BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v WBA (h) - 14/8/22

55 minutes ago, Mike E said:

But it's not OURS, it's the England team's. Otherwise we might as well nick Blue Moon from City before games.

I'd much rather have something that's ours for victories.

Any of Enter Sandman, The Boys are Back in Town, or Simply the Best all get my votes from the classic rock genre. And everyone knows those as well.

Simply the Best has been used by Rangers for many a year now Mike, so that one is a no from me :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mike E said:

But it's not OURS, it's the England team's. Otherwise we might as well nick Blue Moon from City before games.

Any of Enter Sandman, The Boys are Back in Town, or Simply the Best all get my votes from the classic rock genre. And everyone knows those as well.

I'd argue it isn't even England's, Northern Ireland have been playing it for years now. Then again, they nicked it from America. I do love Simply the Best but slightly tainted by the links to Rangers (for me, and I appreciate others will disagree). That being said, Rangers playing 'I'm feeling it' sounded brilliant in their European games.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mike E said:

Exactly!!! 

But its not going to change though, blackburn folk in general are always 10 miles behind the curve and still just looking in the rear view mirror when it comes to music. 

Shit I was considered strange for liking oasis, 'britpop' etc... In the mid 90s whilst the majority of others my age where still listening to god awful cheesy MC knobrash rave music or bloody kiddy pop chart music

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, smiller14 said:

I'd argue it isn't even England's, Northern Ireland have been playing it for years now. Then again, they nicked it from America. I do love Simply the Best but slightly tainted by the links to Rangers (for me, and I appreciate others will disagree). That being said, Rangers playing 'I'm feeling it' sounded brilliant in their European games.

Completely agree with ‘I’m feeling it’, it sounded immense. I’d love something like that to happen naturally for us. There’s plenty of 90s dance anthems that could have the same effect, especially given Blackburn’s cultural link to the genre, but I’m Feeling It would probably feel forced.

Wolves have it similar with the Gigi D’Agostino tune L’amour Toujour, I believe it was played when they faced Espanyol away & it has since stuck.

Some wonderful trolling by WBA fans today about how quiet Ewood was.

From where I was sitting it was the loudest it’s been for some time. Atmosphere was pretty good fuelled by the current wave of optimism I imagine.

Edited by booth
  • Like 5

18 minutes ago, CheshireRover said:

Completely agree with ‘I’m feeling it’, it sounded immense. I’d love something like that to happen naturally for us. There’s plenty of 90s dance anthems that could have the same effect, especially given Blackburn’s cultural link to the genre, but I’m Feeling It would probably feel forced.

Wolves have it similar with the Gigi D’Agostino tune L’amour Toujour, I believe it was played when they faced Espanyol away & it has since stuck.

L'amour Toujour is brilliant! 

That being said, 'I gotta feelin' is a truly awful song and I still remember Ewood bouncing to it when we beat Burnley 3-2. My Burnley mate (I know!) still walks out whenever it comes on, and whenever I'm unfortunate enough to hear it somewhere I'm always sure to send him a video. Then again, they could have played any tune that day and Ewood would have obliged in song/dance!

Edited by smiller14
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, booth said:

From where I was sitting it was the loudest it’s been for some time. Atmosphere was pretty good fuelled by the current wave of optimism I imagine.

Who cares what they think. “ Winners are grinners and losers can please themselves.”

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, booth said:

WBA fans did nothing but trot out the same tired unoriginal 4 or 5 chants everybody else does. I would rather sit in silence than give it the "your grounds too big for you" "is this a library" medley they did. Boring shite 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, smiller14 said:

L'amour Toujour is brilliant! 

That being said, 'I gotta feelin' is a truly awful song and I still remember Ewood bouncing to it when we beat Burnley 3-2. My Burnley mate (I know!) still walks out whenever it comes on, and whenever I'm unfortunate enough to hear it somewhere I'm always sure to send him a video. Then again, they could have played any tune that day and Ewood would have obliged in song/dance!

Funnily enough, that was the main one that came to mind writing my comment! That, and Set You Free by N-Trance. 
I think spontaneity’s the key though, if it just ‘happens’ it always feels better & more like it’s ours.

22 minutes ago, TheWeasel said:

WBA fans did nothing but trot out the same tired unoriginal 4 or 5 chants everybody else does. I would rather sit in silence than give it the "your grounds too big for you" "is this a library" medley they did. Boring shite 

I didn't hear them until they scored.

• Backroom
2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I wouldn't even say its the England team's song either as It from cricket firstly. But every Rovers fan know the song and I believe its Travis is have decided the music at the start of games and when we win, so lets back his choices. Its got to 

any of enter sandman by Metallic would be totally no from me.  I had to google that to find who song that was. 

The boys are back in town and simply the best are from the past. Time to move on from those songs now. 

Thunderstruck is 32yo. Even older are Rovers classics like Final Countdown and Wild Rover, should we move on from them too?

If you genuinely had to Google Enter Sandman, that's on you.

• Like 8

16 hours ago, Mellor Rover said:

Anyone fancy a Nyambe vs Brittain debate now? Not even a discussion. We’ve a £10million player in that boy. Hedges sprinting around in the 101st minute was incredible, Dack’s looking sharper, Ayala’s a monster, pickering actually looks semi useful as a CB and BBD IS THE BEST FOOTBALLER IN THE WORLD. 

That is all, see you all tomorrow.

We would have had a 10 mill player in Nyambe if you just went off a run of his best 3 games. It's very, very early days. Seen plenty of players look shit hot early doors and fade away. Jay McEveley once looked like the next big thing. Time will tell. He's made a fine start.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mike E said:

3 hours ago, Danny O.Brien said:

It's not even England's, it's boxing's but I have to agree I hate that we have jumped on the bandwagon. All the tv graphics have changed, new scoreboard and they have had a good clean of the actual stadium. We should have our own song. 

Actually the Northern Ireland fans started singing sweet Caroline a long time before the English adopted it. So it was nicked in the first place. 

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I wouldn't even say its the England team's song either as It from cricket firstly. But every Rovers fan know the song and I believe its Travis is have decided the music at the start of games and when we win, so lets back his choices. Its got to 

any of enter sandman by Metallic would be totally no from me.  I had to google that to find who song that was. 

The boys are back in town and simply the best are from the past. Time to move on from those songs now. 

Do yourself a favour Chaddy and listen to some of the Black Album by Metallica, it’s a great starting point for your heavy metal education 🤘🏻I’ve got an image of you being a big Phil Collins fan

😉☺️

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Thought we saw the game out reasonably well yesterday. 

Lack of available defenders a worry, hopefully one in by Tues.  Keep saying it though, we need an attacking  player who is seriously rapid (Bellamy, Josh King kind of rapid) who will force teams to sit a a little deeper towards the end of games.  

Missing piece in the jigsaw from an attacking and defesive point of view - in my humble opinion.

We don't want teams sitting deeper. We are better when they come at us.

• Like 1