BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v WBA (h) - 14/8/22

2 minutes ago, Claytons Left Boot said:

A catchy tune, no doubt, but it’s a friggin Burnley song. When they played it at Old Trafford, I couldn’t believe everyone was singing along to it. I think the bar stuards played it on purpose and we’re pissing themselves behind the scenes.

I’m sure Irish Rover by the Dubliners/Pogues could be adapted to suit us. I may just have a go myself. Watch this space..

I would walk 500 miles,

And I would walk 500 more, 

To meet a man who'd scored a goal against the Dingles at Turf Mooooor.

Simon Garner, Simon Garner, Nah, nah ETC. 

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Jimmy612 said:

I was wondering that.   Bet he means Gally as the other goal scorer.

Kaminski is better than their keeper. I think both Travis and Buckley are better than what they have as well. Ayala gets in for sure too. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Claytons Left Boot said:

A catchy tune, no doubt, but it’s a friggin Burnley song. When they played it at Old Trafford, I couldn’t believe everyone was singing along to it. I think the bar stuards played it on purpose and we’re pissing themselves behind the scenes.

I’m sure Irish Rover by the Dubliners/Pogues could be adapted to suit us. I may just have a go myself. Watch this space..

A Bolton song it was as far as i was concerned.

22 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I started quite a lot of debate about peoples views on part of the matchday experience.

As per usual, your response is along the lines of stop being negative/stop complaining.

No my response was it very minor issue tbh. I go to watch the team play and the music before or after the game played zero part in my game experience. very simple

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

No my response was it very minor issue tbh. I go to watch the team play and the music before or after the game played zero part in my game experience. very simple

I go to watch the team, but if you are totally disinterested in the topic, why have you contributed with an opinion so heavily? 

We go to watch the team, why does it matter if the food is crap/overpriced/brilliant, the programmes are or aren't sold, they play music too loud, the bogs are a mess or pristinely maintained, the stewards are fair/inadequate, whether we install a standing section, whether the ground is more than half empty/totally full? Lets not discuss anything but the game?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I go to watch the team, but if you are totally disinterested in the topic, why have you contributed with an opinion so heavily? 

We go to watch the team, why does it matter if the food is crap/overpriced/brilliant, the programmes are or aren't sold, they play music too loud, the bogs are a mess or pristinely maintained, the stewards are fair/inadequate, whether we install a standing section, whether the ground is more than half empty/totally full? Lets not discuss anything but the game?

You raised a minor issues about the music that we play when we win a game. 

You didn't raised those other issues which to be fair are raise fully in other threads by plenty of people including myself. 

I will ask one simple question what do you mean by "the stewards are fair/inadequate"? 

2 hours ago, Dan said:

Am I the only one that misses ‘Song 2’ when we score? 

Slide Away by Oasis would be good after a win or maybe Live Forever? 

Any one have a link about Trav choosing the music? 

Bit daft but I've always liked the idea of each player having their own tune (of their own choosing) to be played when they score. 

Probably too complicated and too much like hardwork for whichever jobsworth does the PA stuff, i mean they don't even seem to know how to control the volume (other than to just turn everything up to 11)

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo

2 hours ago, Jimmy612 said:

11 minutes..... someone please explain.

It felt about right to me. Three drinks breaks whilst Phillips, Travis and Kaminski had treatment, probably 6/7 minutes minimum. 7 substitutes and some general time wasting by us. I said to my mate just before that I reckoned 10 minutes but I couldn’t argue with 11.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JacknOry said:

They dont rate him at all and do not understand why he is getting picked over a young talent that is coming through. 

Because he's a big intimidating bully in CM and that's the style of play Bruce prefers. 

He was constantly in the ref's ear yesterday and clearly had a massive influence on how he officiated the game.

A side note, the atmosphere in Ewood was fantastic yesterday. Being a part of the entire Blackburn End standing up for what felt like the entire 11 mins stoppage time was great. Imagine what it could be like with 17/18k in every week Waggott...

Why do the songs need to be new and modern?

My 1st team have had the same song at the start since around 1980 "Into the Valley" by local band The Skids. And at the end of every game win, lose or draw, they play The Bluebell Polka

https://youtu.be/g3hAtxZXNrA?t=18

Even the young guys and gals end up humming it as they walk home. Especially after a win.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

A side note, the atmosphere in Ewood was fantastic yesterday. Being a part of the entire Blackburn End standing up for what felt like the entire 11 mins stoppage time was great. Imagine what it could be like with 17/18k in every week Waggott...

Imagine what it would be like to get permanent standing back on the Blackburn End or at least a section of it.

• Backroom
2 hours ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Bit daft but I've always liked the idea of each player having their own tune (of their own choosing) to be played when they score. 

Probably too complicated and too much like hardwork for whichever jobsworth does the PA stuff, i mean they don't even seem to know how to control the volume (other than to just turn everything up to 11)

Could you imagine the havoc with VAR?

Although I'd like someone scoring an own goal to be greeted by the Benny Hill music...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

You raised a minor issues about the music that we play when we win a game. 

You didn't raised those other issues which to be fair are raise fully in other threads by plenty of people including myself. 

I will ask one simple question what do you mean by "the stewards are fair/inadequate"? 

It wasn't an opinion, it was one of numerous examples of things that affect the matchday experience that by your logic shouldn't be discussed because we only go to watch a football match.

Dismissing people because you consider their opinion to be negative or critical is IMO not conducive to allowing debate to flow on a messageboard.

My personal preference would be to remove Sweet Caroline, ideally with no music to be played at full time, allowing a more natural crowd driven noise if we win.