BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Carabao Cup - next round, moving on - draw.

9 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

It’s nice to go so far. When did we last have a cup run ?

I can't remember and it's not down to my age, it's just been a long time.

I love a good Cup run and it's feel good factor for fans, players and all at the Club.

I know that I certainly got a buzz from beating a PL outfit at their place.

• Like 1

• Backroom

Can we please please please beg Waggott to make Forest at home (a free hit in terms of money) a well-priced game in the lead-up to Christmas?

Do something creative like:

£15 all areas, £10 concessions and juniors.

ST-holders and 1875 members - £10 and £5.

If you buy a PNE game ticket, you also get the cup game at the reduced rate.

Edited by Mike E
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Mike E said:

Can we please please please beg Waggott to make Forest at home (a free hit in terms of money) a well-priced game in the lead-up to Christmas?

Do something creative like:

£15 all areas, £10 concessions and juniors.

ST-holders and 1875 members - £10 and £5.

If you buy a PNE game ticket, you also get the cup game at the reduced rate.

I don't think we should lower ourselves to grovelling at the feet of a scumbag like that.

A good bombardment of mail towards the club stating that the prices are unacceptable is the way to go.

7 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

At home in a winnable game, in normal time.

A chance to get a plumb tie later on.

I'm happy with that.

No mate, let's play for penalties and in the words of Peter Kay 'we'll shit 'em'.

😂😂

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Potentially one of the biggest gates of the season, potentially. Didn't expect to say that for a Carabao cup game but the timing of it is very fortunate. 

I think I'm more inclined to expect Swag to balls the pricing structure up though, again.

Forest at home to be a big gate? Not seeing it. Hardly a glamour tie and we’re unlikely to field a strong team. Regardless of prices, can’t see us getting a bigger crowd than the league fixtures.

12 minutes ago, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

Forest at home to be a big gate? Not seeing it. Hardly a glamour tie and we’re unlikely to field a strong team. Regardless of prices, can’t see us getting a bigger crowd than the league fixtures.

Normally I would agree but look at the date here. Schools (round here anyway) break up the Friday before, I imagine a fair few people will also have finished work for Xmas. It's the last 16 of a cup competition, albeit a less prestigious one than the FA cup. Get through here and the likelihood is we're the last championship team in it, it should stir up interest and excitement. 

• Like 1

Agreed morten, there will be a good few walk ons, but as plenty of ST holders will swerve it (and as not a league game won’t be included in the gate anyway) it won’t be a particularly big home turnout.

I can see Forest fetching a good number though to make it look respectable. 

Adults for £10 and kids for a quid will see us get 20000 plus I believe. Forest would bring around 5000 at those prices I think.

Come on Swag listen to the fans for once and get as many as possible in - those young lads who performed so well on Wednesday deserve it.

• Like 4

Hmm, not sure. A league game certainly would, but can’t see it for a midweek cup tie as I’d wager at least a third of ST holders won’t buy a ticket.

So you are then needing 10,000+ non ST holder walk ons to get towards 15k home fans, more than double the number of any game this season, and I just can’t see that for a December mid week game against ‘normal’ opposition.

Edited by Mattyblue

There is only one way this will be a poor gate, and that will be commercially suicidal pricing by the powers that be at Ewood.

Anything up to £15 a ticket for adults is a no brainer. Anything over that and it becomes a conscious choice, which might not go Rovers' way in the run up to Christmas.

It is an opportunity to fill Ewood, make no mistake. But then, the words 'make no mistake' are hardly the hallmark of the club's commercial management in recent time, are they?

Like someone above has already stated - it is a free hit for the club. Let's hope they decide to knock it into Row Z!

COY SWAG

34 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Hmm, not sure. A league game certainly would, but can’t see it for a midweek cup tie as I’d wager at least a third of ST holders won’t buy a ticket.

So you are then needing 10,000+ non ST holder walk ons to get towards 15k home fans, more than double the number of any game this season, and I just can’t see that for a December mid week game against ‘normal’ opposition.

Pricing is key and this will be Forest's first game after the World Cup break. If they shift up to 5k then I think us selling 15k is achievable. Looking at the fixtures I don't think it will be televised. 

19 minutes ago, Shirley Crabtree Wrestler said:

There is only one way this will be a poor gate, and that will be commercially suicidal pricing by the powers that be at Ewood.

Anything up to £15 a ticket for adults is a no brainer. Anything over that and it becomes a conscious choice, which might not go Rovers' way in the run up to Christmas.

It is an opportunity to fill Ewood, make no mistake. But then, the words 'make no mistake' are hardly the hallmark of the club's commercial management in recent time, are they?

Like someone above has already stated - it is a free hit for the club. Let's hope they decide to knock it into Row Z!

COY SWAG

We won’t get close to 20k regardless of price. United, Liverpool or Burnley at home - different story. Forest is not a big draw and the game isn’t of significant consequence. Hope I’m wrong though.

Edited by magicalmortensleftpeg

3 hours ago, Upside Down said:

I don't think we should lower ourselves to grovelling at the feet of a scumbag like that.

A good bombardment of mail towards the club stating that the prices are unacceptable is the way to go.

its a good idea but there are plenty who just cannot be bothered to construct an email and send it to the club!

2 minutes ago, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

We won’t get close to 20k regardless of price. United, Liverpool or Burnley at home - different story. Forest is not a big draw and the game isn’t of significant consequence. Hope I’m wrong btw!

its a big draw for them ! Championship team and a route to the quarter finals!

1 minute ago, 1864roverite said:

its a good idea but there are plenty who just cannot be bothered to construct an email and send it to the club!

Agreed. There is a mental barrier that some people are afraid to cross.

By all means vent away on BRFCS but also vent your frustrations directly to the club. We certainly shouldn't be allowing the people in charge to treat loyal fans, the solid backbone of the club, with the total disregard and lack of respect that they do. The very least we can do is fill their inbox every week.

I do agree that it shouldn't be up to the fans to tell them that their pricing is exploitative and disgraceful but let's face it, they are either so totally brainless that they don't know or they are nothing other than a shower of cunts that don't give a fuck.

The way I see it is its more about holding their feet to the fire. I'm also of the mindset that this should be more of an organised campaign so they receive the message en masse from many many fans.

The owners certainly don't hold them accountable for their disgusting treatment of the fans. The least we can do is provide some backlash.