BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v WBA (h) - 14/8/22

1 minute ago, 1864roverite said:

It’s a very long time since I witnessed the WHOLE Rovers support stand and applaud those players as they crawled off the park having given their all and busted more than a gut for the shirt, for themselves, for each other and for the fans 👍. We have always known there is a togetherness within the squad but todays game more than ever it was on display and none more so than Ayala and Travis supported by a wonderful team effort ! Strikers scoring 2 excellent goals and the defence, as patched up as it is only conceding an outrageous deflected effort from a team that on paper look to be one of the best in the league. What a pity there wasn’t even more home fans in the ground to witness what is unfolding on that pitch and within this squad JDT and xl appear to have instilled an even better ethic a solid spine and the tactical nouse for the players to go out work hard and win games! It’s a pleasure to see ! Every fan needs to spread the Rovers word be as one and get on Ewood something special is happening 

The main reason that there aren't more is because of the terrible pricing strategies. 

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

It’s a very long time since I witnessed the WHOLE Rovers support stand and applaud those players as they crawled off the park having given their all and busted more than a gut for the shirt, for themselves, for each other and for the fans 👍. We have always known there is a togetherness within the squad but todays game more than ever it was on display and none more so than Ayala and Travis supported by a wonderful team effort ! Strikers scoring 2 excellent goals and the defence, as patched up as it is only conceding an outrageous deflected effort from a team that on paper look to be one of the best in the league. What a pity there wasn’t even more home fans in the ground to witness what is unfolding on that pitch and within this squad JDT and co appear to have instilled an even better ethic a solid spine and the tactical nouse for the players to go out work hard and win games! It’s a pleasure to see ! Every fan needs to spread the Rovers word be as one and get on Ewood something special is happening 

Such a shame so many Rovers fans have been priced out by Waggott. 

• Like 2

Nervy on occasion, to be expected as a 17 year old making a debut - especially in a match like that. Overall though, i think he did very well - didnt really make a mistake and you cant put the goal on him. he didnt want to come off either, you got to love that. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Tricky said:

Some one mentioned about our depth earlier. The subs deserve a real mention, all did a solid commited job once they came on. 

Edun was a real liability when he came on unfortunately, I don't think he did anything right and kept losing the ball.

Dack certainly had a positive impact and how good was his pressing to create an opening for Dolan?

Edited by roversfan99
  • Like 2

57 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Did JDT engage in fist pumping and staff hugging at the end of that? Or just cool nonchalance? 

Cool nonchalance. 

Didn't walk around the edge of the pitch applauding with the players at the end - came out to the centre circle, clapped the fans then walked back in. i.e. it was just job done for him, rather than a cup final. 

2 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Nervy on occasion, to be expected as a 17 year old making a debut - especially in a match like that. Overall though, i think he did very well - didnt really make a mistake and you cant put the goal on him. he didnt want to come off either, you got to love that. 

i don`t think iv`e ever seen a 17 year old look so comfortable against a very good side,he`s going to be some player,needs to stop here for a few years though,he`d get lost in one of the massive squads they have in the premier league

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Cool nonchalance. 

Didn't walk around the edge of the pitch applauding with the players at the end - came out to the centre circle, clapped the fans then walked back in. i.e. it was just job done for him, rather than a cup final. 

Probably wanted to get back in so he could get on the phone for some defenders lol

1 minute ago, simongarnerisgod said:

i don`t think iv`e ever seen a 17 year old look so comfortable against a very good side,he`s going to be some player,needs to stop here for a few years though,he`d get lost in one of the massive squads they have in the premier league

Exactly. Dont let the lure of money ruin your career. Sure, you can get some money now but you will just end up playing in the reserves for years. Alternatively, hold off on the money aspect for a while and build up minutes - the money will come. 

• Like 4

• Moderation Lead
1 minute ago, Sparks Rover said:

Dolan was like a little boy lost again.  He has little boy pace.....

He’s only 20 years old, you probably need to lay off him a bit. With that being said, he certainly wasn’t at his best today.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Hasta said:

I’ve not come off Ewood enjoying a 3 points as much as that for a long time.

They didn’t even play well, but boy was there plenty of labore.

Having said that, the two goals were quality.

I've not heard it that loud at Ewood for a while.

It's amazing what a manager that genuinely engages with the fans with enthusiasm does to the atmosphere. His team are a credit to him at the moment. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

I remember you saying that last season, you then admitted you’d not seen the game and Dolan was man of the match 😉

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JacknOry said:

Exactly. Dont let the lure of money ruin your career. Sure, you can get some money now but you will just end up playing in the reserves for years. Alternatively, hold off on the money aspect for a while and build up minutes - the money will come. 

At 17 it is very difficult to make your own decisions and not to listen to the people around you. If agent and family want him to cash in now he is probably going to.

4 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

I thought he was fine personally - added energy from the bench. I think that's what he's best suited for.

He lacks that extra gear to really worry defenders though. 

• Like 4