young squad they have and the 'we can't compete' mantra.

Through a fortunate combination of negligent ownership and a fanbase beaten into submission he got away with that for years at Ewood. He won't get the same with a switched on owner and vociferous fanbase.

The difference up there is that when he starts spouting that shit the fans will just tell him to fuck off.

I don't know how the fanbase here has been so passive over the last 12 years. Even when there were protests they were mostly about the bald rat. From day one the problem has always been venkys, yet there seems to be no end of people who would line up in the pissing rain and snow just to lick their boots. There is a serious disconnect.

46 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

That’s a conservative estimate, I’d say we’ve lost many more. Matty will be along any minute to tell us how many.

I’ve found an LT report from 2009 saying we’d sold 17,500 (Blackburn End and Riverside almost sold out) with three weeks to go ‘til the start of that season.

The report includes John Williams defending the decision not to extend the £199 offer* to the Darwen End.

It mentions they were hoping to match the 95/96 figure of circa 19,000.

*3rd cheapest tickets in the whole league (behind Huddersfield and Accrington)

Williams also talks about how good it would be to get even more fans in the ground - no mention of the extra revenue though…

Edited by wilsdenrover
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

That’s a conservative estimate, I’d say we’ve lost many more. Matty will be along any minute to tell us how many.

Cheeky!

But as you asked, we had 18,500 in 2010, the year they bought the club. 

We started 21/22 with 6,995. Who knows if we’ll even hit the dizzying heights of 8,000 this time. 

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Cheeky!

But as you asked, we had 18,500 in 2010, the year they bought the club. 

We started 21/22 with 6,995. Who knows if we’ll even hit the dizzying heights of 8,000 this time. 

It breaks your heart. 

• Like 2