BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v WBA (h) - 14/8/22

If we think we have a £20m striker in BBD they have Grant who is I believe a better all round player and probably valued at £25m, they have Diagana who again is quality and is another £25m plus player and then they have Robinson who can score from very little. Add that to a solid midfield spine with creativity and the value of Rovers taking 3 points from WBA is massive. Rovers showed mettle and bottle aplenty along with two sublime pieces of finishing !

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, JonnyP said:

Edun was very dodgy. 

He was playing right in front of me in the JW upper and I didn’t think he was that bad. It was everyone else giving the ball away cheaply that was stressing me.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 3

Anyone fancy a Nyambe vs Brittain debate now? Not even a discussion. We’ve a £10million player in that boy. Hedges sprinting around in the 101st minute was incredible, Dack’s looking sharper, Ayala’s a monster, pickering actually looks semi useful as a CB and BBD IS THE BEST FOOTBALLER IN THE WORLD. 

That is all, see you all tomorrow.

1 minute ago, Mellor Rover said:

Anyone fancy a Nyambe vs Brittain debate now? Not even a discussion. We’ve a £10million player in that boy. Hedges sprinting around in the 101st minute was incredible, Dack’s looking sharper, Ayala’s a monster, pickering actually looks semi useful as a CB and BBD IS THE BEST FOOTBALLER IN THE WORLD. 

I did think this in the first half.

Brittain did things in the first half than Nyambe never will.

Also fully agree with the above point on how many people we’re committing to attack phases and also the sharp, concise build up play.

1 hour ago, jim mk2 said:

Who'd like Nyambe and Lenihan back now? I wasn't happy at either of them leaving as I saw them as good solid, experienced performers who still had alot to offer at the club. But we are where we are and the club needs to act fast to get more bodies in. 

My problem was, I did not like them leaving for nothing. If they had left for a few million no-one would be bothered, which is exactly how I feel about them at the moment. 

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Neal said:

Just seen this from Steve Bruce, absolutely delusional...

"But the way the performance was, anybody neutral would have come away and thought how the hell have Blackburn won that. Football at times, that's why it's the game we love."

Nah mate, you got absolutely outworked, out thought, we wanted more than your team, you didn't have any individual quality worthy of winning the game (despite your team costing a small fortune in fee's and wages). For the most part, we were more disciplined than you and we beat you with a completely make shift back 4... Oh and you didn't even deserve to score that raggy goal. 

Jog on. You looked ordinary. We made you look ordinary. Stop eating pies, you're going to explode. 

Bruce has never and will never give a Blackburn side much credit, i still maintain he'll be sacked at some point this season the swollen mercenary. 

• Like 5

33 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

He ran his legs off for the time on tree pitch in 34 degs of heat the stadium was a sweltering sweat box - he is part of a squad that has just won 4 on the spin !

TD should have scored twice but didn't have the pace or the composure/skill when needed.  We can do much better.  Yes he runs around but that's a given for me.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

TD should have scored twice but didn't have the pace or the composure/skill when needed.  We can do much better.  Yes he runs around but that's a given for me.

And yet we are still unbeaten and top of the league.

Up at the Black Bull before today's game. Met up with a fellow Forum member and four Albion fans, who he knows. Good banter. No-one I've ever spoken to has a good word to say about Bruce, that includes a bloke a play five a side with, who is Villa fan. Turgid old fashioned Mowbray shite. He's yesterday man!

18 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

Nighty night.

Delighted with the win and the team performance who battled, chased, work their socks off to get that team in those hot temperatures. 

Some very good performances like Ayala(my MOTM) and Travis were the best players on the pitch for me. Diaz produced a good goal and assist for Gallagher goal. Phillips was solid the all game and he show what talent and ability he has. Hopefully that continue here long term. Brittain shown today why he is better right back for us than Nyambe with that brave header clearance in the last minute of the first half. Every player that started got 8 out of 10 from me and 7 for the rest. Good team performance

I never thought we would concede goal against us. It took a massive deflection for that to happen. They had a few good chances but I never felt in danger and we control the game well. They lacked quality in the final third for me challenging for promotion 

JDT has done a great job in the first 3 games and the players clearly under how and what he wants from each and every player in the team. 

Its felt great at full time to be 3 wins from 3 games and top of the league. 

JDT's Blue and White Army! 🔵

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, DE. said:

Love to read all of these salty comments from managers whose teams we've dispatched 😎 will take the opposition seeing their arse any day over oppo managers praising our style after they've beaten us. 

Yeah the ego's. We had all the stats malarky with Swansea. You don't have our Chilean wonder or a manager that is turning many of us towards the same sex, so go fck yaselves. 

Edited by JacknOry
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, 1864roverite said:

It’s a very long time since I witnessed the WHOLE Rovers support stand and applaud those players as they crawled off the park having given their all and busted more than a gut for the shirt, for themselves, for each other and for the fans 👍. We have always known there is a togetherness within the squad but todays game more than ever it was on display and none more so than Ayala and Travis supported by a wonderful team effort ! Strikers scoring 2 excellent goals and the defence, as patched up as it is only conceding an outrageous deflected effort from a team that on paper look to be one of the best in the league. What a pity there wasn’t even more home fans in the ground to witness what is unfolding on that pitch and within this squad JDT and co appear to have instilled an even better ethic a solid spine and the tactical nouse for the players to go out work hard and win games! It’s a pleasure to see ! Every fan needs to spread the Rovers word be as one and get on Ewood something special is happening 

great to see just over 13k Rovers fans there today backing the Rovers, the players and JDT. Its seems that JDT has bought a new sense of faith and winning games and playing well will keep attract fans to games game in game out. 

I agreed that something special is happening under JDT

21 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

Anyone fancy a Nyambe vs Brittain debate now? Not even a discussion. We’ve a £10million player in that boy.

I don't think they is any reason to have a debate on it cos its clear for me. Brittain wins every day. 

I kept saying for months that we should sign Brittain and thank god we did cos he very good championship right back

21 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

Hedges sprinting around in the 101st minute was incredible,

Agreed. He is key player under JDT