BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Carabao Cup - next round, moving on - draw.

For those wavering just remember the much changed teams selected so far in this comp and the spirited shows they turned in.

Very refreshing and a mile away from the first team stuff of recent times so hopefully he'll do the same again and let them have a go. They deserve some support and there really is no need to play with the shackles on in a cup game.

I don't know if this has a bearing on the number of tickets showing as sold but when I got ours on the last day you had to claim your own seat I was offered two options. The first was a standard paper ticket and the second was to update your season card to allow admission using that.

I'm surprised the Riverside stand is even open for this it's normally shut for these type of fixtures. 

JW stand is where most head when tickets are cheap so that is the one to look at but either way another poor turn out and atmosphere seems guaranteed. The young lads deserve so much better but it'll be a nice bit of character building for them.

I’m going with a group of us and won’t purchase till next week when I know the definite numbers.  There’s no pressure as you can get decent seats in groups however late you leave it for most games.

Had this been straight after West Ham it would have been an ok crowd, but two self-inflicted drubbings in two local derbys will have an effect like this.

Edited by Hasta

I see they've now taken the Riverside off sale which looks to be an embarrassing acceptance that we aren't going to sell remotely enough to justify opening it.

Not sure what happens to those who have already bought tickets in the Riverside.

See the Forest goons are lauding their support. I must have imagined the last 10 years when they've maxed out at about 2000 coming to Ewood in the league.

Rovers now have this hidden away on the website with a poster "Affordable Premium Football".

I'm not sure what that means because the Carabao Cup isn't Premium but usually a chance for sides to make wholesale changes and is  "affordable" here suggesting that all the other games we charge more for not affordable?

• Like 1

I'm sure Forest had sub 1k here not long ago for a night game when they were shite ?

They certainly aren't a team who've brought thousands up here every time we've played that's for sure. Just another typical big city club (compared to the town of Blackburn) waving their little todgers about.

Never bring that many more than Derby.

Hopefully little old Rovers pull their fingers out and do what they do best and have done countless times down the years, send a huge big city away following slinking home quietly with their tails between their legs.

I think it's nailed on it'll double at least as there was 6k home fans on v Hartlepool.

Still it highlights how hard it is in these parts to drum up extra support compared to clubs from places the size of Nottingham for these kind of games.

So i've been back through the last few weeks and can confirm that today's announcement on the Riverside being closed shortly followed by a ticket price reminder are the first posts by Rovers about the Nottingham Forest game since the tickets were first put on sale on 25th November.

This means that since the draw over a month ago there was one tweet on 25th November announcing prices and then today's reminder.

Now when Waggott is sat in his office baffled by poor sales figures perhaps one thing he should be asking is whether 1 reminder in a month is sufficient marketing or promotion for a cup clash against a PL side.

I'd suggest not - it is the bare minimum effort and therefore no surprise to see a poor turn out.

Maybe one day they'll try and push sales and market things but until then we will be held back.

Edited by JHRover
  • Like 1

A mixture of comments, your usual fans with a lack of empathy (often the younger ones who get discounted tickets, living with their parents and are totally oblivious to a different, efficient Rovers) mixed with quite a l ot of understanding. 

End of the day, Forest have not played in ages so their fans will be more willing, its a cup game with a likely second string side, it is midweek and absolutely freezing cold, it has barely been advertised and we have just been battered twice off local rivals. Plus that 3.5k will increase with people paying on the days.

I have never got the feeling that the whole fan base has totally warmed to Tomasson to be honest either, initially there was a huge buzz that Mowbray had gone and that we had put in what seemed to be an efficient "structure" but I feel like if form really unravelled he would get it in the neck a bit more than Mowbray.