BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v WBA (h) - 14/8/22

1 hour ago, booth said:

I just want to say, now I've cooled down, that the players today should be commended for playing in this freak weather. It can't have been easy and most of them gave 100%.

For the first time I'm now thinking we should try and keep hold of Diaz. Those goals are too valuable, along with the assist today for goal 2. Get him signed up, give him what he wants. Every other fan in the championship wants him in their team. Seeing his goal today brought back memories of Shearer hitting it from outside of the box.

Like em or loath em everything about Venkys suggests BBD isn't going for less than £15m come hell or high water.

2 minutes ago, Tom said:

In fairness I thought the luck went against us today with the deflected goal, our goals were both sheer class and we defended resolutely throughout 

Yeah I agree. I thought it was a great defensive performance. If they hadn’t got the deflected goal I don’t think they would ever have scored. Even the makeshift defence didn’t look that troubled. They did have the ball but didn’t do a lot with it. The flip side of that is we are clinical and that must be frightening. Ask WBA and Swansea. Really professional organised performance with great game management. Almost Italian in its method. Just a pleasure to watch and gives you confidence.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Madon said:

Sweet Caroline is a keeper for me. I'm not a huge fan of it but I was absolutely buzzing giving it the big fist pumps at full time... 'so good, so good, so good' 🎉

I hated the song until rovers started winning now it’s a family fave 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Andy said:

And besides, as a professional sportsman, a pint should be the last thing on his mind!

That's the craziest bit about how good he is on the pitch, he's not a professional sportsman!

3 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Cant help but think that the music upon victory needs changing.

Surely, when we have won, we don't need music for 10 minutes, before sweet Caroline is played. We want to hear the crowd react to the win. 

It was soooo loud today, until the music drowned out the BB End. 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Like em or loath em everything about Venkys suggests BBD isn't going for less than £15m come hell or high water.

On the basis of his value to us in a promotion campaign, I'm wondering if we should gamble and keep him?

Would have lost without him? 2 gambles that have to be dealt with right---Brereton and Phlips.

Is our admin up to the challenge?

So over the moon right now, great time to be a Rover!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Bohinen1983 said:

Can't keep riding our luck. We need to start taking control of games.  We're extremely light at centre half, centre mid and upfront.   I'll feel a lot more positive after we've reinforced the squad with some more quality.  If we don't this won't carry on.

I agree to some extent. 

We lacked fluency, despite some pleasing passing triangles, which meant that we just couldn't keep the ball when we were 2 nil up.

This will come, though, as the players get used to JDT's philosophy, and each other. 

Lots of away games on the horizon, we'll know how good this squad is by September. 

Top result today...

Edited by garnersfags

1 hour ago, Gavrover said:

What a tool... that means he couldn't bloody get near them...

6070E39B-61BD-47F5-9B3D-491E9FB8D781.jpeg

His referee was dominant too, adding that ridiculous amount of time on. Brucey has obviously been taking tips from his old boss Sir Alex.

Didn't work though did it, you wrong nosed c*nt.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Brereton is getting close to irreplaceable. He's scoring goals out of nothing and making them too. He's our matchwinner. Without him we'd have lost today and quite a few games over the past 12 months. He's just getting better and better. Surely we should be pulling out all the stops to keep him and what use is £15m if it blows a hole in our great start to the season? 

Agreed.

If it did come down to us selling him we'd have to go for someone like Adebayo at Luton, or someone similarly ruthless in front of goal.

Obviously unbelievable to start off with nine points out of nine (for the first time since 1988 apparently) but don't know if I'm going against the grain by opining we didn't play very well. For me too many players well off the pace and we were really slow and laborious in possession of the ball in the first half. A lot of that can probably be put down to the freak conditions, I'm not all that sure if it's worth playing in such extreme temperatures if both teams are going to take impromptu drinks breaks every seven or eight minutes, the game just can't get going or have any flow to it and no wonder there were three minutes extra at half time and eleven minutes at the end. It seems totally  counterproductive to me to have the teams out there for an extra 15 minutes in those temperatures.

Anyhow as everyone has pointed out Ayala and BBD were excellent and we simply can't afford to lose the latter imo. Buckley, Szmodics and Hedges weren't at it today imo and even Kaminsky looked hesitant and nervous but the will to win we showed when under the cosh was tremendous. There's a sense I think that something really good might be happening and each win almost feels like celebrating winning a Cup Final at the moment.

The downside of course is that it's only taken us 3 games to run into a mini injury crisis. Time for Messrs Waggott and Broughton to do their jobs, and get some players in to what was already an extremely thin squad to start with.

The new manager has vastly exceeded expectations so far. Give him the support and the tools he needs to do the job!

• Like 3

What a fantastic victory! This was a real test and we passed it with flying colours. Hopefully Brittain and Phillips will be ok for Wed, we certainly need bodies through the door!  I also added the below to the JDT thread but thought it appropriate here too. 

What struck me after beating WBA was the difference in the 2 managers. Wba have an excellent squad that has cost a lot of money to assemble. Yes they are missing a main focal point striker at the moment, but we had men out at the back.

However we managed to prevail, largely because or how much better a manager I think JDT is compared to Bruce. Bruce is stale, old fashioned, makes excuses, says the same soundbites. JDT on the other hand is young, progressive, attention to detail, enthusiastic and is demanding of the players.

I truly believe that if the roles had been reversed (ie Bruce managed us and JDT Wba) that they would have battered us today.

Wba may still go up, but it will be in spite of Bruce as opposed to because of him.

Edited by BRFC4EVA