BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v WBA (h) - 14/8/22

2 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

At 17 it is very difficult to make your own decisions and not to listen to the people around you. If agent and family want him to cash in now he is probably going to.

Sure, I just think its the wrong decision and thats not just because i have my Rovers tinted specs on. Look at our depth, he has a real chance here to get in the team on a regular basis. Give it a season or two and he could be a regular if not before. Certainly did not harm his chances today. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, riverholmes said:

Rankin-Costello came off on 37 mins in the U21 match today against Wolves, possibly meaning he suffered an injury. We'll have to await confirmation but a recall of James Brown from Stockport might be needed, if contractually possible.

Edit: It's likely due to lack of options but I feel that the manager has the balance between attack and defence on the subs bench a little off at the moment. Rather than Adam Wharton, I'd have the more defensively minded and versatile Garrett there. Wharton is a really promising player but I'd go for the cover of Garrett, who could displace Edun as the utility player, if he performs.

I think Brown was Stockport MOM yesterday.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Cool nonchalance. 

Didn't walk around the edge of the pitch applauding with the players at the end - came out to the centre circle, clapped the fans then walked back in. i.e. it was just job done for him, rather than a cup final. 

Yeah saw the club twitter -showed the scenes at the end - I posted them in here. He showed Phillips a lot of love at the end. Fingers crossed that one. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Dolan was like a little boy lost again.  He has little boy pace.....

I couldn't believe when he just came on and that O'Shea flew past him to win the ball 😂. I think he did alright though him and dack. We needed to change something to get higher up the pitch and it worked.

I think last season we draw or lose that game today. Everyone gave their absolute all. Even if they weren't having the greatest game. I said 2-1 the other day, more out of hope than actually thinking we'd win. Great goals and a brilliant result.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Danny O.Brien said:

I couldn't believe when he just came on and that O'Shea flew past him to win the ball 😂. I think he did alright though him and dack. We needed to change something to get higher up the pitch and it worked.

I think last season we draw or lose that game today. Everyone gave their absolute all. Even if they weren't having the greatest game. I said 2-1 the other day, more out of hope than actually thinking we'd win. Great goals and a brilliant result.

I think more of it was just fresh legs. Dolan is an ideal sub as he will work hard and pressure tired legs. Not his best game by a mile but you cannot fault the lads workrate. Dack was okay and its more minutes for him. Hope he can become more involved int he weeks coming. 

Really good, tenacious win.

Just about managed to hang on despite the increasing injuries. 

We struggled to keep possession throughout, although WBA were impressive at closing us down. Really need composure on the ball when Dack is not playing. 

Despite reports of an improvement on last season, I maintain that any player in the squad would have performed better than Edun. JDT, like Mowbray, is obviously fooled into thinking he's a player, but so far he's a liability, and we win despite his questionable efforts. 

Without BBD, we will find it difficult to maintain this brilliant run, so the recruitment this week is pivotal to our chances of staying at the top. 

We'll  be a real force if we can find a flow and a few defenders. 

COYB. 

Edited by garnersfags

1 minute ago, garnersfags said:

Really good, tenacious win.

Just about managed to hang on despite the increasing injuries. 

We struggled to keep possession throughout, although WBA were impressive at closing us down. Really need composure on the ball when Dack is not playing. 

Despite reports of an improvement on last season, I maintain that any player in the squad would have performed better than Edun. JDT, like Mowbray, is obviously fooled into thinking he's a player, but so far he's a liability, and we win despite his questionable efforts. 

Without BBD, we will find it difficult to maintain this brilliant run, so the recruitment this week is pivotal to our chances of keeping the run going. 

We'll  be a real force if we can find a flow and a few defenders. 

COYB. 

Bit harsh, Edun has been decent this season. Defence was makeshift at the end and they had quality on both flanks in Wallace and Dangara. 

• Like 3

I don't think that I have seen the total revolution in style under JDT that many imply. It is much more subtle IMO.

A lot of talk about how we wouldn't have won that last season, I don't necessarily agree, we won lots of gritty, hard fought games last season and battered a few teams too.

There is talk about the fluid front 4, in the main they have fixed positions including ones that have historically created criticism, Gallagher wide the obvious example.

None of this is critical in any way, football is about results and it's 100% successful at the moment, plus I do think that at times the managers tactical prowess has shone through already. 

So far, so good.

• Like 2

Just got back, massive win and at one stage I thought we'd be stinging from a WBA fight back.

Edun was appalling today. We need a couple of defenders and another attacking midfielder - Morton, Styles and Bowler would be perfect. Would love to see a good striker added to the ranks too but I can't see that happening with all the goals flying in over 3 games.

21 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Some of you guys wanna start charging Nyambe and Mowbray rent for the amount they’re still in your heads….

They’ve gone and they aren’t coming back!

Clearly referring to myself on the Nyambe part. When did it become so taboo to mention a player that was contracted to the club up to a few weeks ago. Is it not allowed to highlight that recent players may have been useful or come in handy when they have recently departed when to some it seemed quite avoidable? Strange approach if so.

Saying "letting X go seems a mistake even more now as we needed a goal, a clean sheet" or whatever. 

• Like 1

Just now, booth said:

Just got back, massive win and at one stage I thought we'd be stinging from a WBA fight back.

Edun was appalling today. We need a couple of defenders and another attacking midfielder - Morton, Styles and Bowler would be perfect. Would love to see a good striker added to the ranks too but I can't see that happening with all the goals flying in over 3 games.

Morton? 

34 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Some of you guys wanna start charging Nyambe and Mowbray rent for the amount they’re still in your heads….

They’ve gone and they aren’t coming back!

I mean Nyambe is available on a free at the end of the season as it stands 😏

• Like 5

All rovers fans can be justly proud of the effort & endeavour put in by the players to get the result today. The fitness levels look the best since the Hughes era. JDT very clever at managing the players game time in so far as he can, so far.

On the Mowbrayfication topic ,useful to point out that Tony Mowbray was far and away the longest-serving manager in the Championship so the large mileage he gets is very justified IMO.