BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Carabao Cup - next round, moving on - draw.

2 hours ago, arbitro said:

Adults for £10 and kids for a quid will see us get 20000 plus I believe. Forest would bring around 5000 at those prices I think.

Come on Swag listen to the fans for once and get as many as possible in - those young lads who performed so well on Wednesday deserve it.

Makes sense and then stock  the club shop and get it emptied before xmas

Edited by Oldgregg86
  • Like 2

We're away from home on the 17th and the 26th so in reality we only have 1 home game before Christmas (PNE on the 10th) until this draw was made.

Great excuse for some Christmas marketing. £10 adult and £1 kid should sell out lower tier BBE and most of JW with 5k Forest fans I'd imagine 18k or so on the gate.

Could go for something like £5 for a season ticket holder or £5 if you buy a Preston ticket too. Got a month to advertise that and might help PNE walk ons too 

As others have said, it's literally a free, unexpected hit - which might help shift some half season tickets.

Edited by superniko
  • Like 3

30 minutes ago, rigger said:

This fixture will clash with the U21s game with Celtic, I wonder if they will allow the U21s game to be played at Leyland ? It may also mean the Rovers fielding the first team.

They will just postpone the Celtic game if needs be.

I think there are two competing pressures here. The fact that this game will be one of only two home games for Rovers before Christmas, plus it being school holidays should help ticket sales. But being a few days before Christmas everyone is usually very busy with preparations, parties etc - usually the Saturday games just before Christmas have lower gates.

I would agree that making cheap tickets available to ST holders and to anyone buying a Preston ticket would be the best way forward.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, rigger said:

It has already been postponed once, I don't know what the European competition rules are.

It's a development game, can be moved as many times as we see fit.

Think the group stage games have to be completed by February.

Yeah they could easily do that, i'm sure Ewood will hold up with two games in two nights with it having no action for a month.

If that is the case i imagine the game against Celtic will be more like an under 18s game if we continue the theme with our CC cup teams we have picked so far.

Anyway, I reckon it will be £20 adults and £10 kids and end up with around or just over 10k on.

Halving the adult price and making it £1 for kids could generate a pretty healthy gate I reckon with it being the Christmas holidays, but it won't happen.

Edited by MarkBRFC

Don't ticket prices have to be agreed by both teams?

I know thats the case in the FA Cup where the revenue is split, I'm assuming the same happens here?

Plus there's a minumum you can charge in the FA Cup, think it starts at £10 for round 3 and may rise through the rounds but don't know for sure.

Having said that, with the money on offer in the Prem, its hardly going to dent the coffers at Forest if we offer tickets for £10, £15 or £20

8 hours ago, Derby Blue said:

Don't ticket prices have to be agreed by both teams?

I know thats the case in the FA Cup where the revenue is split, I'm assuming the same happens here?

Yeah, my understanding is matchday revenue is split 45/45 (with the remaining 10% going into the prize fund, I think)

Some back-of-the-envelope math (assuming an average ticket price of £18; the £10 tickets were only the corners of the upper level) suggests the 40,534 attending the West Ham game netted us ~£325k. Nothing major, but that alone is maybe 8-10% of our typical annual matchday revenue...

Our first mini Cup run in a while is a nice, minor boost to the coffers... Nottingham at home on a Tuesday night in December may not be as lucrative!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RoverCanada said:

Yeah, my understanding is matchday revenue is split 45/45 (with the remaining 10% going into the prize fund, I think)

Some back-of-the-envelope math (assuming an average ticket price of £18; the £10 tickets were only the corners of the upper level) suggests the 40,534 attending the West Ham game netted us ~£325k. Nothing major, but that alone is maybe 8-10% of our typical annual matchday revenue...

Our first mini Cup run in a while is a nice, minor boost to the coffers... Nottingham at home on a Tuesday night in December may not be as lucrative!

Certainly not when swag charges £35 a ticket. 

You would expect Forest to sell plenty of tickets. They're cheap and this will be the first game since the World Cup break for them. I would probably expect that they will be playing a strong side too, as it can be used as a pre restart game for them.

I'm sure the upper tier will be available if they can guarantee enough sales to make it worthwhile for Rovers.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...