BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v WBA (h) - 14/8/22

1 minute ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

haha why not it least it's a tune that has a long history in the stands

I was trying to think of a well know Danish pop tune or band, I couldn't think of one though, even with the help of google ha, closest Danish link I could get was Lars Ulrich(Metalica) never really listened to much of Metallicas music but surely they must have at least one proper catchy "banger"

Either "Enter Sandman" or "Seek and Destroy" from Metallica.

Alternatively, Nina of Nina and Frederick was Danish but I don't think "Little Donkey" would be appropriate.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Genuinely thought this game would be the one that bought us back down to earth.

We were brilliant today. Not so much the free flowing football but the fight, the will to win and the sheer effort of all of them was something to behold today.

Special mention to Ayala today. I moved from my usual Riverside seat to the near the top of the stand near the Darwen End to get out of the heat. The way he talked to the makeshift defence, marshalled the back line and dragged them all back into position was a defensive masterclass today, also the fact nothing was getting past him. Definitely my MOTM today.

Great day.

Agree he was immense, we dont win without Diaz though. 

20 minutes ago, Tom said:

Boys are back in town pre kick off?

Anyway I’m ignoring you as you blanked me today - rude 

Ha! I thought it was you behind the designer sun gigs, but then I thought, ‘nah he won’t be slumming it in the Blackburn End’

18 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Managers get promotion - not players. of course the latter helps, but without the former, you have no chance. 

Nearly finished my Zinfandel btw

Fully agree about the managers.

Don't mind Zinfandel but just a tad too sweet for my palate - though ideal to accompany those spicy BBQ dishes.  Enjoy and my recommendation as you've nearly finished your bottle is open another!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Just now, Mercer said:

Fully agree about the managers.

Don't mind Zinfandel but just a tad too sweet for my palate - though ideal to accompany those spicy BBQ dishes.  Enjoy and my recommendation as you've nearly finished your bottle is open another!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I dont drink that shite - all a guise to get you in on the act. Up the Rovers!

I just want to say, now I've cooled down, that the players today should be commended for playing in this freak weather. It can't have been easy and most of them gave 100%.

For the first time I'm now thinking we should try and keep hold of Diaz. Those goals are too valuable, along with the assist today for goal 2. Get him signed up, give him what he wants. Every other fan in the championship wants him in their team. Seeing his goal today brought back memories of Shearer hitting it from outside of the box.

Edited by booth
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

don`t be naive!!!!!!!!like you or i did`nt have an underage pint or five

You're right, but legally at least, we have to do the right thing.

And besides, as a professional sportsman, a pint should be the last thing on his mind!

Ayala and Trav OUTSTANDING!!! I love the togetherness of this team! JDT is a tactical genius and I 💯 believe he got the team to take the sting out of the game after their goal…the amount of stoppages were unreal and reminded me of watching those frustrating Italian teams of the past….👏🏼

• Like 7

2 hours ago, tomphil said:

Bruce has never and will never give a Blackburn side much credit, i still maintain he'll be sacked at some point this season the swollen mercenary. 

1 hour ago, JacknOry said:

Yeah the ego's. We had all the stats malarky with Swansea. You don't have our Chilean wonder or a manager that is turning many of us towards the same sex, so go fck yaselves. 

Some brilliant comments on here tonight. These two in particular made me burst out laughing:

”The swollen mercenary” 😂😂😂

”A manager that is turning many of us towards the same sex” 😵💫😂🤪

• Like 2

Can't keep riding our luck. We need to start taking control of games.  We're extremely light at centre half, centre mid and upfront.   I'll feel a lot more positive after we've reinforced the squad with some more quality.  If we don't this won't carry on.

• Like 1

• Backroom

Sweet Caroline is a keeper for me. I'm not a huge fan of it but I was absolutely buzzing giving it the big fist pumps at full time... 'so good, so good, so good' 🎉

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Bohinen1983 said:

Can't keep riding our luck. We need to start taking control of games. If we don't this won't carry on.

This was the first game out of four we didn’t control, so I’m not really sure where you’re coming from here tbh. 

• Like 1

• Backroom
1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

Ha! I thought it was you behind the designer sun gigs, but then I thought, ‘nah he won’t be slumming it in the Blackburn End’

Ha ha not quite - the old prescription sunglasses - still couldn’t read the team on the big screen mind!

Cracking being back in there as well thanks to a generous offer today, really itching to get a season ticket again 

• Backroom
10 minutes ago, Bohinen1983 said:

Can't keep riding our luck. We need to start taking control of games.  We're extremely light at centre half, centre mid and upfront.   I'll feel a lot more positive after we've reinforced the squad with some more quality.  If we don't this won't carry on.

In fairness I thought the luck went against us today with the deflected goal, our goals were both sheer class and we defended resolutely throughout 

• Like 5