BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v WBA (h) - 14/8/22

5 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

Brereton is getting close to irreplaceable. He's scoring goals out of nothing and making them too. He's our matchwinner. Without him we'd have lost today and quite a few games over the past 12 months. He's just getting better and better. Surely we should be pulling out all the stops to keep him and what use is £15m if it blows a hole in our great start to the season? 

Fully agree on this.

If I was in his position I'd be happy to stay this season anyway, another impressive season and imagine all the offers he would have from clubs at the end of the season with him being A)more proven B)free. As it stands we're not really aware of any concrete interest in him, he's still classed as high risk I would say as well, he might be nowhere near as good this season (although early signs are good!).

If anything I'd say he is already looking better this season than the start of last. I know he was scoring last season but he looks a different level so far, especially yesterday. I can't get over how good he is at carrying the ball. He is really awkward for defenders to stop aswell. I'd be tempted to as previously said keep him at the risk of him walking for free. Surely we'd have to break the bank for him to sign a new deal. Like 30/40k a week. Unless we insert a pay rise dependent on promotion and a release clause maybe. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

If you want a Danish connection for the music and want Metallica, then it has to be For Whom the Bell Tolls, Anesthesia,or Creeping Death.

What about Wherever I May Roam for away games? Alternatively on the Danish connection we could have Junior Senior - Move Your Feet? Couldn’t get two more different songs 😂 

6 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Obviously unbelievable to start off with nine points out of nine (for the first time since 1988 apparently) but don't know if I'm going against the grain by opining we didn't play very well. For me too many players well off the pace and we were really slow and laborious in possession of the ball in the first half. A lot of that can probably be put down to the freak conditions, I'm not all that sure if it's worth playing in such extreme temperatures if both teams are going to take impromptu drinks breaks every seven or eight minutes, the game just can't get going or have any flow to it and no wonder there were three minutes extra at half time and eleven minutes at the end. It seems totally  counterproductive to me to have the teams out there for an extra 15 minutes in those temperatures.

Anyhow as everyone has pointed out Ayala and BBD were excellent and we simply can't afford to lose the latter imo. Buckley, Szmodics and Hedges weren't at it today imo and even Kaminsky looked hesitant and nervous but the will to win we showed when under the cosh was tremendous. There's a sense I think that something really good might be happening and each win almost feels like celebrating winning a Cup Final at the moment.

The downside of course is that it's only taken us 3 games to run into a mini injury crisis. Time for Messrs Waggott and Broughton to do their jobs, and get some players in to what was already an extremely thin squad to start with.

The new manager has vastly exceeded expectations so far. Give him the support and the tools he needs to do the job!

Buckley was a bit below his usual standards for me today as well but I thought Hedges was good, industrious without excelling. 

Totally agree on your last point, here’s hoping to a productive end to the transfer window. Defenders are urgently required now. 

With it confirmed that Brittain and  Phillips are likely to be fit for Wednesday (and it prob 15 degrees cooler) I don't think we need someone in before then but do think by the end of the week we will. We must do all we can to keep BBD or after the last two week's goals and performance accept 25m minimum and tell suitors they have till next Monday to bid or no deal. 

On 06/08/2022 at 16:55, ossyian said:

He was always a natural box to box midfielder before Tony put the shackles on his game. The lad has so much energy. Hopefully he flourishes this season as he should have been doing for the last couple

10 hours ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

yes!!!!!

I know the masses at Ewood generally aren't the hippest! musically, but bloody hell Sweet fkin Caroline has been done to death everywhere since Pete Kay brought it back from the dead probably nearly 20 years ago now! Surely they can dig out another tune that's not as naff and cliched that most will know the chorus to

I think you are getting mixed up with Tony Christies "Is this the way to Amarillo"!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

Brereton is getting close to irreplaceable. He's scoring goals out of nothing and making them too. He's our matchwinner. Without him we'd have lost today and quite a few games over the past 12 months. He's just getting better and better. Surely we should be pulling out all the stops to keep him and what use is £15m if it blows a hole in our great start to the season? 

The team is No 1.

I'm still looking forward to what Broughton has up his sleeve. Promises of "good budgets" yet to really materialise with only 3 signings, one of which on loan. Tomasson confidently stating last week that we would be stronger come deadline day.

Only a couple more on loan and a Brereton sale would torpedo that.

• Backroom
11 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

what to and what is wrong with the current one? 

In keeping with Thunderstruck on entry, we should play Back in Black when we win, especially if we're intending to aim for playoffs or better.

WE'RE BACK!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gavrover said:

With it confirmed that Brittain and  Phillips are likely to be fit for Wednesday (and it prob 15 degrees cooler) I don't think we need someone in before then but do think by the end of the week we will. We must do all we can to keep BBD or after the last two week's goals and performance accept 25m minimum and tell suitors they have till next Monday to bid or no deal. 

Do you risk playing Ayala again on Wednesday though with Sheffield United up at the weekend? Big decision and the last thing we need at the moment is him out for a while

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Bohinen1983 said:

Can't keep riding our luck. We need to start taking control of games.  We're extremely light at centre half, centre mid and upfront.   I'll feel a lot more positive after we've reinforced the squad with some more quality.  If we don't this won't carry on.

It was terrific game management and certainly not riding our luck. How many chances did they create? Two or three I reckon whilst we probably had the same. Aside from a couple of routine stops Kaminski wasn't tested. Circumstances (and the weather) played a part as we had a makeshift defence for most of the second half. 

• Like 4

Thought we saw the game out reasonably well yesterday. 

Lack of available defenders a worry, hopefully one in by Tues.  Keep saying it though, we need an attacking  player who is seriously rapid (Bellamy, Josh King kind of rapid) who will force teams to sit a a little deeper towards the end of games.  

Missing piece in the jigsaw from an attacking and defesive point of view - in my humble opinion.

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

Do you risk playing Ayala again on Wednesday though with Sheffield United up at the weekend? Big decision and the last thing we need at the moment is him out for a while

I agree it’s a risk. To be honest it’s a big risk. The thing with Ayala is when he does go missing it’s usual for months not the odd game. But who do we play in his place ?

This team will evolve has the continue to work and play under JDT and the staff. He knows what he wants and what demands from his player in the team and the role they are playing. 

Bruce is just another old type manager who is stick the same old boring tactics and he didn't have an answer to JDT tactical plan and I think he should focus on the short comings in his team. I don't think WBA squad is anything special and pretty much championship standard. 

49 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I'm still looking forward to what Broughton has up his sleeve. Promises of "good budgets" yet to really materialise with only 3 signings, one of which on loan. Tomasson confidently stating last week that we would be stronger come deadline day.

Only a couple more on loan and a Brereton sale would torpedo that.

Broughton's direct words was healthy budget compare to teams without parachute payments. Given that 2 cash signings which you never thought we would do. Hopefully VDB will be here shortly then we need a few more signings. Maybe 2 or 3 more

15 minutes ago, Mike E said:

In keeping with Thunderstruck on entry, we should play Back in Black when we win, especially if we're intending to aim for playoffs or better.

WE'RE BACK!

I would keep it the same. Why change it when we are winning. Everyone knows the song. 

8 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

Yep he is class just like he was last season and from a fans point of view there is no point in selling him now.

• Backroom
9 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

This team will evolve has the continue to work and play under JDT and the staff. He knows what he wants and what demands from his player in the team and the role they are playing. 

Bruce is just another old type manager who is stick the same old boring tactics and he didn't have an answer to JDT tactical plan and I think he should focus on the short comings in his team. I don't think WBA squad is anything special and pretty much championship standard. 

Broughton's direct words was healthy budget compare to teams without parachute payments. Given that 2 cash signings which you never thought we would do. Hopefully VDB will be here shortly then we need a few more signings. Maybe 2 or 3 more

I would keep it the same. Why change it when we are winning. Everyone knows the song. 

But it's not OURS, it's the England team's. Otherwise we might as well nick Blue Moon from City before games.

I'd much rather have something that's ours for victories.

Any of Enter Sandman, The Boys are Back in Town, or Simply the Best all get my votes from the classic rock genre. And everyone knows those as well.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, arbitro said:

It was terrific game management and certainly not riding our luck. How many chances did they create? Two or three I reckon whilst we probably had the same. Aside from a couple of routine stops Kaminski wasn't tested. Circumstances (and the weather) played a part as we had a makeshift defence for most of the second half. 

Completely agree with this, they rarely threatened and jammy goal via a deflection... All in all a good day out! 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mike E said:

But it's not OURS, it's the England team's. Otherwise we might as well nick Blue Moon from City before games.

Any of Enter Sandman, The Boys are Back in Town, or Simply the Best all get my votes from the classic rock genre. And everyone knows those as well.

It's not even England's, it's boxing's but I have to agree I hate that we have jumped on the bandwagon. All the tv graphics have changed, new scoreboard and they have had a good clean of the actual stadium. We should have our own song. 

Edited by Danny O.Brien
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

Yes, Sweet Caroline has been playing at US baseball games for a while, then it ended up over here in Rugby League… then the Euros and, well, now it’s everywhere!

It started at Matchroom boxing shows over here about 6 years ago at least, i suppose they pinched it from somewhere probably the US.

So for that reason i'm sick of it now 😅

5 minutes ago, Mike E said:

I wouldn't even say its the England team's song either as It from cricket firstly. But every Rovers fan know the song and I believe its Travis is have decided the music at the start of games and when we win, so lets back his choices. Its got to 

any of enter sandman by Metallic would be totally no from me.  I had to google that to find who song that was. 

The boys are back in town and simply the best are from the past. Time to move on from those songs now. 

22 minutes ago, tomphil said:

It started at Matchroom boxing shows over here about 6 years ago at least, i suppose they pinched it from somewhere probably the US.

So for that reason i'm sick of it now 😅

Northern Ireland have been using it for at least 20 years - as far as I know that was the first instance of it being used in a sporting context in Europe.  I believe we stole it off the Boston Red Sox baseball team.

As a result of it being co-opted by England a lot of us reckon it's time for something new 😅

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Might as well sing football's coming home 

• Like 3